Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1876
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kinda depressing to know if he only could make shots he'd be a legit star. But then again Tim Tebow was nearly the entire package minus the part he couldn't make a ing pass to save his life (Except that time against the Steelers in OT)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I shake my head at a lot of you farmers clowning Zo because of his shot. Anybody watch Rondo take a wet on Dame - two games in a row? Rondo "can't shoot" but Dame can, and he's the all star. Yet the favored Guests are down 2-0.

Like Rondo, Zo plays defense. I'd argue Zo's defense as a rookie is better than Rondo's when he was a rookie. It will improve once he gets stronger (he's rail thin right now).

All the Lakers need to do is make him a 4th/5th option. , that was Rondo when them Celtic bums beat my Lakers in 2008. Nobody talked about his shot. He just got the ball to his shooters in scoring position, played D, and opportunistically scored.

Yes, Zo needs to improve his shot, but as I've been saying all along, he does everything else.

Zo has some big holes in his game. They're all fixable with added weight, strength, experience and hard work. His work ethic tells me that he will improve on his weaknesses by working his ass off every summer. No doubt in my mind he was the right pick for this team running the Dubs offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I shake my head at a lot of you farmers clowning Zo because of his shot. Anybody watch Rondo take a wet on Dame - two games in a row? Rondo "can't shoot" but Dame can, and he's the all star. Yet the favored Guests are down 2-0.

Like Rondo, Zo plays defense. I'd argue Zo's defense as a rookie is better than Rondo's when he was a rookie. It will improve once he gets stronger (he's rail thin right now).

All the Lakers need to do is make him a 4th/5th option. , that was Rondo when them Celtic bums beat my Lakers in 2008. Nobody talked about his shot. He just got the ball to his shooters in scoring position, played D, and opportunistically scored.

Yes, Zo needs to improve his shot, but as I've been saying all along, he does everything else.

Zo has some big holes in his game. They're all fixable with added weight, strength, experience and hard work. His work ethic tells me that he will improve on his weaknesses by working his ass off every summer. No doubt in my mind he was the right pick for this team running the Dubs offense.
    So wait, Rondo is effective when he had three HoFers around him, and absolute dog when his team was horrible (see Kings) because he can't shoot, and yet you are happy that the Lakers drafted a poor man's Rondo at #2 when the roster is horrible, when there were franchise player types that can carry a team's offense later in the draft?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So wait, Rondo is effective when he had three HoFers around him, and absolute dog when his team was horrible (see Kings) because he can't shoot, and yet you are happy that the Lakers drafted a poor man's Rondo at #2 when the roster is horrible, when there were franchise player types that can carry a team's offense later in the draft?
    First off, our roster is not horrible. We beat several playoff teams this year - including your Spurs twice. We had a 9 game losing streak and didn't start Randle (as Luke was building up Nance Jr. trade value - which worked). We've had several "winnable games" that didn't pan out due to injuries to key players and inexperience. Yet we still won 35 games. Matter of fact, I am okay with watching the kids grow and won't bat an eye if we miss out on max players this summer.

However, we have positioned ourselves to duplicate 2008 Celtics. We got to room for 2 max players to add to our 35 win team. For example, if we get PG13 and LBJ (as rumored), they are worth another 20 wins by themselves. And the hottest rumor is KL to LA. Pop loves Kuz. A package of our young players centered around Kuz, draft picks and cash should do it. This would be similar to the Pau trade - disgruntled star wanting out. The public knows about it so the Spurs doesn't get full value.

Imagine PG13, LBJ, and KL teaming up with Zo running the show. I could.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off, our roster is not horrible. We beat several playoff teams this year - including your Spurs twice. We had a 9 game losing streak and didn't start Randle (as Luke was building up Nance Jr. trade value - which worked). We've had several "winnable games" that didn't pan out due to injuries to key players and inexperience. Yet we still won 35 games. Matter of fact, I am okay with watching the kids grow and won't bat an eye if we miss out on max players this summer.

However, we have positioned ourselves to duplicate 2008 Celtics. We got to room for 2 max players to add to our 35 win team. For example, if we get PG13 and LBJ (as rumored), they are worth another 20 wins by themselves. And the hottest rumor is KL to LA. Pop loves Kuz. A package of our young players centered around Kuz, draft picks and cash should do it. This would be similar to the Pau trade - disgruntled star wanting out. The public knows about it so the Spurs doesn't get full value.

Imagine PG13, LBJ, and KL teaming up with Zo running the show. I could.
    I am not sure if I follow your logic. You appear to claim that the Lakers are not horrible, because they are actually better than their 35 game record indicates, as supported by how they lost a few games that they "shouldn't" have, but then you cited some games for which they won but were not expected to. My interpretation is that they cancel each other out, so they are a 35-win team, or roughly so, which is a horrible team.

Ingram is a stud, I give you that, but he is best with the ball in his hands, so having Lonzo is pretty much pointless. Randle is a homeless man's Zach Randolph with Kevin Willis arms, I love his hustle, I love his team first at ude, but he is a bad basketball player getting lots of burn because of how bad the team really is. He is, at best, an 8th or 9th man counted on to hustle and set screens, not a 3rd option on any team, whether they have championship aspirations or not.

Other than that, they are a bad team.

Then you go into hyperboles about all these mega-stars signing with the Lakers. Have you heard of counting chickens before they hatch? You think Lonzo will be useful with PG13, LBJ, and/or Kawhi? What is he supposed to do? Be the 3 and D buy without the 3? Lonzo is best used as a floor general for the 2nd unit of a team. Him and Randle actually work well together if they are surrounded by shooters, but then no team can afford that set up as a 2nd unit, but they are not good enough to be a decent 1st unit.

Not only that you used a #2 pick on him.

I am not saying he can't be a productive player one day, but a 2nd pick? A saviour for once proud franchise? I don't believe so.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I am not sure if I follow your logic. You appear to claim that the Lakers are not horrible, because they are actually better than their 35 game record indicates, as supported by how they lost a few games that they "shouldn't" have, but then you cited some games for which they won but were not expected to. My interpretation is that they cancel each other out, so they are a 35-win team, or roughly so, which is a horrible team.

Ingram is a stud, I give you that, but he is best with the ball in his hands, so having Lonzo is pretty much pointless. Randle is a homeless man's Zach Randolph with Kevin Willis arms, I love his hustle, I love his team first at ude, but he is a bad basketball player getting lots of burn because of how bad the team really is. He is, at best, an 8th or 9th man counted on to hustle and set screens, not a 3rd option on any team, whether they have championship aspirations or not.

Then you go into hyperboles about all these mega-stars signing with the Lakers. Have you heard of counting chickens before they hatch? You think Lonzo will be useful with PG13, LBJ, and/or Kawhi? What is he supposed to do? Be the 3 and D buy without the 3? Lonzo is best used as a floor general for the 2nd unit of a team. Him and Randle actually work well together if they are surrounded by shooters, but then no team can afford that set up as a 2nd unit, but they are not good enough to be a decent 1st unit.

I am not saying he can't be a productive player one day, but a 2nd pick? A saviour for once proud franchise? I don't believe so.
    Lots of silly nuggets in this post. I'm quoting for future reference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of silly nuggets in this post. I'm quoting for future reference.
    Like what? Like how you are counting on the Lakers getting Kawhi and Lebron? PG13 is a possibility, but I am not sure how the two would mesh.

And Randle is a great hustle guy, but he is like an 8th option. I am not sure how you can't see that.

People say Lonzo would fit in the old game, he won't. Kidd was way more athletic than him at a younger age, and trilobite Kidd was way smarter and had a much better outside shot. Lonzo is simply a homeless man's Rondo with none of that at ude. Not saying he's a bust, but he is not the Lakers needed, especially with the keys being in Ingram's hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and what's the point of this. to show that 9-gmae Kawhi sold more jerseys than your non-shooting savior?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Just think: according to Spurfan, Kawhi is a quitter, autistic and unmarketable. He's sat out all year and plays in San Antonio. And Lonzo Bust STILL can't sell more jerseys than him despite all the media hype and playing for the biggest bandwagon franchise in sports.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Laker fans need to chill ...we have been a show...so nothing is promised. We had a big first step this year but got a long way to go. I hope other teams look at Randle the same way Amb does because maybe we can retaon him at fair valuexto both sides. Randle is not only a bully vs small ball centers but played 82 games and wore teams down at times. I just wouldnt overpay.
    Last year many called Ingram a bust, now he is a "stud".
    Lakerhaters need to chill yooo. waasy To early to say what Lonzo will be yet...look how long it took for Jrue to fully develop? And Kuzma is legit and so is josh hart. We got a strong core we just lack a superstar.. we need to get one this year or next to lead this core if we want to make playoff noise.

But if we dont for once in a long while ...im excited about our team and it's future even if FA pipedreams go unfulfilled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker fans need to chill ...we have been a show...so nothing is promised. We had a big first step this year but got a long way to go. I hope other teams look at Randle the same way Amb does because maybe we can retaon him at fair valuexto both sides. Randle is not only a bully vs small ball centers but played 82 games and wore teams down at times. I just wouldnt overpay.
    Last year many called Ingram a bust, now he is a "stud".
    Lakerhaters need to chill yooo. waasy To early to say what Lonzo will be yet...look how long it took for Jrue to fully develop? And Kuzma is legit and so is josh hart. We got a strong core we just lack a superstar.. we need to get one this year or next to lead this core if we want to make playoff noise.

But if we dont for once in a long while ...im excited about our team and it's future even if FA pipedreams go unfulfilled
    you guys keep talking like you are building a team.. but that is not the case imo, this is the year the past project is done. Clarkson is gone, Randle is gone, DBust is gone, Brook Lopez is gone, Larry Nance is gone, KCP is gone. It will be the first year of a new project, centered around Lonzo, Ingram and probably George.. The rest, who knows.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    you guys keep talking like you are building a team.. but that is not the case imo, this is the year the past project is done. Clarkson is gone, Randle is gone, DBust is gone, Brook Lopez is gone, Larry Nance is gone, KCP is gone. It will be the first year of a new project, centered around Lonzo, Ingram and probably George.. The rest, who knows.
    Don't forget Kyle Kuzma, their best rookie this year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are the made fts? Those are the most amazing highlights because they are so rare.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One of the multiple wins Zo led us to in an undefeated season vs the Sp*rs. Enjoy:

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Lonzo Bust nowhere to be found:

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just think: according to Spurfan, Kawhi is a quitter, autistic and unmarketable. He's sat out all year and plays in San Antonio. And Lonzo Bust STILL can't sell more jerseys than him despite all the media hype and playing for the biggest bandwagon franchise in sports.
    says the fan who was no where to be seen during the danny manning, keith closs, olowakandi, Elton brand days...

but as soon as the league stepped in to gift you CP3 and throw away your racist owner we suddenly have a clipper fan claiming he has been a fan since the san diego days.

give me a ing break. your penguin looking owner is trying real hard to emulate the lakers, hiring jerry west and trying to build a stadium in Inglewood. No matter what you guys do you will always be in the shadow of the greatest franchise in NBA history. no one would care what the clippers accomplish. you guys can make the NBA finals 10 years in a row and the lakers will still be a bigger news story than the clippers.

the clippers need to leave southern California there is nothing they can do that will overshadow the lakers even winning a championship will not do it.

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lonzo Bust nowhere to be found:

meh we always do better with our draft picks in year 3

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    My join date on this website literally predates the CP0 trade. Nice try, though.

Protip: only the casuals care about "overshadowing the Lakers." The Warriors will never overshadow the Lakers in California either, but somehow I don't think that's bothering them at the moment.

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My join date on this website literally predates the CP0 trade. Nice try, though.

Protip: only the casuals care about "overshadowing the Lakers." The Warriors will never overshadow the Lakers in California either, but somehow I don't think that's bothering them at the moment.
    exactly and that's how your owner thinks and this is why you guys will never win

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    exactly and that's how your owner thinks and this is why you guys will never win
    Truth be told, I'm not very impressed by Ballmer so far. He needs to move on from Doc already instead of pretending he's a good coach.

However, at least he's not Sterling.

The Lakers
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Truth be told, I'm not very impressed by Ballmer so far. He needs to move on from Doc already instead of pretending he's a good coach.

yea you guys got lucky with sterling getting banned

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Ballmer put Clipper selfies up to cover up Laker Banners. Sterling did not. My unbiased analytical analysis: Sterling > Ballmer

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Ballmer put Clipper selfies up to cover up Laker Banners. Sterling did not. My unbiased analytical analysis: Sterling > Ballmer
    That sure triggered the out of Laker fans. You guys are still crying years later.

Advantage: Ballmer.

Thread Information