Page 30 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They'd have lost all of those games by even larger margins with Lonzo Bust, tbh.
    Nah, you trolling. Recap:

- Clipps, Boston, OKC, Wizards, and maybe 1 other team truly beat us down this year

- Playoff teams we beat: Wizards, Rockets, and 6ers

- Loss to Dubs 3 times, but took them to OT twice, and were in all 3 games

- We were in it to win it in several other games, including your EC team: the Cavs

I'm not for moral victories, but given the above, we are a respectable 15-21 when Zo plays. When he doesn't, you saw the Tweet. The analytics and my eye test say the Lakers are pathetic without him.

Lastly, if 10/7/7 is the worst stats he'll produce (his floor), I'll take it. Keep trolling though. I enjoy it.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "I'm not for moral victories"
    Your entire post is a celebration of moral victories

Damn... the absolute state of Warriors, I mean, "Laker fans."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "I'm not for moral victories"
    Your entire post is a celebration of moral victories

Damn... the absolute state of Warriors, I mean, "Laker fans."
    SMH

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lonzo is an amazing defender, anybody who watches the lakers can attest to that. the hate he gets as a rookie is just

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    lonzo is an amazing defender, anybody who watches the lakers can attest to that. the hate he gets as a rookie is just
    People are just stating facts about Lonzo Bust's performance. If that sounds like hating to you, maybe that should tell you something.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    People are just stating facts about Lonzo Bust's performance. If that sounds like hating to you, maybe that should tell you something.
    a rookie averaging 10/7/7 while being great defender and a great team player, also doesn't need touches.

only has to work on his shot to become a complete player, easy potential for a 18-8-8 prime ... lol thinking he is a bust, it tells me people don't understand basketball at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you guys say the same stuff every year

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you guys say the same stuff every year
    son don't put me in the same lot with some of the laker fans in here. I never said randle will be a 20-10 player or that kobe > duncan or lebron. I'm telling it like it is tbh. Lonzo ball will be a good player because he is smart, has good effort and besides a consistent jumpshot is the total package. Anybody failing to see that has zero eye for talent tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He's putting up empty stats on a bad team right now. Big whoop.

The fact remains that if you're going to build a franchise around a point guard in today's era, they need to be able to shoot and score at a dominant level, and Lonzo can't do that. He probably never will. All the other stats are just noise unless he somehow becomes that type of point guard.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's putting up empty stats on a bad team right now. Big whoop.

The fact remains that if you're going to build a franchise around a point guard in today's era, they need to be able to shoot and score at a dominant level, and Lonzo can't do that. He probably never will. All the other stats are just noise unless he somehow becomes that type of point guard.
    the lakers have a better record with him, check it out if you want
    he plays team first, so he isn't taking touches from anybody but sacrificing his own stats
    the lakers are a full 6pts better defensively with him on the floor
    judging young players by stats, bet you had a great opinion on curry/paul george/kwahi/etc
    shoot first pgs being the key to winning rings, curry has 1 fmvp vote
    irrational hate
    lakers aren't building around ball
    all stats are noise besides shooting because it somehow suits my argument.
    saying a rookie will never improve

come on son get the outta here with this low quality trolling

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    the lakers have a better record with him, check it out if you want
    he plays team first, so he isn't taking touches from anybody but sacrificing his own stats
    the lakers are a full 6pts better defensively with him on the floor
    judging young players by stats, bet you had a great opinion on curry/paul george/kwahi/etc
    shoot first pgs being the key to winning rings, curry has 1 fmvp vote
    irrational hate
    lakers aren't building around ball
    all stats are noise besides shooting because it somehow suits my argument.
    saying a rookie will never improve

come on son get the outta here with this low quality trolling
    Reality:

The Lakers are trash, with and without him
    There's a difference between playing team first and not being a threat to score
    Defense doesn't matter nearly as much at the PG position as being a threat to score
    Moving the goalposts from "but he's averaging 10/7/7!" to "you can't judge a rookie on their stats!"
    Curry has two rings; meanwhile, guys like CP0 and Wall can't even get past the second round
    Rational criticism
    The Lakers drafted Ball with the #2 pick and are treating him like the franchise savior - how are they not building around him?
    Trusting pass-first PGs to win jack as the first option in today's league
    Thinking that broke-ass jump shot is guaranteed to improve

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Reality:

The Lakers are trash, with and without him
    son the lakers are trash but they play better with him, both stats and eye test show this.
    There's a difference between playing team first and not being a threat to score
    scoring doesn't equal shooting, but yes he is poor at that .. he'll get better.
    Defense doesn't matter nearly as much at the PG position as being a threat to score
    yes, for small pgs, but having a pg able to switch up on bigs is invaluable. his defense is actually exceptional for his age if you'd bother watching the games.
    Moving the goalposts from "but he's averaging 10/7/7!" to "you can't judge a rookie on their stats!"
    i'm saying that he's doing good for a rookie but I won't judge his career by his 1st season stats
    Curry has two rings; meanwhile, guys like CP0 and Wall can't even get past the second round
    curry has two rings because he had stacked as teams. give the warriors to cp0 and wall and they also ring in 2016.
    Rational criticism
    you know nothing about it tbh
    The Lakers drafted Ball with the #2 pick and are treating him like the franchise savior - how are they not building around him?
    that's why they're giving kuzma so many shots and running the offense through ingram
    Trusting pass-first PGs to win jack as the first option in today's league
    he isn't the center piece, he's just a good future piece.
    Thinking that broke-ass jump shot is guaranteed to improve
    he shot 40% 3p in college on good volume and his % have been improving throughout the season. The odds are in favor of improvement
    wasting my time here..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no . CN's takes are all just troll opinions that he takes to the extreme, which he then regurgitates enough times to the point where he actually believes the he was originally posting just to with people

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1st win without Zo vs a playoff team!

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Caruso's dunk tonight was better than Lonzo's whole career, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Caruso's dunk tonight was better than Lonzo's whole career, tbh.
    You like scoring so much, why you hate Kobe?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You like scoring so much, why you hate Kobe?
    Kobe was an overrated chucker.

I'm just saying, in today's NBA, you can't have a point guard dominating the ball to the degree Lonzo does - he's leading the Lakers in touches per game and time of possession by a significant margin - when they're not an efficient scoring threat to keep defenses honest. 10 PPG on an atrocious 43% TS is not going to cut it. Like Mid said earlier in the thread, he would need to become a 20 PPG scorer on efficient percentages to justify the #2 pick - and I'm not really seeing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    son don't put me in the same lot with some of the laker fans in here. I never said randle will be a 20-10 player or that kobe > duncan or lebron. I'm telling it like it is tbh. Lonzo ball will be a good player because he is smart, has good effort and besides a consistent jumpshot is the total package. Anybody failing to see that has zero eye for talent tbh.
    he's not. He's not athletic and doesn't have a shot. That right there should close every discussion about him being anywhere near a total package, today tomorrow or anytime soon. The fact he rebounds and passes is meh at best if you consider that your team is a lottery one, and the thing about defense... i mean you're clearly ignoring the fact that he missed a huge part of the hard part of the schedule. Of course his numbers will be skewed. I've said it many times to many people, advanced stats are irrelevant when it comes to rookies.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I'm just saying, in today's NBA, you can't have a point guard dominating the ball to the degree Lonzo does - he's leading the Lakers in touches per game and time of possession by a significant margin - when they're not an efficient scoring threat to keep defenses honest. 10 PPG on an atrocious 43% TS is not going to cut it. Like Mid said earlier in the thread, he would need to become a 20 PPG scorer on efficient percentages to justify the #2 pick - and I'm not really seeing it.
    nba has him 4th in usage on the entire team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn............... Clarksons box tonight. 33/7/7 and 14 of 19 from the field.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

His usage rate is much lower these last 10 games or so as compared to the beginning of the season. But he's setting the table for us. We just not taking advantage by missing shots or turning it over (characteristics of a young roster).

Once we field a better roster you'll see him be even more effective than he is now. I believe his scoring will come although he'll never be 50/40/90 like Steph. He does everything else well including playing D, like I've said.

I'm pleased with his development so far. He'll only get better.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    nba has him 4th in usage on the entire team
    I know right?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Lonzo stans deflecting from ^ this ^

Thread Information