Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah we all want to see gonzo as a spot up shooter...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

He's SLOWLY getting there. I even saw better form on his pull up midrange jumper:

I think this thread is inspiring him. Thanks mid

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Moral victory hype time. I can count on one hand all year that we got blown out. Clipps on opening night, Rockets, Boston, and maybe the 2nd Wizards game (I was in attendance for that one and it pissed me off). All the other losses, I agree with Lonzo. We were right there. Last night if we make closer to 75% of our freebies (vs closer to 50%), we win.

Now the standings show we are 8 games below 0.500, but if you watch the games, we are a better team than what our record shows. My boys are too green and make mental mistakes that lead to losses.

That being said, these losses are FrUstratiNg. Fun to see us compete with the big boys but frustrating when we lose winnable games. I'm enjoying the ride like it's 1992-1995. Post Magic, pre Shaq and Kobe era. I'm hoping the formula works again in that we have a few lean years, collect talented young players, then strike in free agency when the timing is right. Well, we'll most likely have enough cap space for 2 max players. The way these Baby Lakers are competing, I'm sure free agents will want to play with Lonzo, BI, and Kuz. We'll see...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/te...layoff-HistoryLos Angeles Lakers Playoff History

Opening Round Conference Semi Finals Conference Finals NBA Finals
    Season Record Results Opponent Record Results Opponent Record Results Opponent Record Results Opponent
    2016-2017 - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2015-2016 - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2014-2015 - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2013-2014 - - - - - - - - - - - -

Believe.
    - playing Farmland Checkers again huh? Be smarter than that son.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Moral victory hype time. I can count on one hand all year that we got blown out. Clipps on opening night, Rockets, Boston, and maybe the 2nd Wizards game (I was in attendance for that one and it pissed me off). All the other losses, I agree with Lonzo. We were right there. Last night if we make closer to 75% of our freebies (vs closer to 50%), we win.

Now the standings show we are 8 games below 0.500, but if you watch the games, we are a better team than what our record shows. My boys are too green and make mental mistakes that lead to losses.

That being said, these losses are FrUstratiNg. Fun to see us compete with the big boys but frustrating when we lose winnable games. I'm enjoying the ride like it's 1992-1995. Post Magic, pre Shaq and Kobe era. I'm hoping the formula works again in that we have a few lean years, collect talented young players, then strike in free agency when the timing is right. Well, we'll most likely have enough cap space for 2 max players. The way these Baby Lakers are competing, I'm sure free agents will want to play with Lonzo, BI, and Kuz. We'll see...
    KCP has the worst bball IQ in recent lakers history he makes some tough shots on occasion and hustles on defense but at least when Kobe yook bad shots especially in his prime they at least looked good and also did go in sometimes (especially in his prime) ...more than this dude who i wanna strangle. i get Lonzo needs to learn but when kcp is chucking and bricking sit him for Clarkson play them both ....
    Also Lakers have no stars if Ingram was one already ... he gets 8 more Fts last night but its a star league when we had them ...we got BOD on calls.

this has to be worst FT shooting laker team in histoy we shoot even 70% of our FTs in our home arena we win in regulation easily.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 12-19-2017 at 09:41 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    oh and Brook has turned in to shaq at the FT line ...
    ever since those airballs ...so useless.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    KCP has the worst bball IQ in recent lakers history he makes some tough shots on occasion and hustles on defense but at least when Kobe yook bad shots especially in his prime they at least looked good and also did go in sometimes (rspecially in his prime) ...more than this dude who i wanna strangle. i get Lonzo needs to learn but when kcp is chucking and bricking sit him for Clarkson play them both ....
    Also Lakers have no stars if Ingram was one already ... he gets 8 more Fts last night but its a star league when we had them ...we got BOD on calls.

this has to be worst FT shooting laker team in histoy we shoot even 70% of our FTs in our home arena we win in regulation easily.
    Word - KCP makes me want to vomit. I blame Luke for giving him the reigns to shoot at will. Frustrating game to watch because the Dubs were tryna give us the game.

I like the culture we are building. I kind of know what to expect night in night out even though we are too young (seemingly) to take the next step as currently constructed. Our "vets" (Lopez and KCP) are letting us down. I like what Brewer brings though. I hope he sticks around.

Back to Lonzo. Those 7 points in OT are more of what we need from him. He was aggressive and confident. I'm seeing baby steps with him that I like. If we had a closer, we win last night's game going away.

I think what Luke is building has staying power in today's NBA. Just add...free agents - hopefully this summer.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    oh and Brook has turned in to shaq at the FT line ...
    ever since those airballs ...so useless.
    Brook is killing me. On the one hand, being able to stretch the floor as a 5 is great for spacing. But if he's not making them he's useless. And now he can't even shoot freebies. Good grief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Lakers record are actually right where they should be:

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings. None of the teams in the WC has a better standing and worse DIFF when compared to the Lakers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Lakers record are actually right where they should be:

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings. None of the teams in the WC has a better standing and worse DIFF when compared to the Lakers.
    That is partially on youth but also on Luke. Our best lineup should always have Randle in it. But he starts Nance Jr. SMH

Rumor: there is a provision in Randle's contract that says if he starts >9 games, there is a kicker that makes the Lakers have to pay him more. This makes sense financially for them not to start him - and preserve the 2018 cap space dream, but horrible basketball wise. No way Nance should be starting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is partially on youth but also on Luke. Our best lineup should always have Randle in it. But he starts Nance Jr. SMH

Rumor: there is a provision in Randle's contract that says if he starts >9 games, there is a kicker that makes the Lakers have to pay him more. This makes sense financially for them not to start him - and preserve the 2018 cap space dream, but horrible basketball wise. No way Nance should be starting.
    It's just beyond me why there would be any clause that would be this stupid:
    a) whether a player starts or not is not in the control of the player. The coach makes that decision. Other factors like injuries (to other players), and matchups come into play
    b) A player like Ginobili, Harden, McHale, Pierce, and many others played important roles off the bench despite being better than their starter counterparts. They came off the bench to make the team better
    c) The player may think he deserves to start due to the kicker, but the coach may not, leading to dissension in the locker room

So this is essentially an incentive for nothing of significance and can lead to team in-fighting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't think the lakers realise they have a worse record than the nets and 3 more wins than the last placed hawks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why not start Kuzma?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's just beyond me why there would be any clause that would be this stupid:
    a) whether a player starts or not is not in the control of the player. The coach makes that decision. Other factors like injuries (to other players), and matchups come into play
    b) A player like Ginobili, Harden, McHale, Pierce, and many others played important roles off the bench despite being better than their starter counterparts. They came off the bench to make the team better
    c) The player may think he deserves to start due to the kicker, but the coach may not, leading to dissension in the locker room

So this is essentially an incentive for nothing of significance and can lead to team in-fighting.
    Great points. Agreed

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why not start Kuzma?
    Good question. Laker Nation all wanna know. My theory? Nance is a slightly better defender but cannot get his own shot with the 2nd unit. Kuz gives us better balance offensively with his ability to space the floor and his ability to pass (he's an OK passer). Having two bad individual offensive players (Zo and Nance) stalls our offense. It gets worse when Lopez is not making 3s and airballs his freebies. Kuz solves those problems. He's an adequate rebounder, really good shooter, solid finisher, and decent team defender (who needs more PT to reduce rookie mistakes).

We would be further along as a team had Luke continued to start Kuz. With Lopez out 3 weeks, maybe Luke shakes up the lineup. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

FG%: .339

3P%: .275

FT%: .487

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My bad, I got the name wrong:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FG%: .508

3P%: .515

FT%: .836

oh wait... that rookie plays for Boston

17>11

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    FG%: .508

3P%: .515

FT%: .836

oh wait... that rookie plays for Boston

17>11
    That rookie is on a better team. Comparing bigs to guards now are we? Kwame shot better and was a better rebounder than Zeke. Is he better? at your percentages schtick. Let you tell it, Kobe doesn't belong in the HOF. Stats lie, just like Laker hating farmers like you

We'll see who ends up with a better career between Zo and Tatum. Meanwhile:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing bigs to guards now are we?
    A big? And he's leading the league in 3P% at 3 attempts per game.

Ainge playing chess while Aids playing buttsex

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good question. Laker Nation all wanna know. My theory? Nance is a slightly better defender but cannot get his own shot with the 2nd unit. Kuz gives us better balance offensively with his ability to space the floor and his ability to pass (he's an OK passer). Having two bad individual offensive players (Zo and Nance) stalls our offense. It gets worse when Lopez is not making 3s and airballs his freebies. Kuz solves those problems. He's an adequate rebounder, really good shooter, solid finisher, and decent team defender (who needs more PT to reduce rookie mistakes).

We would be further along as a team had Luke continued to start Kuz. With Lopez out 3 weeks, maybe Luke shakes up the lineup. We'll see.
    Saw him play in the PAC12 tournament last year in Vegas and was hoping he'd be the Spurs pick. Kuzma's great at the 4 for todays NBA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A big? And he's leading the league in 3P% at 3 attempts per game.

Ainge playing chess while Aids playing buttsex
    Tatum is nice. I'd rather have Zo AND Kuz, collectively.

Your only hope (of Tatum > Zo) would be that the Lakers don't reload. Given the style of play the Lakers employ (aka the Dubs offense) I don't see why free agents won't want to play with such an unselfish gifted passer and rebounder like Zo. The only issue is him learning what he can and can't do at this level. He's working on his game:

Free agents will want to play with Lonzo. Neal with it son.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Saw him play in the PAC12 tournament last year in Vegas and was hoping he'd be the Spurs pick. Kuzma's great at the 4 for todays NBA.
    Kuz is legit. Nice measurables for today's NBA. I've saw good things defensively vs The Greek Freak, KD and LeHype. No, he's not on their level but I've seen flashes. He's an up and coming young player who I love to see play.

Thread Information