Page 52 of 103 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2572
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Warriors and the Rockets being in a funk and the Spurs nipping at their heels, I expect Pop to purposely start throwing some games to remain at that 3rd spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What were his stats for the game? It sounds like he played up to his potential.
    He got 29 points on a FG percent of 66 percent along with shooting 9/12 from the free throw line. He finished the game with 12 rebounds, 2 steals, and a career high of 7 assists. I loved watching how he demanded the ball in the post on the majority of his possessions. It was like watching Tim or Shaq the way he was forcing the Warriors to double team him on every possession. He did hit 2 mid range jump shots but outside of that all of his points came within 1-3 feet inside the paint. His passing was also great out of the double teams. Every time he was able to find someone open for a jump shot or an easy layup, dunk.

What the game showed me is what I have known for a while is that the Warriors can't guard a big that can play inside the paint with 1 defender. They need to double team. The big man needs to have the discipline to continue to operate inside the paint and look for his opportunities or pass when they are not there like Dwight did tonight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got 29 points on a FG percent of 66 percent along with shooting 9/12 from the free throw line. He finished the game with 12 rebounds, 2 steals, and a career high of 7 assists. I loved watching how he demanded the ball in the post on the majority of his possessions. It was like watching Tim or Shaq the way he was forcing the Warriors to double team him on every possession. He did hit 2 mid range jump shots but outside of that all of his points came within 1-3 feet inside the paint. His passing was also great out of the double teams. Every time he was able to find someone open for a jump shot or an easy layup, dunk.

What the game showed me is what I have known for a while is that the Warriors can't guard a big that can play inside the paint with 1 defender. They need to double team. The big man needs to have the discipline to continue to operate inside the paint and look for his opportunities or pass when they are not there like Dwight did tonight.
    Darn, sounds like he really did play up to his potential. I was interested in getting him as I thought he could dominate inside against the Warriors, but didn't really want him at his current price tag. Looks like he put it all together for this one game.

You think Aldridge is capable of doing anything like that against the Warriors? I've always wanted Aldridge to consistently go inside throughout the game against the Warriors, and try to punish them down low by either forcing double teams or overpowering his defender and scoring on single coverage. It's also why I wanted DeMarcus Cousins, as I thought he could also spend the majority of the game going inside and putting a lot of pressure on their interior defense, with them eventually having to double team him.

I really do think an old-school big with good outside shooters is the way to beat those guys.
    Last edited by Ice009; 12-30-2017 at 03:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darn, sounds like he really did play up to his potential. I was interested in getting him as I thought he could dominate inside against the Warriors, but didn't really want him at his current price tag. Looks like he put it all together for this one game.

You think Aldridge is capable of doing anything like that against the Warriors? I've always wanted Aldridge to consistently go inside throughout the game against the Warriors, and try to punish them down low by either forcing double teams or overpowering his defender and scoring on single coverage. It's also why I wanted DeMarcus Cousins, as I thought he could also spend the majority of the game going inside and putting a lot of pressure on their interior defense, with them eventually having to double team him.

I really do think an old-school big with good outside shooters is the way to beat those guys.
    probably not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If we can play Pau against the Warriors (big IF) then he has been really good at finding LMA when he's sealed his man. 7 foot Pau should be able to lob it over midget green to LMA if they front Aldridge. Pau's offensive value could be huge, but can it offset his defense when the Dubs force Pau in the pick and roll? Unknown. But Pop should try and stay big against the Dubs as long as he can.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Aldridge let's Draymond take his cookie all the time. And in the playoffs, the refs let Draymond get away with much more physical play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like to see LMA mix it up against the Warriors. Draymond can't guard him when he's 3 feet underneath the basket. I have seen it a few times when LMA is that deep on post ups against Draymond it's always a basket or an automatic foul against Draymond. LMA can get those opportunities off of pick and rolls and just by being patient, He also needs to force the positioning before he gets the ball around that area. For this to work the Spurs will need to make a concerted effort to look for him when he's in position to score.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like to see LMA mix it up against the Warriors. Draymond can't guard him when he's 3 feet underneath the basket. I have seen it a few times when LMA is that deep on post ups against Draymond it's always a basket or an automatic foul against Draymond. LMA can get those opportunities off of pick and rolls and just by being patient, He also needs to force the positioning before he gets the ball around that area. For this to work the Spurs will need to make a concerted effort to look for him when he's in position to score.
    Absolutely. Hopefully he brings full effort and some "nasty", should they get the chance to face the Warriors in the playoffs.
    No matter what Kawhi is doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Warriors and the Rockets being in a funk and the Spurs nipping at their heels, I expect Pop to purposely start throwing some games to remain at that 3rd spot.

Rudy getting injured.
    Danny hobbling and Pop's injury management schedules will not help.
    Prepare for microcombos. Spurs about to go microball.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dwight actually has a spin dribble move and some other face-up dribble skills. Aldridge tries to go one way or shoot a fadeaway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker has now scored double figures in 930 career games. Only two point guards in NBA history with more: Gary Payton (1,035) and John Stockton (1,061)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good luck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Warriors are shoping Javale McGee too. Reportedly the Bucks have interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

God damn, Bucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With the voodoo the Warriors use, the Bucks will trade Giannis for McGee straight up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the fourth game this season the Spurs will have their preferred starting five available. They are 1-2 in previous three such games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the voodoo the Warriors use, the Bucks will trade Giannis for McGee straight up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle playing well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I refuse to have my game thread ruined by a team coached by Ron Jeremy.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    My goodness Draymond Green has the discipline of a 2 year old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker has now scored double figures in 930 career games. Only two point guards in NBA history with more: Gary Payton (1,035) and John Stockton (1,061)
    Great company, tbh... both bags.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great company, tbh... both bags.
    If only spurs had stockton. Robinson would have rang multiple times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry misses nearly a month with ankle sprain and he is putting up 35 in 23 minutes on his first game back..This is difference between these guys and Kawhi..they are more naturally talented than him and can get back in the swing of things much more fastly than someone who needs to hone his rhythm and habits over time..

Thread Information