Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2572
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    cp3 with 11 points, 10 assists, 3 steals in 23 minutes so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fractured rib and he is back after a couple weeks even with the Warriors locked into 2nd seed..

And i fully expect all of Curry, Butler, Kyrie and Hayward to be on court before we ever see Kawhi again on it .

Pozingis might beat him to it next year..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter what the front office tells Jordan. You don't understand how it works down here in Charlotte. Jordan has a history of overruling the front office when it comes to free agency signings, draft choices, trades. Jordan always makes the final decision and if he disagrees with you he doesn't give a about what you have to say. Jordan feels he can get an all-star for Kemba and nothing will change his mind even if it doesn't come to fruition.

The Hornets would not receive any backlash locally if they didn't re-sign Kemba. The local media down here actually wants the Hornets to gut this current team and rebuild. Nobody believes it worth it to continue with things the way they are. Kemba doesn't have any leverage in this situation because the Hornets have been pretty mediocre during the time he's been here. There is really no pressure to keep him because the feeling down here is the hornets suck with Kemba and they will suck without him so what's the point of keeping him. Also the Hornets home attendance is pretty bad it's ranked 26th in the league so I can't see any fan backlash if the Hornet's don't keep Kemba.

Personally I don't think Kemba want's to leave Charlotte. He likes the city and he like's being the number 1 guy. It's like a LMA type of deal for him. Sure he would like to win more games but it doesn't really bother him since he's the number 1 guy on the Hornets. He's not going to get the opportunity to be the man on any other team.
    That's nice. Jordan doesn't get to determine the league wide value of his players. The reality is, no one is giving up an All-Star for Walker.

If the Hornets lost Walker for nothing, how could the fan base not revolt? They'd also get killed league wide for their inep ude. It doesn't matter how mediocre they've been with Walker; that speaks to their inep ude more so than it does him and has no bearing on who has the leverage. He's the piece that enables them to start a re-build because they can not only attach a bloated contract to him, but get a few solid young assets in return.

I don't think he does either, but he is getting to the point in his career where its time to win. They're going to continue to be a fringe playoff team, so the only way he re-signs, is if they overpay him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's nice. Jordan doesn't get to determine the league wide value of his players. The reality is, no one is giving up an All-Star for Walker.

If the Hornets lost Walker for nothing, how could the fan base not revolt? They'd also get killed league wide for their inep ude. It doesn't matter how mediocre they've been with Walker; that speaks to their inep ude more so than it does him and has no bearing on who has the leverage. He's the piece that enables them to start a re-build because they can not only attach a bloated contract to him, but get a few solid young assets in return.

I don't think he does either, but he is getting to the point in his career where its time to win. They're going to continue to be a fringe playoff team, so the only way he re-signs, is if they overpay him.
    Again you don't live in Charlotte and you don't know the culture down here. People don't give a about the Hornets down here and the fans I do know down here want the team to be completely gutted. at a fan backlash coming from a team that wins 30 games a year. How can you have fan backlash when your team is near dead last in home attendance? It's pretty bad down here in Charlotte it's so bad the Hornets have sent me free tickets in the mail to a few games. Jordan has been called inept for years and he simply does not give a what people think. Like I said before once he makes a decision he never changes his mind hence the Hornets making some questionably bad draft picks, trades, signings. Jordan feels he can get an all-star for Kemba and his mind is not going to change about that. Jordan has been called inept for years so I don't see how he's concerned about being labeled inept.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again you don't live in Charlotte and you don't know the culture down here. People don't give a about the Hornets down here and the fans I do know down here want the team to be completely gutted. at a fan backlash coming from a team that wins 30 games a year. How can you have fan backlash when your team is near dead last in home attendance? It's pretty bad down here in Charlotte it's so bad the Hornets have sent me free tickets in the mail to a few games. Jordan has been called inept for years and he simply does not give a what people think. Like I said before once he makes a decision he never changes his mind hence the Hornets making some questionably bad draft picks, trades, signings. Jordan feels he can get an all-star for Kemba and his mind is not going to change about that. Jordan has been called inept for years so I don't see how he's concerned about being labeled inept.
    You don't know where I live and wanting the team to be gutted and being okay with losing the closest thing you have to a franchise player for nothing are two completely different things (and again, turning the latter into assets/flexibility is a means to the former). I understand many are apathetic, but the one thing most likely to turn off many of the remaining fans, is losing arguably the most popular player in franchise history for nothing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't know where I live and wanting the team to be gutted and being okay with losing the closest thing you have to a franchise player for nothing are two completely different things (and again, turning the latter into assets/flexibility is a means to the former). I understand many are apathetic, but the one thing most likely to turn off many of the remaining fans, is losing arguably the most popular player in franchise history for nothing.
    Well I do know you don't live in Charlotte with that crazy statement. Kemba is not even close to being the most popular Hornet in franchise history. The most popular hornets are Larry Johnson, Mugsy Bogues, Alonzo Mourning are probably in a 3 way tie followed by Glen Rice, Vlade Divac, Baron Davis. I grew up in NC and have lived in Charlotte for the last 10 years. I have followed the Hornets for over 20 years just as long as I have followed the Spurs. I know the history of the franchise culture just as well as the Spurs.

They are a lot of people down here who are frustrated because the Hornets haven't had a legit all-star-superstar player in years like they did when they had Alonzo, Larry Johnson, Rice and then followed by Baron Davis. Growing up they were a lot of tears and pain among the fan base when the Hornets traded Alonzo,Larry,Rice because people felt they lost a legit superstar capable of helping the team win at a high level since those guys did produce 50 win seasons along with some playoff success.unlike Kemba. Trust me there will be no tears down here if Kemba gets traded or walks away. The city won't even blink an eye if Kemba walks or gets traded since Cam Newton and Panthers get all the attention now down here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I do know you don't live in Charlotte with that crazy statement. Kemba is not even close to being the most popular Hornet in franchise history. The most popular hornets are Larry Johnson, Mugsy Bogues, Alonzo Mourning are probably in a 3 way tie followed by Glen Rice, Vlade Divac, Baron Davis. I grew up in NC and have lived in Charlotte for the last 10 years. I have followed the Hornets for over 20 years just as long as I have followed the Spurs. I know the history of the franchise culture just as well as the Spurs.

They are a lot of people down here who are frustrated because the Hornets haven't had a legit all-star-superstar player in years like they did when they had Alonzo, Larry Johnson, Rice and then followed by Baron Davis. Growing up they were a lot of tears and pain among the fan base when the Hornets traded Alonzo,Larry,Rice because people felt they lost a legit superstar capable of helping the team win at a high level since those guys did produce 50 win seasons along with some playoff success.unlike Kemba. Trust me there will be no tears down here if Kemba gets traded or walks away. The city won't even blink an eye if Kemba walks or gets traded since Cam Newton and Panthers get all the attention now down here.
    I meant the second iteration, genius. Those other players were technically part of another franchise and only Mourning got close to being a superstar, which didn't occur until the late 90s/early 00s, with the Heat. No less an authority than a media member who covers the team referred to Walker as arguably the most popular player in franchise history.

You're delusional if you don't think any franchise in sports wouldn't receive backlash for losing their best asset for nothing. This is especially true when they know he only re-signs if they overpay, so they couldn't even pretend to be surprised.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant the second iteration, genius. Those other players were technically part of another franchise and only Mourning got close to being a superstar, which didn't occur until the late 90s/early 00s, with the Heat. No less an authority than a media member who covers the team referred to Walker as arguably the most popular player in franchise history.

You're delusional if you don't think any franchise in sports wouldn't receive backlash for losing their best asset for nothing. This is especially true when they know he only re-signs if they overpay, so they couldn't even pretend to be surprised.
    Reading comprehension is your friend buddy noticed how I said all-star-superstar player which is implying either or. Glen Rice was the second best SF in the league in '97 after Grant Hill same and Larry Johnson was the third best PF in the league back in 93 after Barkley and Malone. Back then if your were top 3 player at your position you were considering a superstar. In Rice and Larry's case they weren't superstars for a long period of time but for a brief period. Those guys have had a lot more success than Kemba ever has had at his position. Also Mourning's number were exactly the same in Charlotte as they were in Miami. So he wasn't a superstar in Charlotte but was one in Miami despite having identical numbers. That to me is sketch logic right there.

You are also trying to move the goal post with the second iteration bs. The Hornets don't go by the second iteration bs when it comes to their current franchise history. Did you know when they got the Hornet name back that they also got back the franchise history of the first iteration prior to the move. It's the reason why they are hyping up Kemba being on the verge of breaking Dell Curry's franchise leading record for all time points. You do know Dell got that record on the first iteration of the Hornets. If you ask a fan on the streets of Charlotte who is the the most popular Hornet of all time they are not going to say "Well I would say Alonzo was the most popular one on the first iteration while Kemba is the most popular one on the second iteration. Goes to show you how stupid your logic is here. You were proven wrong here but can't admit so you had to come up with some random bs to cover your ass.

I think you are delusional to believe that there would be a backlash for letting a player walk whose lead the Hornets to multiple lottery appearances long with only two first round exits during his time with the franchise. Fans care about winning if the team is not winning they are not going to be into the players. Kemba is a replaceable player so there won't be much commotion about him leaving since attendance already sucks anyways. Hornets are ranked 26th in attendance that to me is a clear indicator that people don't give a about this team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading comprehension is your friend buddy noticed how I said all-star-superstar player which is implying either or. Glen Rice was the second best SF in the league in '97 after Grant Hill same and Larry Johnson was the third best PF in the league back in 93 after Barkley and Malone. Back then if your were top 3 player at your position you were considering a superstar. In Rice and Larry's case they weren't superstars for a long period of time but for a brief period. Those guys have had a lot more success than Kemba ever has had at his position. Also Mourning's number were exactly the same in Charlotte as they were in Miami. So he wasn't a superstar in Charlotte but was one in Miami despite having identical numbers. That to me is sketch logic right there.

You are also trying to move the goal post with the second iteration bs. The Hornets don't go by the second iteration bs when it comes to their current franchise history. Did you know when they got the Hornet name back that they also got back the franchise history of the first iteration prior to the move. It's the reason why they are hyping up Kemba being on the verge of breaking Dell Curry's franchise leading record for all time points. You do know Dell got that record on the first iteration of the Hornets. If you ask a fan on the streets of Charlotte who is the the most popular Hornet of all time they are not going to say "Well I would say Alonzo was the most popular one on the first iteration while Kemba is the most popular one on the second iteration. Goes to show you how stupid your logic is here. You were proven wrong here but can't admit so you had to come up with some random bs to cover your ass.

I think you are delusional to believe that there would be a backlash for letting a player walk whose lead the Hornets to multiple lottery appearances long with only two first round exits during his time with the franchise. Fans care about winning if the team is not winning they are not going to be into the players. Kemba is a replaceable player so there won't be much commotion about him leaving since attendance already sucks anyways. Hornets are ranked 26th in attendance that to me is a clear indicator that people don't give a about this team.
    At lumping All-Star and superstar together as one and utilizing traditional stats, without context, in '18 to determine status.

Nah, whether you believe it or not, that's honestly how I meant it initially. I actually did know that, but no matter how much they want to connect them, it's still two difference franchises.

I think you've exposed the fact that you don't know how professional sports work and considering Walker is the best player they've had, at least over an extended period, since they got a team again in '04, evidently players of his caliber haven't been nearly as easy to attain or replace as you claim.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Fractured rib and he is back after a couple weeks even with the Warriors locked into 2nd seed..

And i fully expect all of Curry, Butler, Kyrie and Hayward to be on court before we ever see Kawhi again on it .

Pozingis might beat him to it next year..
    The tanking Knicks didn't even need Porzingis to take down the Washington Wizards yet the Spurs spent most of the game chasing shadows while getting buried. Pop was thoroughly out coached by Brooks ( sound familiar?) and the players looked like deer in headlights after LMA went down. This is what loyalty and culture buys you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At lumping All-Star and superstar together as one and utilizing traditional stats, without context, in '18 to determine status.

Nah, whether you believe it or not, that's honestly how I meant it initially. I actually did know that, but no matter how much they want to connect them, it's still two difference franchises.

I think you've exposed the fact that you don't know how professional sports work and considering Walker is the best player they've had, at least over an extended period, since they got a team again in '04, evidently players of his caliber haven't been nearly as easy to attain or replace as you claim.
    Sure you did. Anyways Kemba being the best player the Hornets have had since '04 shows you how bad this franchise has been run. On a good team Kemba would be a third or fourth option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tanking Knicks didn't even need Porzingis to take down the Washington Wizards yet the Spurs spent most of the game chasing shadows while getting buried. Pop was thoroughly out coached by Brooks ( sound familiar?) and the players looked like deer in headlights after LMA went down. This is what loyalty and culture buys you.
    beasley kanter mudiay burke hardaway are better than most of the "support roster" of Kawhi and Aldridge

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    beasley kanter mudiay burke hardaway are better than most of the "support roster" of Kawhi and Aldridge
    I'm not drinking the koolaid. The only player on that list better than the Spurs' supporting cast is Hardaway. Mudlay was benched btw. And even they are better, which they aren't, they aren't 25 points better which is about where the Spurs were hovering most of the night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not drinking the koolaid. The only player on that list better than the Spurs' supporting cast is Hardaway. Mudlay was benched btw. And even they are better, which they aren't, they aren't 25 points better which is about where the Spurs were hovering most of the night.
    I really like Beasley, and Burke seems to be another player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Burke just put up 40 didn't he? Never saw Mills, Forbes, or Fathead do that. Beasley is also better than any big on the Spurs not named LMA despite whatever anyone thinks about his at ude.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mudiay makes Mills look like Chris Paul, tbh he might be the worst PG in the NBA, his TS% with NY is like 42%, which is abhorrent..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mudiay does suck. I'd take anyone else on the Knicks roster over that bum.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I really like Beasley, and Burke seems to be another player.
    Beasley is a net negative player across the board (Gay is better) and Burke would be an average player on a contender. Point being even if you believe these players are better than the Spurs supporting cast, nobody can convince me that they're 25 points better which is where the Spurs spent the majority of the second half vs the Wizards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston vs Utah, great game

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Wow, Memphis actually beat Portland now if Boston can pull it out it will be a good night for the Spurs

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    holy Jaylen Brown

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stevens is the best coach in the league and it isn't even close, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the most boring season ever.

- No real superstar putting up crazy numbers except for Harde who is the worst superstar to watch
    - Poop being an asshole
    - Kawhi being an easily manipulated beta
    - Boring spurs players
    - This year wins the worst regular season award for me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the most boring season ever.

- No real superstar putting up crazy numbers except for Harde who is the worst superstar to watch
    - Poop being an asshole
    - Kawhi being an easily manipulated beta
    - Boring spurs players
    - This year wins the worst regular season award for me.
    Do you believe his uncle is manipulating him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stevens is the best coach in the league and it isn't even close, tbh..
    I’d rather here his thoughts on his white privilege and Trump.

Thread Information