Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's considered one of the league's elite two-way players. Leonard is eligible for a five-year, $217 million super max contract extension this summer with the Spurs. He could become a free agent in the summer of 2019.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is this shocking? We’ve known this for a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only part that stood out to me.

"It's the same as a player who is the 13th man sitting on the end of the bench," Popovich said. "The more you're participating, the more you feel like you're a part of the deal. But anybody who's injured, sitting on the bench or not playing, feels a little bit different, of course. That's just human nature. He's a nice guy. I love the kid. What am I gonna do? Sometimes he wants to rehab in the room, getting stronger; use the time wisely instead of watching us out there."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should probably make him earn the super max again by not signing him to the super max this summer. If he plays on an all star level next year, he’ll likely qualify for the super max and then you offer it. If he refuses at that point, then he’s taking a big pay cut to go elsewhere.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is this shocking? We’ve known this for a long time.
    Eye popping; not necessarily shocking. Turning down $42.7 mil a season? Hard to imagine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Pop says of Kawhi:

"He's a nice guy. I love the kid."
    Can you imagine Pop saying that about any player he respects?

Can you imagine Pop saying "Tim's a nice guy."

Can you imagine Pop saying "Manu's a nice guy. I love the kid."

Pop is acting like he's through with this "nice guy." He's overtly dismissing and disrespecting Kawhi with a smirk.

Pop is probably frustrated as at this point and he's needling Kawhi figuring (correctly) that it's a freebie because Kawhi likely won't pick up on it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Pop says of Kawhi:

Pop is acting like he's through with this "nice guy." He's overtly dismissing and disrespecting Kawhi with a smirk.

Pop is probably frustrated as at this point and he's needling Kawhi figuring (correctly) that it's a freebie because Kawhi likely won't pick up on it.
    Agreed being called a nice guy is always a sign of disrespect. When a girl calls you a nice guy it means she thinks you are a scrub. When your peers or boss calls you a nice guy it means you are a weak push over.

Sarah Palin is a Maverick freemeat's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The deal is that he needs to be cleared by his own doctors before returning to the court. Out of all the crap being reported, all sides have openly stated this, so we know it's true.

If his doctors are in NY, it only makes sense that he would spend some time there with them before coming back to the lineup. Clearly, whatever rehab work those doctors have given him can be performed in any location. (If not, he'd have never left NY.) I have a feeling he's working out and going through tests in order to be cleared. This latest trip is probably exactly what we've been waiting for. I take it as a sign of a looming return. Maybe they don't clear him, but it's pretty obvious this trip will have to happen before he's good to go. If it doesn't happen this trip, expect another one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The deal is that he needs to be cleared by his own doctors before returning to the court. Out of all the crap being reported, all sides have openly stated this, so we know it's true.

If his doctors are in NY, it only makes sense that he would spend some time there with them before coming back to the lineup. Clearly, whatever rehab work those doctors have given him can be performed in any location. (If not, he'd have never left NY.) I have a feeling he's working out and going through tests in order to be cleared. This latest trip is probably exactly what we've been waiting for. I take it as a sign of a looming return. Maybe they don't clear him, but it's pretty obvious this trip will have to happen before he's good to go. If it doesn't happen this trip, expect another one.
    This is what Jabark Young is tweeting too. His posts make a lot of sense as well as this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Pop says of Kawhi:

He used to love saying that George Hill was his favorite Spur...and then he traded his ass...for Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes indeed! It would be a good thing if he was cleared and the natural next step!
    This is what Jabark Young is tweeting too. His posts make a lot of sense as well as this one.
    Yes Jabari is saying the same thing 'he's going to be cleared to play.' Hopefully he is!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we signed him to a supermax deal what would stop him from sitting out a entire season if he gets another injury? Guys like Paul George have come back in a much less time frame for a much more serious injury including Parker. I don't think he will play another game with the Spurs, if he doesn't come back this season I think hes going to get traded.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is what I thought. Good news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For what it's worth . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs offer Kawhi the SuperMax, he signs and everyone finds out he has a career threatening injury, is the 200+mill still guaranteed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Pop says of Kawhi:

I kind of thought something was odd about Pop's comments, but didn't realize quite what it was until I read your post. Good call!

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he'll come back in the first round. But yeah, he needs to stop with all this drama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    False hope is still hope
    Maybe Kawhi returns this season.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Pop is going to run LMA into the ground while he plays footsies with Uncle Leonard?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be awesome of he catches a flight tonight and suits up tomorrow. Talk about a prime time game, Kawhi back, Houston, Easter Sunday, Final Four in town. Oh well gonna enjoy it regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Man, I hope that's the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don't have to go this deep into the rabbit hole, to make sense of this. Of course he wants to play, he loses money on reputation by not playing. Not to mention, he'd get the supermax even with both his legs broken. Playing doesn't hurt him in any way, assuming he can play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice thread OP..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be the final clearance or ot could be kl getting ready to sue the spurs

Thread Information