Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should have made Mills lose weight before signing that deal. I remember when the 2013-14 season started I didn't even recognize him since he was in such great shape. Ever since he has gone back to being fat again. He's not fooling anyone with that beard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recall saying before free agency started "I pity the fool that signs Patty Mills." Unfortunately, it was the Spurs that signed him, and not only did they sign him, they signed him for a boatload of cash .

I didn't really want him back at all, not unless it was for dirt cheap contract that could easily be traded.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TimDunkem spursistan TheDoctor which one of y'all posted those Fatty Mills summer pics?
    2014 vs 2017
    Guy w/ the camera was afraid of getting hit with one of those buttons tbh.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 vs 2017
    LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should have made Mills lose weight before signing that deal. I remember when the 2013-14 season started I didn't even recognize him since he was in such great shape. Ever since he has gone back to being fat again. He's not fooling anyone with that beard.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ������
    Holy , that's how my shirts look sometimes & i also have a beard.. this is exactly why i have it too, draws attention away from the stomach lol

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You can bet your ass Kawhi is watching this very closely. Teams could even be calling him now on the down low. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a call from someone with the Lakers or Clippers after tonight's game saying they will wait for him if he wants to come when he's a free agent.
    Jerry West be like...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerry West be like...

You know, it would be pretty cool if Jerry West did call him and they were having a casual conversation while watching the game, just talking Basketball and shooting the breeze.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fatty got complacent. Pop needs to go 2013 on him again...

“He was a little fat ass. He had too much junk in the trunk. His decision making wasn’t great, and he wasn’t in great shape...”

Popovich used to call Mills "Fatty Patty"

"Pop doesn't have a lot of great things to say, but when he does you take i
    t."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can bet your ass Kawhi is watching this very closely. Teams could even be calling him now on the down low. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a call from someone with the Lakers or Clippers after tonight's game, telling him they will wait for him if he wants to come over when he's a free agent.
    Wouldn't that be illegal?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 vs 2017
    Damn

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't that be illegal?
    Of course it would, but how would they find out? I'd assume teams do this quite often in today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 vs 2017
    Looks like Patty was on the patty melt diet plan all off-season.

Seriously though, that is not muscle and - even if it was - why bulk up so much if one of your few great attributes is speed? He's noticeably slower this year, and it's really hurting his ability to beat people to the rim, get separation on his jumpers, and is making his already poor defense even worse.

50 million for this? smh PATFO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing but shrimps and snags (Australian slang for sausage) on the barbie after that contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should’ve gave that money to Simmons + another role player, but nope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew this would happen to Patty. He went from being a bargain to being overpaid when he signed that 50 mill contract. With such a salary he opened himself up to criticism and he was never gonna live up to the pay rise.

He's worse across the board on all areas than last year (haven't looked at stats, Just the eye test) yet we are paying him 12.5 million this season where last year he was getting about 3 mill?

Loved and appropriately paid, to overpaid and now fans are getting pissed, Just like that. What a contract. After Patty signed that deal so many good point guards signed tiny deals. 50 million etc were they thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically went from earning Matt Bonner like money and now he is earning Tony Parker like money. And the production was never going to match the increase in pay.

It's a smallish contract in the NBA world. Yet with this contract he instantly became one of the few top earning sportsman in Australia. He's just not worth it like he once was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the fluffers have been been pointing at the gaudy record to justify the moves (or lack thereof)/contracts this offseason and the infallibility of PATFO

There's no reason Gasol and 50 Mills should be making $100 million between them. this .
    lol'd at 50 mills, great nickname

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count

50 MILL$ moves up two spots

63/66... Can't that PATFO suckers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes always been mediocre at best

ty defense, too small and too clumsy of a passer and handler

Anhe hes a terrible contested shooter

ing Jamal Crawford is miles better than Mills and hes like 40 years old

Stupidest contract in spurs history

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it would, but how would they find out? I'd assume teams do this quite often in today's NBA.
    True

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Great job by PATFO fleecing Patty into sacrificing money" - Dex

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's worse than Fultz, who has a bum shoulder. Can't you count clown?
    Obviously you dont watch either player. Or look at ALL of the numbers. Watching you and your alt post is worse than mills or fultz. Next

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Pau is movable at this point; as for for Mills, it is going to take a first rd round pick to salary dump his ass..
    Toronto and Minnesota had tryed to get Gasol so I don't think that he would be impossible to move.

I don't see Mills needing to have a 1st attached. He's played poorly to start but his track record as an elite shooter still makes him valuable even though he's overpaid. I could see them holding onto him for the remainder of this season and seeing where the market stands in the offseason
    Last edited by cd021; 10-28-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto and Minnesota have been trying to get Gasol so I don't think that he would be impossible to move.

I don't see Mills needing to have a 1st attached. He's played poorly to start but his track record as an elite shooter still makes him valuable even though he's overpaid. I could see them holding onto him for the remainder of this season and seeing where the market stands in the offseason
    Fine trade for ibaka

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto and Minnesota have been trying to get Gasol so I don't think that he would be impossible to move.

That was in the '16 off season, before Raptors added Ibaka and Timberwolves added Gibson. Also, Raptors are near the tax and already have 3.5 rotation caliber C's .

Timberwolves might be interested in Gasol for Dieng. His 4/$64M extension kicked in this season and he went from starter to exclusively backing up Towns. Also, they'll eventually have a bloated payroll and have Patton, who projects as similar, in the pipeline.

Don't like Dieng's contract, but I'd do it. They're otherwise stuck with Gasol's, don't have flexibility in the meantime anyway and could use a prime starting caliber C. His game would also be a solid fit and it would be easier to start Gay and insert Bertans into the rotation.

Thread Information