Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Played it for a bit at a friends house and wow..

Easily one of the best plafformers I have ever played. There some obvious issues that makez it hard for an objective player to call it a 10/10, but man its one of the most fun games fun games out there.

Mario and Cuphead...

Playstation obviously has thr best collection of games but time to throw away knack back into the garbage bin where it belongs.

Platformers are getting popular again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Played it for a bit at a friends house and wow..

Easily one of the best plafformers I have ever played. There some obvious issues that makez it hard for an objective player to call it a 10/10, but man its one of the most fun games fun games out there.

Mario and Cuphead...

Playstation obviously has thr best collection of games but time to throw away knack back into the garbage bin where it belongs.

Platformers are getting popular again.
    Played the demo at best buy for a few minutes. It was quite impressive. It has so many little cool things / details going on.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man it looks amazing but I can't stomach the thought of spending $300 for a Switch to play one fifteen hour game. If the Switch comes with a strong lineup of exclusives for 2018 I might get one then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    35 years old
    getting excited for Super Mario
    Spyro
    Ratchet and Clank
    man child

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Who the owns a switch?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the owns a switch?
    I hate being an early adopter on a console when the hardware is expensive and the game selection is sparse. Though I admit I probably would have bought after the release of Super Mario Odyssey if I thought Zelda Breath of the Wild was anywhere as close to as good as it's hyped up to be (I'm currently playing it on the Cemu emulator and it's a 7/10 at best IMO). But with Zelda not being the game it's hyped up to be I can't buy the console just for Mario. The only hardware that makes sense to buy in the first year is for PC since you have a huge game library and since the best year for any GPU is the first one it's out. CPU and other components are a little more forgiving though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    35 years old
    getting excited for Super Mario
    Spyro
    Ratchet and Clank
    man child

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

Really though...It's a fun game. Who cares how old you are?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate being an early adopter on a console when the hardware is expensive and the game selection is sparse. Though I admit I probably would have bought after the release of Super Mario Odyssey if I thought Zelda Breath of the Wild was anywhere as close to as good as it's hyped up to be (I'm currently playing it on the Cemu emulator and it's a 7/10 at best IMO). But with Zelda not being the game it's hyped up to be I can't buy the console just for Mario. The only hardware that makes sense to buy in the first year is for PC since you have a huge game library and since the best year for any GPU is the first one it's out. CPU and other components are a little more forgiving though.
    What don't you like about Zelda imo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What don't you like about Zelda imo?
    I love the climbing, it's probably the best game I have ever played when it comes to exploration. But the combat is pretty boring and they shouldn't have replaced the big dungeons with all those shrines. There is a lot really amazing about BOTW but the game feels unfinished to me without the dungeons and with the lackluster combat. There is no great score like I have come to expect from Zelda games either. It's the most overrated game since GTA IV, though unlike GTA IV, I still think it's a good game. It's just not a 10/10 IMO, or anywhere close to that level. The enemy variety is nonexistent (really, fighting the same guardian in all the combat shrines?) and they went way overboard with the Assassins Creed-esque collectibles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BOTW feels like it has the same kind of combat I'd get out of an N64 game. I don't see how it completely overshadowed Horizon Zero Dawn, which had a much more interesting combat system and superior story, though wasn't nearly as good for exploration (though still awesome on that front).

BOTW is a really unique game, but feels unfinished to me. Of the six Zelda games I have played, I'd probably rank it fifth:

1. A Link to the Past
    2. Ocarina of Time
    3. Zelda 1
    4. Zelda 2
    5. BOTW
    6. Twilight Princess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow anyone local looking for a Switch, if you buy one from one of the HEB Plus on Black Friday you get one game free.

https://images.heb.com/is/image/HEBG...-Friday-2017-3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the climbing, it's probably the best game I have ever played when it comes to exploration. But the combat is pretty boring and they shouldn't have replaced the big dungeons with all those shrines. There is a lot really amazing about BOTW but the game feels unfinished to me without the dungeons and with the lackluster combat. There is no great score like I have come to expect from Zelda games either. It's the most overrated game since GTA IV, though unlike GTA IV, I still think it's a good game. It's just not a 10/10 IMO, or anywhere close to that level. The enemy variety is nonexistent (really, fighting the same guardian in all the combat shrines?) and they went way overboard with the Assassins Creed-esque collectibles.
    I don't think it's overrated...well, in a sense to some people out there and their craze with the game, it is in that regard. But they needed something different after the fest that was Skyward Sword and the staleness of Ocarina of Time 2, er, Twilight Princess. I thought I would miss the dungeons too but I didn't mind the shrines. It had the puzzles that you could solve any way you want, which I liked. The combat shrines did get boring after you powered up your slate and had more powerful weapons but they were fun at first.

But honestly, I think the best part of the game is master mode and starting out on the plateau. That was truly difficult and made the game ultra fun to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. A Link to the Past
    2. Ocarina of Time
    3. Zelda 1
    4. Zelda 2
    5. BOTW
    6. Twilight Princess
    Mine is

1. Ocarina
    2. BOTW
    3. ALttP
    4. Majora's Mask
    5. Wind Waker
    6. Zelda 1
    7. Twilight Princess

999999. Skyward Sword

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's overrated...well, in a sense to some people out there and their craze with the game, it is in that regard. But they needed something different after the fest that was Skyward Sword and the staleness of Ocarina of Time 2, er, Twilight Princess. I thought I would miss the dungeons too but I didn't mind the shrines. It had the puzzles that you could solve any way you want, which I liked. The combat shrines did get boring after you powered up your slate and had more powerful weapons but they were fun at first.

But honestly, I think the best part of the game is master mode and starting out on the plateau. That was truly difficult and made the game ultra fun to me.
    I don't know man, if something gets 10/10 on every review it's gotta be something completely mindblowing IMO. If it was getting 9 to 9.5 like most really good games get I wouldn't have too much a problem with the hype, but at 10/10 everywhere I was expecting more. I can only think of eight games I would ever rate 10/10 (A Link to the Past is one of them). I just avoid combat in BOTW since it's the same seven or eight enemies in the part of the map I have unlocked (I think I'm only missing one, maybe two towers) and it gets boring. The only enemies I enjoy fighting are those ancient machines with the laser eye where you have to time your shield parry or get your shield destroyed and/or get killed. I forgot what those are called even though I remember them all the way back to A Link to the Past.

The exploration is there but I just feel the combat isn't, and they both have to be great for me to call a game 10/10 (eg like in Bloodborne).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah man, did you ever get Hestu's Gift jeebus?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know man, if something gets 10/10 on every review it's gotta be something completely mindblowing IMO. If it was getting 9 to 9.5 like most really good games get I wouldn't have too much a problem with the hype, but at 10/10 everywhere I was expecting more. I can only think of eight games I would ever rate 10/10 (A Link to the Past is one of them). I just avoid combat in BOTW since it's the same seven or eight enemies in the part of the map I have unlocked (I think I'm only missing one, maybe two towers) and it gets boring. The only enemies I enjoy fighting are those ancient machines with the laser eye where you have to time your shield parry or get your shield destroyed and/or get killed. I forgot what those are called even though I remember them all the way back to A Link to the Past.

The exploration is there but I just feel the combat isn't, and they both have to be great for me to call a game 10/10 (eg like in Bloodborne).
    The enemy list is a bit small, I'll agree with that. The lynels are fun to attack because there's like 3 or so types of them...like one is an archer, one has a sword club thingy, one has this massive in claymore thing. And I still suck at trying to kill them. The gold enemies in master mode still me up from time to time if they gang up on me. And you're talking about the guardian stalkers. Yeah, I had no idea how to kill them at first. Threw like 50000 bombs at that one in the ruins Have you gone to the castle yet? That place is pretty much one big dungeon full of guardians and is pretty much a maze. One of the best areas of the game imo.

And nope. that hestu's gift. I think the most seeds I've gotten is around 200 and that's just because I wanted to expand my inventory some more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still dont get concept of the handheld-like controls.

Nintendo just needs to stop the gimmicks and just make proper controllers for their system.

My brother has a Wii and I never got used to the stick controllers. Pathetic. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still dont get concept of the handheld-like controls.

Nintendo just needs to stop the gimmicks and just make proper controllers for their system.

My brother has a Wii and I never got used to the stick controllers. Pathetic. lol
    They knew what they were doing with that . The stick controller was great on the motion sensing games. But I'm sure they calculated how many people would then have to buy the "regular" controller for other games.
    But yeah...lol at having to turn the stick sideways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They knew what they were doing with that . The stick controller was great on the motion sensing games. But I'm sure they calculated how many people would then have to buy the "regular" controller for other games.
    But yeah...lol at having to turn the stick sideways.
    Yeah and that regular controller is $70. Nintendo can off with their motion controls. Having to use them on some of the shrine puzzles in Zelda BOTW is so ing annoying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and that regular controller is $70. Nintendo can off with their motion controls. Having to use them on some of the shrine puzzles in Zelda BOTW is so ing annoying.
    You should go in guns blazing at Nintendo w/ your hatred for BOTW tbh

(the above is a joke if the NSA etc. is reading)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Odyssey is a legit 9-10/10 game. I just played it again. Must own for all switch onwers. Better than BOTW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Odyssey is a legit 9-10/10 game. I just played it again. Must own for all switch onwers. Better than BOTW

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How does it stack up against Ratchet and Clank though tbh?

Thread Information