Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbf LMA got fouled on a missed shot then immediately tipped it back in. I don't think the foul call was made on the tip-in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just happened on the Kyle tip in.

They waived it off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just happened on the Kyle tip in.

They waived it off.
    As they should have. Dude didn't even have the ball when he was fouled.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like this gather rule. It's slowing the game down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As they should have. Dude didn't even have the ball when he was fouled.
    If he's jumping while getting held and tips it in, it should be and 1. There is a moment when it all part of the same play.

This is heading towards the catch / no catch / football move NFL nonsense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's jumping while getting held and tips it in, it should be and 1. There is a moment when it all part of the same play.

This is heading towards the catch / no catch / football move NFL nonsense.
    Nah. He was being fouled then jumped. I don't think it would have even been continuation last year.

The continuation rule has always been stupid. I don't disagree that the specific emphasis on wording with this seems overly technical, but it's a move for the better to reduce the number of FTs shot during games. It's gotten way out of hand with Harden and Kawhi last playoffs.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. He was being fouled then jumped. I don't think it would have even been continuation last year.

The continuation rule has always been stupid. I don't disagree that the specific emphasis on wording with this seems overly technical, but it's a move for the better to reduce the number of FTs shot during games. It's gotten way out of hand with Harden and Kawhi last playoffs.
    That's a clear and-1 last year got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nah, a play like Kyle's has always been an and-one, and rightfully so. The ref even signaled to count the basket. The other ref came over and told him to waive it off.

But your proving my original point. Just because Harden started this on the perimeter / going to the whole, and took it way too far, now other legitimate basketball plays are being negated because of a stupid interpretation of the rule. What does Hardens gather have to do with rebound tip ins?

And my real issue is, its all fine now, but wait until they let one slip by in the playoffs and low and behold, the struggling Warriors win a close game / series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same should happen when guards are on bigs in the paint. Don't let them foul, or else it's two shots and the ball. No only will that speed the game up, but it will also make bigs more valuable than they currently are, because post plays will become more efficient. Nerfing the positive effects of getting fouled while also buffing the negative effects of fouling seems like the best solution for everyone.
    I disagree because this would be too subjective and too advantageous if a shooting foul is called and the team keep the ball as well. There's almost always enough contact on post ups to call a foul, so I can't see such a rule being strictly enforced from game to game and even from one situation within a game to another. Someone will get burnt badly.

I think the bigger problem regarding bigs is that everything is allowed under the basket - pushing, shoving... even before the big gets the ball, while a slasher attacking or a shooter cannot be touched on the pinkie even after releasing the ball. There has to be a bit of middle ground because there are more players shooting 40% from 3 than bigs scoring 40% from post ups and it's ugly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And there was another play last night. Kyle was robbed of his and one. The refs already have a lot of influence. This just gives them more.

It's the NFLs version of catch no-catch.

I'm telling you, this rule is going to ruin a big playoff swinging game. Someone's going to he robbed of points, or given the and -1 to help them win, and the warriors will benefit either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rule is corny. LeBron still gets those massive travel and 1s

Thread Information