Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    They aren't the problem.

Westbrook is. He infects every single player who comes to OKC, especially if they're scorers.

I was mocked in the past on ST for saying no team will ever win a le with Russ as a top 3 player. He's the biggest me-first player since Kobe and maybe even moreso.

Dipo last year with OKC:
    15.9/4.3/2.6 in 33.2 mpg on splits of .442/.361/.753
    Dipo this year with the Pacers:
    23.8/4.3/3.8 in 32.5 mpg on splits of .480/.446/.860

And the refrain last year in OKC was that they had no other scorers to help shoulder the burden from Russ.
    Yes, we know you really hate Westbrook. Unfortunately for your agenda, anyone who's actually watched their games knows that he's been playing more unselfishly than ever, trying to make this team work. Melo is the problem. He's delusional about his game and is jab-stepping, isolating and chucking all game like he's the star.

Oladipo is putting up big, empty stats on a rebuilding team with no pressure at all. His volume is higher than ever before: his 17.1 FGA per game and 30.4% usage rate are both far ahead of his career averages in those categories. High volume + rebuilding team nobody cares about + no pressure = empty stats... it's as simple as that. If it's Westbrook's fault, then explain why Oladipo sucked in Orlando before ever playing with Westbrook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, we know you really hate Westbrook. Unfortunately for your agenda, anyone who's actually watched their games knows that he's been playing more unselfishly than ever, trying to make this team work. Melo is the problem. He's delusional about his game and is jab-stepping, isolating and chucking all game like he's the star.

Oladipo is putting up big, empty stats on a rebuilding team with no pressure at all. His volume is higher than ever before: his 17.1 FGA per game and 30.4% usage rate are both far ahead of his career averages in those categories. High volume + rebuilding team nobody cares about + no pressure = empty stats... it's as simple as that. If it's Westbrook's fault, then explain why Oladipo sucked in Orlando before ever playing with Westbrook.
    Lol a 22 year old scoring 18ppg sucks in your eyes. ing hilarious.

I guess it's melos fault that Russ shot 7/21 against the worst team in the west, or is shooting 60% from the line this year.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Lol a 22 year old scoring 18ppg sucks in your eyes. ing hilarious.
    He scored 18 empty points per game on a 25-win team, on mediocre efficiency. The following year, he plummeted to only 13 points per game on 37% shooting as a starter. They had to move him to the bench to get any productivity from him. When you're the 2nd overall pick in the draft, you're expected to be a franchise superstar, not a sixth man on a 35-win team who can't start over Evan Fournier, Elfrid Payton or Tobias Harris. There's a reason the Magic traded him after that season.

And let's not forget his rookie year, either, when he couldn't beat out Michael Carter-Williams for ROY in one of the weakest draft classes in recent memory. Giannis' emergence is the only thing stopping that draft class from being 2000-level bad.

Oladipo still isn't that good, and it has nothing to do with Westbrook. He's just chucking more than ever on a bad team that is playing at one of the fastest paces in the league. His stats are inflated.

I guess it's melos fault that Russ shot 7/21 against the worst team in the west, or is shooting 60% from the line this year.
    I guess it's Westbrook's fault that Melo's -1.5 BPM so far is the worst of his career and one of the worst on the team (meanwhile, Westbrook and George are +6.1 and +1.1 respectively). Or that only 60% of Melo's minutes are with Westbrook or George, yet he's setting career lows in PPG, FG%, and OBPM and putting up his worst TS% in years while still taking about as many shots per game as Russ and PG13. The Knicks are 6-4 wthout Melo... OKC is 4-6 with Melo... hmm, really makes you think.

It's so obvious that Melo is the problem, the only way you could draw a different conclusion is if you aren't watching the games and/or you have an agenda.

Roberson is another problem, too. Even with Melo, OKC's starting lineup is significantly better with Abrines instead of Roberson.
    Last edited by Clipper Nation; 11-08-2017 at 11:38 AM.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Who has Westbrook ever made better?

Thread Information