Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably it from me as an NBA fan. The culture in the NBA from media and players have deteorirated to a point. Everyone is fake. I still keep an eye on Kawhi, TP, and would probably smile if Lebron ever breaks the MJ Ghost.

Make no Mistake, the NBA is at its most talented era ever. But NBA culuture in general is out of and hand and toxic...

I actually even watched lardball finals over a basketball game just to try something new.

Hopefully I find a new 2nd sport because Im done with the NBA...

Good Luck to Kawhi, TP and Enjoy your retirement Manu. Thanks for the memories.

PS. Popvich is the fakest liberal ever. Stop talking about trump you closest racist.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Well there’s always povertyball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you keep an eye on Kawhi? Haven't your sources informed you he's out. But good news, those sources said he was going to be playing already. So once we work out the up in spacetime, your sources will be right, and you'll get to see Kawhi play.

Good riddance, asshat.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What culture? The NBA lacks any culture at the moment, just like how Kawhi lacks any intelligence or personality.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make no Mistake, the NBA is at its most talented era ever.
    PS. Popvich is the fakest liberal ever. Stop talking about trump you closest racist.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Apalisoc_9 is depressed about Cavs sucking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I solved this problem by just enjoying the Spurs over the league. I no longer really follow teams nor care about what other teams are doing aside from the Spurs and maybe the Lakers for trolling purposes. I dislike NBA culture, as well, but from the standpoint on how the league relentlessly and artificially markets itself via social media, looking for any silly storyline to push. The LaVar Ball issue that dominated the NBA headlines this summer was an embarrassment.

As far as the on court product goes, I have to disagree the league is the most talented it's ever been. The modern rule changes have created that illusion. The spacing players have to work with is just ridiculous (we've already seen two near 60 point games, and we're barely 10 games into the season). Post-play is going extinct (league wide, it's averaging about .80 PPP, simply terrible. Compare post-play efficiency to off-screen), the dribble-drive game is less interesting because of that spacing, and shooting (the least entertaining and interesting skill in basketball) dominates the game.

Good for casuals, though. Like I said, NBA found its casual friendly formula that meshes well with social media. Just have to accept it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still enjoy it, but not as much as 10 years ago. But that's probably because my favorite team was in the midst of a dynasty and my favorite athlete in his prime.

But at the end of the day, I still love me some NBA. Every night, I'm checking League Pass for close contests and interesting matchups. I'm enjoying being an adult and being able to afford streaming all the games all the time, so I make the most of it and try to enjoy as much as I can.

I hate the Warriors as much as the next guy, but I'm not letting them ruin basketball for me. that. There's still a good amount of stylistic diversity across teams. Some teams I enjoy watching more than others. Just tonight I was watching the Pelicans and enjoyed seeing Davis and Cousins combine for about 70 points, 30 boards, and 10 assists. I was thinking this has to be one of the best twin tower combos of all time.

And the Spurs are still good. Still making deep playoff runs every year, and still have a top 3 player on earth (even if he's currently out). So...nah, I'm good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can OP still enjoy his aunt tho?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I solved this problem by just enjoying the Spurs over the league. I no longer really follow teams nor care about what other teams are doing aside from the Spurs and maybe the Lakers for trolling purposes. I dislike NBA culture, as well, but from the standpoint on how the league relentlessly and artificially markets itself via social media, looking for any silly storyline to push. The LaVar Ball issue that dominated the NBA headlines this summer was an embarrassment.

As far as the on court product goes, I have to disagree the league is the most talented it's ever been. The modern rule changes have created that illusion. The spacing players have to work with is just ridiculous (we've already seen two near 60 point games, and we're barely 10 games into the season). Post-play is going extinct (league wide, it's averaging about .80 PPP, simply terrible. Compare post-play efficiency to off-screen), the dribble-drive game is less interesting because of that spacing, and shooting (the least entertaining and interesting skill in basketball) dominates the game.

Good for casuals, though. Like I said, NBA found its casual friendly formula that meshes well with social media. Just have to accept it.
    could not agree more with that tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    midnightpulp

(still lol beisbol)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 it dieded

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    What culture? The NBA lacks any culture at the moment, just like how Kawhi lacks any intelligence or personality.
    It's a culture, dictated by Media, where every excuse in the book is made for Durbeta and the Warriors making the weakest and most anti-compe ive move in league history while actually compe ive stars like LeBron and Westbrook are nitpicked on everything. A culture where Frauden and CP0 are held up as the ideal players. A culture where the league and Media still can't get Jordan's out of their mouths, over a decade after he finally retired and almost 20 years since the last time he was any good.

There's a ton of talent in this era, probably more than any other era. It's just being ruined by Media and the Warriors.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's a culture, dictated by Media, where every excuse in the book is made for Durbeta and the Warriors making the weakest and most anti-compe ive move in league history while actually compe ive stars like LeBron and Westbrook are nitpicked on everything. A culture where Frauden and CP0 are held up as the ideal players. A culture where the league and Media still can't get Jordan's out of their mouths, over a decade after he finally retired and almost 20 years since the last time he was any good.

There's a ton of talent in this era, probably more than any other era. It's just being ruined by Media and the Warriors.
    today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can OP still enjoy his aunt tho?
    Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up.

Maybe he can post some more pics, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Spurs are still good. Still making deep playoff runs every year, and still have a top 3 player on earth (even if he's currently out). So...nah, I'm good.
    Not enough for today's player fan, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    86 Celtics would crush this era.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The game is marketed primarily to dindus, who--as any business model will show--aren't paying customers. It's just going to continue to deteriorate.

OP is right about Pop, though...he's about as fake as they come but he's also no dummy. He understands the politics of putting up a liberal facade, but behind closed doors has zero tolerance for outspoken blacks--which has proven to be an exceptional business model. Belichick does the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only watch(and enjoy doing so) the Spurs. Box scores and the occasional highlights only for all other teams, them all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't the most talented era of NBA basketball. C'mon, that's stupid.

But Durant ed everything. His beta, mincing self-shipment to GSW ed everything up. I've never seen a less compe ive act, nor heard of one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say it is the most talented era, because the ball movement & passing is so much better (even with the increased spacing) including long guys (6'10") & over who are outstanding passes and ball handlers for their size, along with better shooters. That said I really miss the post game - the footwork, craftiness, touch around the hoop etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say it is the most talented era, because the ball movement & passing is so much better (even with the increased spacing) including long guys (6'10") & over who are outstanding passes and ball handlers for their size, along with better shooters. That said I really miss the post game - the footwork, craftiness, touch around the hoop etc.
    That's one of my main issues. It's nice to have the one-in-a-gen Dirks and Kristaps who play more like 7 foot SGs than anything else, but overall, I like when bigs play like bigs. Now you have DeMarcus Cousins shooting 8 threes per game. This is the "positionless basketball" future that everyone was talking about a couple of years back, and while the term sounds nice and infers players from 1 through 5 being "complete basketball players," what it really means is every player on the court playing like a guard. Someone like Shaq wouldn't work in today's game. He might average a nice PPG, but he would get murdered on p'n'rs and be too much of a ball stopper down low to build a modern offense around. Basketball was/is the sport where a unique athlete like Shaq could exist. That's over now.

And think about if Hakeem was born in 1996. He would be a stretch big shooter today (probably in the vein of Porzingis) rather than the artistic low-post player he was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lefty

vs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though it would be great to have the post players back, most weren't overly polished. To me, Duncan, Olajuwon & McHale were the only 3 low post gurus. Shaq didn't really have any moves - just back guys down, pivot & dunk over them, despite being an impressive athlete for his size. Ewing only had the 1 handed turnaround jumper. D-Rob was a face up big. Mourning had a couple of moves but not too many. Brad Daugherty was ok, but slow motion.

Thread Information