Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the only explanation I find to selecting Bird as the GOAT, tbh.

And this is coming from a guy that ranks Bird above Magic in the all-time list, tbh.

Bird himself has said that MJ is the GOAT. C'mon son.
    Bird never said that. You think I haven't heard this nonsense from Jordan jockers before?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird never said that. You think I haven't heard this nonsense from Jordan jockers before?
    What did he say? That he was God? Such a difference.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did he say? That he was God? Such a difference.
    He was using hyperbole for one game, dude.

Why you jordan jocking, dude? You knew that.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    larry bird

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kareem belongs nowhere near this conversation If anything Magic should be in this discussion way before Kareem.
    LOL my beautiful and still pe e wife is from Panama and if she did not kick your ass out of sympathy for your lack of masculinity, bring it on, former boxer here and Army doc here with training in the martial arts and while I am middle aged and "heading for the senior tour" in life; would still undoubtedly kick your hiding between a screen name *&^ anytime.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kareem belongs nowhere near this conversation If anything Magic should be in this discussion way before Kareem.
    Magic didn't even have to become a complete player 'til 87 b/c Kareem did the heavy lifting. As a student of the game, I'm sure you were aware.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Magic didn't even have to become a complete player 'til 87 b/c Kareem did the heavy lifting. As a student of the game, I'm sure you were aware.
    larry bird
    dunning-kruger

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    And Stern made the black players go easy on Bird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird is the goat tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Stern made the black players go easy on Bird.
    Only re ST trolls buy that .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bird is the goat tbh

A case can be made for Kareem, LeBron maybe even Timmy if you get creative ...but no its not Bird.
    Magic is my favorite player but it aint him either ...Jordan ended that one fateful night at the old Forum ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic is my favorite player but it aint him either ...Jordan ended that one fateful night at the old Forum ...
    Logic took a serious hit.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    MJ > Magic > Kareem > Lebron

Lebron never developed quite the post game like the other three ahead of him severely limiting his arsenal. Instead he had to depend on his PED induced athleticism to bully his way in the paint. Lebron is the best passer among everyone mentioned but who really wants their superstar to be a great passer. MJ could score anywhere from the floor unlike Lebron who's epic choke against Dallas occurred because of his lack of arsenal. Plus MJ has the better advanced metrics. Lebron's a great player but even Bird was more clutch down the stretch because he could score from anywhere on the floor.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Magic was clearly the Lakers best player by 1982.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol no.
    Kareem was their go to guy

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Lol no.
    Kareem was their go to guy
    Nah Magic was more valuable at that point. Kareem started to decline by then. Magic was the best player on 4 of their championship squads.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Magic was their best player on 4 of their championship squads. Besides your Vin Scully thread neutralizes any argument you could ever make. Easily one of the most dumbest, most pointless threads on this forum. But not a suprise coming from a moron like you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When DK left the Bulls, they still made the conference finals. When LeBron left the Cavs, he won les with the Heat while the Cavs sucked so bad that they got top 3 picks every year. When he came back to the Cavs they were immediately in the finals again, while the Heat went back to being mediocre. I can't think of another example where one player makes that much of a difference.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn son, you trully are racist.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd say by 84 tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

A case can be made for Kareem, LeBron maybe even Timmy if you get creative ...but no its not Bird.
    Killa - I gotta respectfully disagree. MJ caught Magic's 1991 Lakers when Magic was probably already HIV positive, Worthy was past his prime and KAJ had retired (rookie Divac had to battle Cartwright ).

MJ's highest scoring average against any team is vs the Lakers (I bet B Scott and Coop still have nightmares ), but MJ never truly beat Showtime. Matter of fact Magic beat the Celtics (twice) and the Pistons (B2B) in the Finals IIRC. These two teams alone made MJ their .

My old adage is MJ didn't win until Bird's back went out and Magic was damn close to the end of his prime, likely playing with HIV. If he ever beat Bird in the playoffs or Showtime in the Finals, he the GOAT. Otherwise, I'm rolling with KAJ.

Lastly, he didn't win until the league was watered down with the Heat, Raps, Grizz, etc. As much as ST uses nerdy Hollinger stats to disprove the '80s, to me, that is the golden era of the NBA...and MJ didn't win jack in the '80s. IJS...

Thoughts?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When DK left the Bulls, they still made the conference finals. When LeBron left the Cavs, he won les with the Heat while the Cavs sucked so bad that they got top 3 picks every year. When he came back to the Cavs they were immediately in the finals again, while the Heat went back to being mediocre. I can't think of another example where one player makes that much of a difference.
    That's not true. The bulls lost in the second round to the Knicks that year. The bulls were pretty good that year because their core was still in tact and also they had added depth in Kukoc, Kerr,Longley. After that season they ended up losing Grant, Cartwright, Paxson. The bulls were a mediocre team during the '94-'95 season. Before MJ came back their record was 34-31. After his comeback they finished the season 13-4 with a record of 47-35.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabber is the goatPERIOD.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    - damn autocorrect got me!

Thread Information