My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I guess there's not a lot of people on the same boat.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Tbh I lost interest in timberwolves when they traded kg. Watched the celtics off and on for a few years cuz kg. Casually kept tabs on wolves since then, hated Kevin love. I thought this offseasom was exciting forthem, assumed it would be interesting with this roster. Nope, have no idea what their record is, no way in he'll am I paying for cable to watch which team will get blown out by the warriors.

Nfl regular season>mlb august-October>nba finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I lost interest in timberwolves when they traded kg. Watched the celtics off and on for a few years cuz kg. Casually kept tabs on wolves since then, hated Kevin love. I thought this offseasom was exciting forthem, assumed it would be interesting with this roster. Nope, have no idea what their record is, no way in he'll am I paying for cable to watch which team will get blown out by the warriors.

Nfl regular season>mlb august-October>nba finals
    Your team has Karl Anthony Towns, you ungrateful bas . He's one of the best players in the league.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Your team has Karl Anthony Towns, you ungrateful bas . He's one of the best players in the league.
    Towns is overrated at this point, tbh. His "defense" makes Harden's look good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably because the NFL has had a year....lol cowboys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol beisbol fans have switched to tdays NBA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really?

This is the least amount of ball I've ever watched to start a season. Kawhi being out really has me not wanting to watch anyone else. A lot of these teams and players are boring as to me.

I miss the days of the dominant centers and power forwards. Ewing, Olajuwon, D-Rob, Mourning, prime Shawn Kemp, those guys (I'm probably missing some others), then Shaq, TD, Webber, KG, Dirk. I always prefer playing inside out. I find this current game boring as .

I tried watching a Sixers game earlier in the season just so I could watch Joel Embiid as I think he has a lot of potential to be a great big man, but I think I picked his worst game of the season. He was atrocious. He was jacking up shots from 3 point land and also mid-range, clanging everything. I really like his game when he mixes it up and goes inside, but couldn't stand watching him shoot so many jumpers in that game and pretty much miss them all. He didn't really even try going inside.

I also can't believe I'm saying it, but I also liked watching Kobe more than a lot of these current players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really?

This is the least amount of ball I've ever watched to start a season. Kawhi being out really has me not wanting to watch anyone else. A lot of these teams and players are boring as to me.

I miss the days of the dominant centers and power forwards. Ewing, Olajuwon, D-Rob, Mourning, prime Shawn Kemp, those guys (I'm probably missing some others), then Shaq, TD, Webber, KG, Dirk. I always prefer playing inside out. I find this current game boring as .

I tried watching a Sixers game earlier in the season just so I could watch Joel Embiid as I think he has a lot of potential to be a great big man, but I think I picked his worst game of the season. He was atrocious. He was jacking up shots from 3 point land and also mid-range, clanging everything. I really like his game when he mixes it up and goes inside, but couldn't stand watching him shoot so many jumpers in that game and pretty much miss them all. He didn't really even try going inside.

I also can't believe I'm saying it, but I also liked watching Kobe more than a lot of these current players.
    Same here.

I hate seeing talented big men jacking up 3s.
    Porzingis is the exception, he can shoot the ball well and has a good shot selection.

And I would rather watch Kobe than today 3 pt fest

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Damn... people are already forgetting about Kobe. That didn't take long.

Kobe was one of the most unwatchable players ever. There was nothing fun about watching him selfishly chuck up awful shots. And when he wasn't chucking, he was whining, pouting, quitting, and/or verbal-flopping. It wasn't any less predictable than the Warriors' and Rockets' three-point chucking.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Leave it up to CN to speak words about Kobe. Like a listless lover, she mentions him. Kind of sad to see the starstruck bring up lost loved ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kobe was one of the most unwatchable players ever. There was nothing fun about watching him selfishly chuck up awful shots. And when he wasn't chucking, he was whining, pouting, quitting, and/or verbal-flopping. It wasn't any less predictable than the Warriors' and Rockets' three-point chucking.
    It depends on the season tbh.
    2000-2001-2002 Kobe was fun to watch tbh.

2004 Finals and Post MVPau Kobe was awful, horrible shot selection tbh

Still better than today's black euros tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

At the risk of sounding like a Laker fan, I beg to differ. There are blemishes on an otherwise stellar career but Kobe was an amazing player. A young and prime Kobe would dominate today's NBA. He would toy with Chokeanis Antechokeoompoo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was definitely a selfish got and a chucker, but I think Ice009's point was that Kobe mixed up his shots more than current players, even had something of a post game, instead of always taking 3s and layups like many current guards.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

2000-2002 Kobe was horrible to watch. It was infuriating to watch him chuck bricks while ignoring the most dominant player the league had ever seen (prime Shaq).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really?

You forgot: Barkley, Malone, Gasol, Howard.

For the most part (Aldridge is an obvious exception), the best bigs today play like guards. I was all for it initially, but it's gone too far; there's virtually no diversity anymore. Cousins, the most dominant post player since prime Duncan, has now become almost exclusively a stretch/dribble drive type.

Was discussing this with my brother yesterday. This would have been unthinkable up until this decade, but despite many of the best young players being bigs, I'm not sure you can win a championship with a big as your go to player anymore. '07 Duncan was the last to do it.

Late 00s - early 10s was the best era because it was the best of both worlds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You forgot: Barkley, Malone, Gasol, Howard.

For the most part (Aldridge is an obvious exception), the best bigs today play like guards. I was all for it initially, but it's gone too far; there's virtually no diversity anymore. Cousins, the most dominant post player since prime Duncan, has now become almost exclusively a stretch/dribble drive type.

Was discussing this with my brother yesterday. This would have been unthinkable up until this decade, but despite many of the best young players being bigs, I'm not sure you can win a championship with a big as your go to player anymore. '07 Duncan was the last to do it.

Late 00s - early 10s was the best era because it was the best of both worlds.
    Even the '08 Celtics had Garnett, and the '09 and '10 Lakers had Pau Gasol in his prime. , even '11 Dirk turned himself into more of a traditional big. I remember he really improved his rebounding and post presence that year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the '08 Celtics had Garnett, and the '09 and '10 Lakers had Pau Gasol in his prime. , even '11 Dirk turned himself into more of a traditional big. I remember he really improved his rebounding and post presence that year.
    Garnett was '08 Celtics' best player, but Pierce was their go to player. Bryant was '09 Lakers best player, while Gasol was in '10, but the former was always the go to player. '11 Nowitzki was closer offensively to a traditional big than he had previously been, but I'd still never describe him as one.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    2000-2002 Kobe was horrible to watch. It was infuriating to watch him chuck bricks while ignoring the most dominant player the league had ever seen (prime Shaq).

crippled nation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TV viewing up, attendance down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TV viewing up, attendance down
    THE FATTENING

Finally, ur average American has, realized he can make it in MLB

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm talking about when he played with Shaq, I liked watching him back then. Not after Shaq left, though.

100% agree, just basically posted that, should have read your post first.

Thread Information