Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well yeah sure no one cares about the pregame stuff until you go full re and go out of your way to disrespect and make people angry. He could have voiced his concerns about police brutality in ways that didn’t offend anyone or blame the nation as a whole. He could have made a speech in a post game press conference or pe ioned the owners to run an ad. Would you go to a funeral to collect a debt or maybe try to talk about it at a better time? Just not smart and obviously hurt the nfl, 1% fluctuation or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the NFL doesn't want to cater to offended snowflakes that's their call tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So...you're saying the players should stand?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah they can do whatever they want just don’t cry over low ratings or pretend it’s not happening when it is.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    1% increase from what though? If we are talking about last year the ratings were already in the tanks then. Haven’t they been in a two year slide?
    In-game attendance, which was the target of this specific Veterans Day boycott.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So...you're saying the players should stand?
    I don't care what they do. Let them play duck duck goose during the anthem. Who the tunes into the national anthem ceremony

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care what they do. Let them play duck duck goose during the anthem. Who the tunes into the national anthem ceremony
    I agree. Snowflake elitist millionaires pretending they know social injustice...lol

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Your chart only covers 18-24 year olds And tv as a whole which isn’t what is being discussed here. Compared to other sports like mlb nhl and nba what is happening to the nfl is an outlier. Maybe tv as a whole is down because less people are watching fake news or maybe working harder and less time for soap operas who really knows what’s driving it? As far as the nfl The damage was already done before the protest week. Everyone particilating had already quit watching.
    Probably so. Wages go down, prices go up so TV is the first thing to go especially now that everything is on Jewtube.

Edit: rofl who's the other corso using this account?
    Last edited by Mark Celibate; 11-14-2017 at 07:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    papa johns now about as soft as their crappy dough:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/15/news...sts/index.html

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    papa johns now about as soft as their crappy dough:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/15/news...sts/index.html
    Papa John & Sean Hannity folding like a 2-7 offsuit. Snowflake conservatives not only suck ass at boycotts, they also flip-flop and surrender almost immediately when they’re the ones being boycotted.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lil pap johns takes a divisive political stance and blames the nfl when pap johns alienated 50% of their base.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vinny Mac bringing the XFL back good lawd!

Tickets for multiple Week 15 NFL games are cheaper than 3 high school games

High school football is a big deal in Texas, but that’s not going to make the NFL feel any better about this weekend’s embarrassing ticket situation.

According to USA Today, three high school games (two in Texas and one in California) have higher ticket prices than three Week 15 NFL games.

Tickets for two Texas high school semifinal matchups — Allen vs. Cedar Ridge and Katy vs. Travis — are selling for $10 and $15, respectively, while those for the California state le game between Mater Dei and De La Salle cost $15.

Those certainly aren’t exorbitant prices, but they’re still higher than secondary market ticket prices for the NFL’s Denver at Indianapolis, Arizona at Washington and Baltimore at Cleveland games.

TRENDING: Tickets for multiple Week 15 NFL games are cheaper than 3 high school games

The Broncos-Colts game (which Denver won 25-13) had tickets available for as little as $5 on the ticket resale site Vivid Seats, according to USA Today.

The Cardinals-Redskins and Ravens-Browns games, both of which take place Sunday, had many tickets listed for $6 on StubHub as of Saturday.

The common denominator between all three of these NFL games is that they feature home teams that are out of playoff contention after struggling through disappointing seasons. Still, $5 for NFL tickets is not a good look.

For this to come near the end of an NFL season that has seen TV ratings continue to slide and noticeably more empty seats in stadiums across the country has to be a real concern for the NFL.

The timing is especially notable considering Commissioner Roger Goodell just signed a massive five-year contract a week-and-a-half ago. Goodell’s extension was criticized by countless players and members of the media, and news like this will only hurt the longtime commissioner’s already damaged reputation.

The beauty of secondary ticket websites like StubHub and Vivids Seats is that they can give us unfiltered insights that only pure capitalism can provide. Why are tickets listed for $5 and $6? Because the current owners of said tickets are trying to get rid of them, and no one is willing to pay more. It’s a perfect indicator of supply and demand.

While it’s abundantly clear demand for certain NFL tickets is extremely low, it’s not as obvious what factors are causing that. It’s true that these three games are all fairly meaningless, but that’s nothing new. Every year there are meaningless games at the end of the season when many teams are out of playoff contention.

RELATED: Star rookie Joe Mixon hit with lawsuit over pre-draft incident

It’s likely that the growing negative sentiment toward the NFL has played a role in crushing demand to basement levels. Between disgust with players protesting during the national anthem and a generally lower quality on-field product, many stalwart fans have become disenchanted with the league.

The calls for a boycott have been frequent and loud, and it seems they have done some damage to the league.

Unfortunately for the NFL, there will be even more of these meaningless games in the final two weeks of the regular season.

Just how low could ticket prices go?

http://www.thewildcard.com/tickets-m...-school-games/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who's even protest kneeling anymore?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's even protest kneeling anymore?
    Dunno the percentage, but hard to deny it didn't impact them in someway. We've been living in the streaming/DVR age for a decade plus (mainly in regards to DVR, 5+ on the streaming end) and the NFL hasn't seen anything close to a 10% drop in any of year to year measurements. 10% for the most popular sport in the land is alarming, however you want to go about it.

"Quality" hasn't registered on the mainstream's conscience anywhere near as knee taking.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dunno the percentage, but hard to deny it didn't impact them in someway. We've been living in the streaming/DVR age for a decade plus (mainly in regards to DVR, 5+ on the streaming end) and the NFL hasn't seen anything close to a 10% drop in any of year to year measurements. 10% for the most popular sport in the land is alarming, however you want to go about it.

"Quality" hasn't registered on the mainstream's conscience anywhere near as knee taking.
    Yeah, but does conscience mean they're turning it off because of that?

Or is it just the continuation/acceleration of a trend?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but does conscience mean they're turning it off because of that?

Or is it just the continuation/acceleration of a trend?
    I'm saying it's part of the reason for the expedited decline in viewership. How big? I dunno, but I would say it's one of the leading reasons. Definitely more so than "quality" and "injured stars", which were never issues in the past.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm saying it's part of the reason for the expedited decline in viewership. How big? I dunno, but I would say it's one of the leading reasons. Definitely more so than "quality" and "injured stars", which were never issues in the past.
    Your speculation is as good as anyone's.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody loves football more than myself....but...watching all those replays, the over doing it with safety, the stupid celebrations, the penalties on every kick.....yep, sucks. I don't enjoy the game as much as I did when ya could kill receivers and QB's. That is the game. If a guy is worried about his satety....take up tennis....you don't have to play football. If you do you know the risks, yep, just like a bull rider, cop, soldier, boxer, MMA.

You cannot play a game about knocking guys down too safely.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody loves football more than myself....but...watching all those replays, the over doing it with safety, the stupid celebrations, the penalties on every kick.....yep, sucks. I don't enjoy the game as much as I did when ya could kill receivers and QB's. That is the game. If a guy is worried about his satety....take up tennis....you don't have to play football. If you do you know the risks, yep, just like a bull rider, cop, soldier, boxer, MMA.

Small price to pay to not have 46 as the average life span of an NFL player. Literally, there was going to be a decapitation at some point if the rules hadn't changed, tbh.

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that related to the Veterans day boycott in the OP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Avante enjoyed watching Joe Theismann's knee bend the other way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that related to the Veterans day boycott in the OP?
    That's what I am asking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lil pap johns takes a divisive political stance and blames the nfl when pap johns alienated 50% of their base.
    papa johns stock has plummeted since he made those bonehead remarks. plus any pizza that comes with a pepper and a cup of butter to pour on the pizza was bound to fall off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Papa Johns one of the only things I miss about Austin.

Thread Information