Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Spurs spokesman said Tuesday in a text message there still is “no timeline at this point” for Leonard’s return.
    He probably won't play again in 2017..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just hope this doesn't force him to have to consider retirement.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't want to play with this paper tiger roster that's a product of an easy schedule either....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want to pile on Kawhi, but it is such shame a that his body isn't cooperating with his will and drive to be the best player he could be..It is likely going to be the only thing that puts a ceiling on his stunning development so far..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he chose Satan over Jehova he'd be windmill dunking right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reckon he'll be back by December...hopefully 2017!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we will never hear about the progress but it would be nice to know if Kawai is still alive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they want to trade Aldridge and are reviving his image by letting Kawhi sit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I'd like more info on what is exactly going on. Do they think it might be chronic, and it if is, what does that mean for his season and also his career?

I wonder what kind of diet Kawhi is on? If he isn't already, he needs to try a bunch of different things diet wise to see if that helps improve his healing process.

Still sounds like he's a long way off, and that is NOT what I wanted to hear.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I hope he's back sooner rather than later. Pop and his darn vague lines .
    Last edited by Ice009; 11-21-2017 at 10:02 PM.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope someone asks if it is chronic or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes I am afraid of something chronic.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 11-21-2017 at 10:58 PM.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    not good for body to be breaking down at 26 tbh. however this ups the chances he signs mega deal with PATFO next year as it will most likely be his last one...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we will never hear about the progress but it would be nice to know if Kawai is still alive.
    You haven't been seeing him sitting on the bench ?

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we still talking about this? He's not coming back this season.

Also, absurd the way the treat a top 5 player.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Sorry to hear but what exactly is wrong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he chose Satan over Jehova he'd be windmill dunking right now.
    Does RC offer Faustian contracts?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I'd like more info on what is exactly going on. Do they think it might be chronic, and it if is, what does that mean for his season and also his career?

I wonder what kind of diet Kawhi is on? If he isn't already, he needs to try a bunch of different things diet wise to see if that helps improve his healing process.

Still sounds like he's a long way off, and that is NOT what I wanted to hear.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I hope he's back sooner rather than later. Pop and his darn vague lines .
    You can forward your concerns to Kawhi’s sister on Instagram. They surely would like to know what you think about all of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more you think about the Aldridge extension the more it becomes clear there was a correlation between it and the Kawhi’s injury.

Maybe they knew the latter was going to be out for a while and they needed LMA to be locked in—both financially and in mental focus— to limit the damage of Leonard lengthy absence. If the “clearing of the air” meeting with Pop happened early in the summer, why hadn’t the extension been agreed upon shortly after instead of just two days before the start of the season?

Had the Spurs gone on and lost Aldridge in 2018 offseason, they would have no other avenue to get another star-caliber player and the roster would have been left more exposed for its shallowness now that Kawhi’s injury has been revealed to have “chronic occurrence” potential, which would mean he is going to be in-and-out of lineup more often going forward..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi was out and there was no Aldridge (before the extension), then I'm sure the Spurs wouldn't have minded a lottery pick. I think they'd rather a lottery pick than being a middling team.

I'm really not sure what the true reason for the extension is/was, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...now that Kawhi’s injury has been revealed to have “chronic occurrence” potential, which would mean he is going to be in-and-out of lineup more often going forward..
    I wonder who has revealed this...Stop lying.

Anyway, it's clear to me now the Spurs doctors made a big mistake in their first diagnosis approach of the injury, they shouldn't have allowed Kawhi to train hard in the summer like he did.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...i-11300088.php

If they would have rested him all those months, his injury could look better now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to hear but what exactly is wrong?
    who knows tbh...

and there are people on this board that were advocating for him to play more minutes last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who knows tbh... and there are people on this board that were advocating for him to play more minutes last year
    In last 2 regular seasons he played 33' per game...Do people expect he plays 25 now? That's stupid.

I'm fine if he plays 33' in regular season but I want Kawhi to play much more in playoffs.

In 2015 KD played SIX minutes more than him per game in the series, it had a cost, it was one of the reason why Spurs lost Our best two defenders, Kawhi and Danny didn't stay on the floor the same time than KD and Russ to contain them.

Someone should ask Kawhi if he wants to retire at his 30 or early 30's while he plays to his full strengths instead of playing until his 40 at a player role of 25 minutes for the rest of his career. Not every player has the same goals...

As a Spurs fan I don't give a about players' longevity anymore...I want to win when Kawhi is reaching his prime not in 10 years.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 11-22-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more you think about the Aldridge extension the more it becomes clear there was a correlation between it and the Kawhi’s injury.

Maybe they knew the latter was going to be out for a while and they needed LMA to be locked in—both financially and in mental focus— to limit the damage of Leonard lengthy absence. If the “clearing of the air” meeting with Pop happened early in the summer, why hadn’t the extension been agreed upon shortly after instead of just two days before the start of the season?

Had the Spurs gone on and lost Aldridge in 2018 offseason, they would have no other avenue to get another star-caliber player and the roster would have been left more exposed for its shallowness now that Kawhi’s injury has been revealed to have “chronic occurrence” potential, which would mean he is going to be in-and-out of lineup more often going forward..
    Spurs could have been waiting out Westbrook's deadline to extend . . . until the Anthony trade clinched it. More likely, both sides wanted to see if the other would practice what they preached before an extension was offered. Once they had proof (albeit in preseason and without Leonard), what was always true was staring them in the face again: neither side can do better and they both need each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder who has revealed this...Stop lying.

Anyway, it's clear to me now the Spurs doctors made a big mistake in their first diagnosis approach of the injury, they shouldn't have allowed Kawhi to train hard in the summer like he did.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...i-11300088.php

If they would have rested him all those months, his injury could look better now.
    Training injuries happen. Train Hard, Fight Easy. (what the military says). We don't live in isolated, safe air bubbles. He'll be back.

Thread Information