Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like SA is the place where old players who were once either stars or very good come to retire... Im not sure why that's the case... Im guessing it is Pop's system that make young stars wary that they won't gain individual recognition...

Whatever the reason I'm tired of it! Especially now that we have kawhi in his prime surrounded by geezers... If we don't bring in new young blood this year, or especially next, he may be gone, then dark days will arrive...

It has been happening throughout the Duncan era... Rodman, Horry, Van Exel, McDeiss, Finley, West, Gasol, Gay, Aldridge, McGrady, Kerr, S Jax second stint... Im sure I'm missing more, but all these guys joined after 30, when most players are on the downward spiral of their careers...

What can we do to change this? It was ok to do it since our big 3 were hall of famers... Now we only have a big 1.5 (until Aldridge shows up in the playoffs for us, he only gets a 0.5 in bigness)... In today's league, that isn't sustainable... We had a chance to s shock the warriors in game 1 last year and possibly win the series, but now they won't take us lightly in the playoffs again, and other teams have gotten much more talented... Ppl are even choosing to go to worse teams... Do we need to get rid of the old ppl so that young prime players want to be here? I'm seriously at a loss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Warriors "took us lightly." They just got Klaw'd.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    and the entire forum is tired of your posting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of your bellyaching, but that doesn't seem to stop it from happening.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its timdunkem alt

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Warriors "took us lightly." They just got Klaw'd.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey dip , you understand that this is what happens when you are a perennial contender right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You watch the wrong team, brah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey dip , you understand that this is what happens when you are a perennial contender right?
    Tell that to KD...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL... Yet you can't prove me wrong on my post... Thats how u shut down a poster... Not one person has said I'm wrong... Ppl are just piggybacking you because of the herd mentality... And ppl who agree with me don't post because they see the direction you guys take the post in by straying off topic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have always had a combination of veterans and young players. After 2010 the Spurs brought in Splitter,Green,Kawhi,Mills,Neal,Marco. Those guys were all below 30 when they signed with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL... Yet you can't prove me wrong on my post... Thats how u shut down a poster... Not one person has said I'm wrong... Ppl are just piggybacking you because of the herd mentality... And ppl who agree with me don't post because they see the direction you guys take the post in by straying off topic
    Honestly it's probably because none of your topics are thoughtful or insightful...you just kinda post random thoughts about topics that have been beaten to death in numerous threads tbh. Just an observation.

In response to your OP I mean yeah spurs have always signed old guys or ring chasing vets like a lot of contenders do. And yes we currently are relying on too many old players. We play in a small market and until guys like Tony and Manu retire along with Pau were kinda stuck that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of your bellyaching, but that doesn't seem to stop it from happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like SA is the place where old players who were once either stars or very good come to retire... Im not sure why that's the case... Im guessing it is Pop's system that make young stars wary that they won't gain individual recognition...

Whatever the reason I'm tired of it! Especially now that we have kawhi in his prime surrounded by geezers... If we don't bring in new young blood this year, or especially next, he may be gone, then dark days will arrive...

It has been happening throughout the Duncan era... Rodman, Horry, Van Exel, McDeiss, Finley, West, Gasol, Gay, Aldridge, McGrady, Kerr, S Jax second stint... Im sure I'm missing more, but all these guys joined after 30, when most players are on the downward spiral of their careers...

What can we do to change this? It was ok to do it since our big 3 were hall of famers... Now we only have a big 1.5 (until Aldridge shows up in the playoffs for us, he only gets a 0.5 in bigness)... In today's league, that isn't sustainable... We had a chance to s shock the warriors in game 1 last year and possibly win the series, but now they won't take us lightly in the playoffs again, and other teams have gotten much more talented... Ppl are even choosing to go to worse teams... Do we need to get rid of the old ppl so that young prime players want to be here? I'm seriously at a loss

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright, another one of these posts!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s called fiscal responsibility ... veterans looking to ring or just play On a no drama team will play for less money. I hate it too, but it’s less of a gamble

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should get older......lol

Thimking a return of MJ Pip and Rodman.....they could play 12 minutes a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Historically, the oldest teams are the most successful ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the funny thing is that regardless of the history of the OP, he did not say anything wrong this time.
    although I do not think it can change, even our star does not make "friendships" around the league, get used to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truer words have never been uttered with such grace.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio is not known as a big party town for young, mostly black, players. You have to consider that young free agents who have proved themselves are looking for the big payoff in cities like LA, Chicago, Miami, NEW YORK and maybe Houston. San Antonio, Utah, etc. are far down on the list of desirable destinations.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @dunkan2k5

You mean the infusion of young KA isn't invigorating?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have always had a combination of veterans and young players. After 2010 the Spurs brought in Splitter,Green,Kawhi,Mills,Neal,Marco. Those guys were all below 30 when they signed with the Spurs.
    Huh? Neither were stars or even really good players before... This thread is specifically talking about good to great players coming here in their prime... Not role players

Thread Information