Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK. I've got a house, stuff to eat, electronic , streaming movies. It's aight. I sure don't want to go to work everyday just to pay for some freeloader to have a pair of Beats.
    They'd deserve better, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and Warren Buffett have more wealth than half the population of the US combined

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates,

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and

Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett

have collectively more wealth

than the 160 million poorest Americans, or half the population of the United States.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/09/gate...-combined.html

Just three mother ers.

And you asshole Repugs voted in the Repug Congress who intend to make it all better for the mother ers and make it worse for everybody else.

You assholes, as "everybody else", are ing insane masochists.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go corner an industry with a product everyone wants. Go create an industry onto itself. Become the financial wizard of your time and you can be on the other side.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The things they don't tell you in schools these days, geez.

Have a look at your owners.

The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice.

You don't.

You have no choice;

you have owners.

They own you.

They own everything.”

George Carlin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This wealth ceiling people imagine is painted with laziness and apathy. That's why they cannot see through it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what he does for a living.
    Trust fund baby was the best guess last time I asked

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This wealth ceiling people imagine is painted with laziness and apathy. That's why they cannot see through it.
    No. No, no. That's not it. It's a conspiracy to continue to control EVERYONE that isn't rich. It's by design. The Republicans are conspiring against the entire population to keep them down. It has nothing to do with work ethic, entrepreneurship and effort. Everyone deserves to have everything producers in the economy deserves, regardless of how much or how little they contribute, but the Repugs just hold everyone back and hoard the cash supply.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The things they don't tell you in schools these days, geez.

Have a look at your owners.

The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice.

You don't.

You have no choice;

you have owners.

They own you.

They own everything.”

George Carlin

You also agree with him on environmentalism?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boots, what do you do for a living you got?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'd deserve better, tbh.
    Believe me...if everyone could just have a pair of premium Beats to chill out to...the discontent level in this country would be almost zero.
    But just don't expect me to pay for the Beats. Maybe they should quit eating at McDonalds for one month and use that money more wisely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Believe me...if everyone could just have a pair of premium Beats to chill out to...the discontent level in this country would be almost zero.
    But just don't expect me to pay for the Beats. Maybe they should quit eating at McDonalds for one month and use that money more wisely.

Come to my neck of the woods one day. You'll never see so many sharp dressed people living in the s. Filthy neighborhoods and homes but nice clothing, Jordan sneaks, phones y todo chingas. It's crazy. How could you put material possessions in front of your homestead? Maybe it's just me.

And yeah, I agree. Pass the pot around and throw some headphones on and relax.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also agree with him on environmentalism?
    what's he say?

he's cynical. the earth isn't going anywhere, but humans gonna expire (kill themselves) like millions of other dead end species.

Considering how badly the global environment is going, how the population keep increasing, how the oligarchy blocks all solutions, I'd say Bs of humans, if not all, are doomed to death-by-environment by the 2100.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US companies have been hugely profitable.

The money they have been getting has been going into really useless stock buybacks, that do nothing but pump up stock prices.

In the past unions would have leverage to ask for more money, but that is gone now. Management of US companies is free to run companies solely for the benefit of management.

You joke, but the doom and gloom predictions of conservatives wherever the minimum wage has grown have failed to appear.

We have been trying failed conservative "ideas" for a while now, and have to show for it.
    A minimum wage increase is definitely called for. But an increase so that everyone is making middle class money like bouts proposes is complete lunacy. A $15 minimum wage would murder small business in this country, much less a $25 an hour minimum wage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $15 minimum wage would murder small business in this country
    if your small business plan is depends on paying poverty wages, no benefits, no vacations, no time off, etc, and having taxpayers subsidize you and your employees, then your business plan is bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if your small business plan is depends on paying poverty wages, no benefits, no vacations, no time off, etc, and having taxpayers subsidize you and your employees, then your business plan is bull .
    You act like every small business owner is raking in millions, or even hundreds of thousands. Take a trip to the real world sometime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude is contributing to society and you have a problem with that? you're a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude is contributing to society and you have a problem with that? you're a .
    boutons contributes to society?!???!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons contributes to society?!???!
    if he works and pays taxes, yes. not sure how much contribution but contributing is contributing and that should not be looked down on no matter how much he makes annually. there's plenty of people mooching off the system and those that do contribute. why kick someone when they aren't a mooch?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You act like every small business owner is raking in millions, or even hundreds of thousands. Take a trip to the real world sometime.
    He has no idea what he's talking about. Going from being an employee in Texas to the ownership side of a business in California gives you a lot of perspective. He doesn't realize the true cost of an employee. Take a $15 per hour employee, add another 2.50 to 4 bucks in payroll and state taxes, EDD, workers comp and then figure in your benefits split and your near or passed 20 per.

People like Boots have no handle on reality and have a strong fear of doing things on their own. We're going to finish a little under 1.6 million in gross. Net?? Almost makes you think it isn't worth it, but there's satisfaction in being your own boss and giving people work.

heads like Boots and the people who think like him have no sense of pride or work ethic and have an over inflated sense of self worth. They think because they exist in a wealthy population they think the people who produce and take the risk of complete loss, financially on a professional and personal level plus sweat equity and time, shouldn't be rewarded for taking that risk and should give everyone an equal piece of their pie simply because they exist. It doesn't work that way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every employer/employee relationship is consensual. Don't like you position, pay and status? You don't have to take it. Work for yourself, open a business, do something to increase your true self worth. ing and demanding producers improve your situation is weak. Expecting the government to fix your situation is just as weak and shows a lack of understanding of the government's role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every employer/employee relationship is consensual. Don't like you position, pay and status? You don't have to take it. Work for yourself, open a business, do something to increase your true self worth. ing and demanding producers improve your situation is weak. Expecting the government to fix your situation is just as weak and shows a lack of understanding of the government's role.
    I favor an expanded safety net but bouts' idea is a ridiculous way to do it since it would fall on the backs of a lot of small business owners at a time when it's more difficult than ever for small business to survive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has no idea what he's talking about. Going from being an employee in Texas to the ownership side of a business in California gives you a lot of perspective. He doesn't realize the true cost of an employee. Take a $15 per hour employee, add another 2.50 to 4 bucks in payroll and state taxes, EDD, workers comp and then figure in your benefits split and your near or passed 20 per.

People like Boots have no handle on reality and have a strong fear of doing things on their own. We're going to finish a little under 1.6 million in gross. Net?? Almost makes you think it isn't worth it, but there's satisfaction in being your own boss and giving people work.

heads like Boots and the people who think like him have no sense of pride or work ethic and have an over inflated sense of self worth. They think because they exist in a wealthy population they think the people who produce and take the risk of complete loss, financially on a professional and personal level plus sweat equity and time, shouldn't be rewarded for taking that risk and should give everyone an equal piece of their pie simply because they exist. It doesn't work that way.
    I favor an expanded safety net but bouts' idea is a ridiculous way to do it since it would fall on the backs of a lot of small business owners at a time when it's more difficult than ever for small business to survive.

great points guys

owning a biz is rewarding but damn is it hard work too and i could never imagine having to eat the costs for an employee. thank god i work by myself, for myself, as my own boss and not in a biz of sorts where even if i had another tattooer working with me would i have to worry about much because they'd still be 1099.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only would it kill small business, but where do you think those extra dollars would come from to pay all those 52k employees? From the pockets of consumers. The McDonalds dollar menu would become the $10 menu overnight.

And not only does boots recommend that we pay uneducated, unskilled workers a middle class salary... he also wants to cut salaries for people who bave busted their ass for years and years in school, like doctors. So let's just pay everybody the same thing regardless how smart, talented, hard-working, good-looking, etc you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only would it kill small business, but where do you think those extra dollars would come from to pay all those 52k employees? From the pockets of consumers. The McDonalds dollar menu would become the $10 menu overnight.

And not only does boots recommend that we pay uneducated, unskilled workers a middle class salary... he also wants to cut salaries for people who bave busted their ass for years and years in school, like doctors. So let's just pay everybody the same thing regardless how smart, talented, hard-working, good-looking, etc you are.
    i must've missed the actual point of this thread. i jumped to the bottom of the thread earlier without actually reading over it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta agree 52k a year per person sounds crazy

But also 3 guys having more wealth than the other 299,999,997 combined is just as crazy or more

Thread Information