Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I would rather play for Pop,” Horry said. “The thing that I’d say best about Pop is he would curse you out, (but) he treats everybody the same on the team, whether you’re a starter or the 12th man."
    same Horry that said Dream was 20 times better than Duncan ?

you are a tool if you believe that Pop treats all his player the same, dat cute story at being yelled at is that a cute story for the media...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    same Horry that said Dream was 20 times better than Duncan ?

you are a tool if you believe that Pop treats all his player the same, dat cute story at being yelled at is that a cute story for the media...
    So u think its ok to yell and bench players for things you dont chastise other players for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kinda hurts my feelings, what's worse is that I agree with you.
    not directed at you tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So u think its ok to yell and bench players for things you dont chastise other players for?
    Pop explained it 100 times already... it was useless trying to get the best of Manu the same way than Parker... Pop adapts his behavior / speech in function of each player specificities. Like it or not is another debate but saying he treats everybody equally is dumb and shows you spend more time reading the media reports about Spurs than actually watching the games and following the team.

I'm not surprised tho, you have more ty takes in one day than most ST poster have in one year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Ginobili and Parker were getting yelled at the olds like Steve Smith and Kerr were getting a pass for horrible play.

Pop isn't berating people. He will yell at the younger players more but let's not pretend he was screaming in Duncan's face all the time. foh

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    One thing many players always said about pop is that he treats every player the same... From Tim Duncan down to the last man on the bench... Equal opportunity screaming...

The past several years it's been clear that there are players he will NEVER treat certain ways... He will NEVER yell at Aldridge the way he used to yell at Parker and Duncan when they played bad defense... He will NEVER berate Gasol or bench him indefinitely when Gasol plays like trash doesn't rebound, nor give good effort... patty was literally the worst player on the team by far to start out the season, but he gets the starting job over DJ, and doesn't get benched or yelled at for his bad shots and turnovers... And let's not talk about ginobilis bad shots or turnovers... There have been times this year when he has had multiple bad shots and turnovers in a row that directly led to points on the other end...

But players like Simmons last year, DJ, Kyle, and Bertans would get the old school pop treatment for mistakes that other guys get to make all the time... That causes players to not only play tight and passive when they're in, but they lose respect for pop because of this biased treatment... Whatever happened to the "you don't play defense, you don't play" pop?

Thread Information