Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lets set some goals for what exactly the goals should be.
    Pounds as we know only tell a fraction of the story. A person could be 200 pounds and 9 months later be 200 pounds and look and be completely different.

So i motion that perhaps more of a goal should be fat percentage vs muscle mass.
    Inches? Lets leave that one optional.

I'm told on good source that as your fat percentage lowers, you burn fat at a faster rate. You'd think going from 36% fat to 30% would be way easier then going from 26% to 20%. Ain't so.

So lets be encouraging.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jan 27th today.
    28% fat
    33% muscle
    214 lbs.
    5'11"

Goals by end of 2013
    18% fat
    Muscle i need some input on what is a good muscle %
    199 lbs

I've been swimming up a storm, but need to add aerobics. Swimmers I'm told the body in 75 degree water goes into fat storage mode. Great for muscle and toning, must add outside aerobics to burn fat.
    I love to jog outdoors in green natural settings, but I've flirted with torn meniscus three times. Each time i escaped with only bruised meniscus, but jogging may be too much. I gave it whirl twice last week. Loved it, but knee was howling at me afterwords. Bicycle bores me to tears plus why do manufactures make mens bike seats in such an assinanine way. Elliptical is much better but i do have a mental block/whatever and have simply not been hitting the eliptical.
    Last edited by Fabbs; 01-27-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: redzero would like to know how tall i am.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    How tall are you?

Banned
    Name
    D-Steve
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    28% body fat? Holy

Banned
    Name
    D-Steve
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Eat very lightly for 4 weeks, run on a treadmill or whatever for 30 minutes a day for 4 weeks and you'll lose weight fast

Lifting also burns calories too and will help shed some of that fat

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Eat very lightly for 4 weeks, run on a treadmill or whatever for 30 minutes a day for 4 weeks and you'll lose weight fast

Lifting also burns calories too and will help shed some of that fat
    Thank you.
    I have gone from Porky to tight before and i did it with as you mentioned diet, running and lifting.
    A big obstacle now is i do not want to give up swimming, pretty much hooked on it. But i think some lifting should be incorporated.
    Also stretching. I've got the charts from a yoga-phys-ed expert but just have not been doing it.

Treadmill/eliptical i just need to do it.

Banned
    Name
    D-Steve
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Yea cardio is the most boring part, machines I lose interest very fast. I prefer just running outside with a route planned and a runnin app. Elliptical is nice on your knees though if that's a problem.

But yeah it's just basically burn more calories than you consume, stay away from fatty foods. If you HAVE to cheat, cheat in the morning one day a week so you can hopefully burn it off. And yeah swimming is great for you, it works every muscle and your heart as well.

My problem is gainin weight and puttin on muscle mass. I've kinda plateaued this past month so I'm looking into some workout supplements

Banned
    Name
    D-Steve
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    And by judging from your height and weight alone, if u can get down to like 190-195 you'll look good no . You have some muscle already, just needa burn that fat off to show it off tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gotta burn more calories than you ingest over 48 hr period. Best way to burn calories and continue to even after you finish exercise is short fast stints. So do 30 seconds of fast skipping then brief rest then once again hard out. I hear that just running on treadmill at a consistent speed for ages isn't as good as doing hard out exercise for a short time then an even shorter rest then continue and continue

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    153.6 right now, down from 157 a week ago - my goal this time is to get in the best shape
    in my life and start playing compe ive tennis/soccer again.

My plan - hate going to the gym, so I'm just gonna play as much soccer/tennis as I can. I have 2 guaranteed soccer games a week+anywhere from
    1 to 3 tennis games.

My food plan - cereal for breakfast, a healthy lunch(we have an in house chef at work), no sodas. 1 day a week where I can eat/drink whatever I want though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Texas Longhorns

^ This u Fabbs tbqh?

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    imo only eat when youre hungry. eat a load of grain for breakfast, go to the gym 3 times a week and do weight training. in the off days run sprints.

i work with 4 sets of 6 reps on bench, 3 sets of 15 reps leg press, 3 sets of 30 reps calf raises, 4 sets of 8 reps hammer curls, 4 sets 6 reps of incline and 2 sets of 30 reps each side of the arm with forearm lifts. after that i do 2-3 sets of 100 bicycle kicks.

its a 35 min workout and ive gotten the most out of it. plus it's easy.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Thank you.
    I have gone from Porky to tight before and i did it with as you mentioned diet, running and lifting.
    A big obstacle now is i do not want to give up swimming, pretty much hooked on it. But i think some lifting should be incorporated.
    Also stretching. I've got the charts from a yoga-phys-ed expert but just have not been doing it.

Treadmill/eliptical i just need to do it.
    If you're swimming on a regular basis why give that up? That's better cardio than you'll get on a treadmill/eliptical.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah srsly I don't know why you'd give up swimming/running outdoors for the elliptical.

Not to sound ignorant but i don't see what the difference between an elliptical and just lying down moving your feet in the air really is

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The elliptical is better than running if you need to do something with less joint impact; but swimming is the ultimate in low impact so you should stick with that. It is supposed to be the perfect exercise.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    yeah swimming is a whole body activity, much better than running.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    28% body fat and your fat whale girlfriend still looks huge next to you? Damn, she really is a whale

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Are you taking any supplements? I use Super HD by Cellucor. I went from 218 to 195 while using it.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you're going to be working out/exercising consistently, figure out your maintenance calories..Find a maintenance calorie calculator online and imput your stats, it will indicate your maintenance calories..Take that number and subtract 20% off the total and that will provide you with the number of calories you should be eating per day..that should help you preserve muscle and avoid the "skinny fat" look, if you continue to lose weight..

Honestly, you'll see immediate results by simply cutting off ty food and working out on a consistent basis..a strict diet will be essential once you're nearing your goal though, since the last few %s of body fat are difficult to shed..

I've never surpassed 20% body fat, but I felt fat once I reached 20, constantly eating ty food and frequently drinking full 26s..I'm at 190 12% now, but my diet was strict as , and it gets annoying having to watch what you eat, tbh..it's very difficult and you'll probably have many setbacks..
    Last edited by HarlemHeat37; 08-15-2013 at 12:18 AM.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah srsly I don't know why you'd give up swimming/running outdoors for the elliptical.

Not to sound ignorant but i don't see what the difference between an elliptical and just lying down moving your feet in the air really is
    Actually lying down and moving your feet in the air for 30 minutes would be a killer core workout

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Diet and exercise work. Crazy, I know.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Diet and exercise work. Crazy, I know.
    Dat physics, also I go here for motivation, it reminds me why I despise fat women

http://thisisthinprivilege.tumblr.com/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Dat physics, also I go here for motivation, it reminds me why I despise fat women

http://thisisthinprivilege.tumblr.com/
    crofl good read

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Actually lying down and moving your feet in the air for 30 minutes would be a killer core workout
    that's what I was thinking. Lying down and moving your feet in the air would be a much harder workout than the eliptical machine.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I lost 20 pounds just switching from beer to vodka.

Thread Information