San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Seeing it tomorrow night

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    DC sucks in general, so it probably does.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    If it has Gal Gadot in it, I'll watch...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    i heard the wonder twins weren't in it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Getting roasted pretty good at rotten tomatoes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    just saw it,

its a meh.

Ben Affleck trying his best to sabotage the movie but the rest of the Justice League crew is actually pretty good, especially Aquaman.

Just don't like Zack Snyder movies, and this is a classic Zack Snyder movie for better and for worse.

5.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    DC is Hit, miss, miss, miss, miss, hit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    superher mvies

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Aside from Wonder Woman every DC movie has sucked since the Dark Knight Trilogy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    superher mvies
    i agree... lame ass movies indeed. there's been like 2 in all of existence that were worth while.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i don't think it was as bad as they're saying it was. Affleck took a step back from BVS but still wasn't that bad, Mamoa was decent gadot was decent flash was decent bordering on meh. Cyborg had a story arc. I'd say the movie was worth it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    DCEU really needs someone with a real long term vision, like Kevin Feige for MCU, spearheading their projects.

They already ed up by skipping the solo movies for Batfleck, Flash and Cyborg and jumping straight to a team up. These solo movie for Batman and Flash didn't even have to be origin stories since the Nolan trilogy and the TV show already gave them a base for the casuals. This would've helped Suicide Squad as well, since those baddies would've could've been used in the solo movies before having them eventually team up in SS. This would've added more depth to their characters. Instead, WB basically threw a hail mary on their first play desperately hoping for a 20pt TD so they can catch up to MCU.

Fortunately the upcoming Flash Point movie gives them a chance to fix a lot of their issues. But this is Warner Bros, so they'll inevitably make it worse.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    DCEU really needs someone with a real long term vision, like Kevin Feige for MCU, spearheading their projects.

They already ed up by skipping the solo movies for Batfleck, Flash and Cyborg and jumping straight to a team up. These solo movie for Batman and Flash didn't even have to be origin stories since the Nolan trilogy and the TV show already gave them a base for the casuals. This would've helped Suicide Squad as well, since those baddies would've could've been used in the solo movies before having them eventually team up in SS. This would've added more depth to their characters. Instead, WB basically threw a hail mary on their first play desperately hoping for a 20pt TD so they can catch up to MCU.

Fortunately the upcoming Flash Point movie gives them a chance to fix a lot of their issues. But this is Warner Bros, so they'll inevitably make it worse.
    Damn Lefty...

You are the man of analysis of movies I can't stand to watch.
    But you make me want to.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why John Jones the Martian Manhunter gets no love? , his stuff was always stuck in the back of a Superman or Batman, all 4/5 pages.

He did belong to the legit JLA with Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Superman, Batman. He was actually only inferior to Superman in powers.

This flick diesn't rev my engines at all, and I am a fantasy, sword & sorcery, comic book hero fan.

Lin Carter's...Thongor...saga and the Elric of Melniborne (Albino with a vampire blade Stormbringer) epic by Brit Michael Moor , would be perfect for the big screen.

Rassler Roman Reigns (shave beard) would make the perfect Conan.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-17-2017 at 09:24 PM.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    just saw it,

its a meh.

Ben Affleck trying his best to sabotage the movie but the rest of the Justice League crew is actually pretty good, especially Aquaman.

Just don't like Zack Snyder movies, and this is a classic Zack Snyder movie for better and for worse.

5.5/10
    Man wtf happened to Snyder
    I enjoyed tha outta 300, and I thought Sucker Punch was underrated. Now he's a flopping joke.
    10 years to go from one of the best up and comers to a total joke. Smh.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Wasn't great, wasn't necessarily bad either. One those "there are much worse ways to spend an afternoon" movies. If you are a casual fan of the genre you will get what you are looking for.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Saw Thor this weekend. I felt like I was watching a live comic book. They were cracking jokes the whole time and had a bit of an 80s sci-fi vibe too. It was a good time watching this flick.

All the DC movies are so serious. They need to lighten up a ton.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    They actually did lighten up JL because all of the DC movies are so edgy and dark...that being said, I agree with benefactor, it wasnt great, but it wasnt terrible. if you were looking for a way to kill an afternoon with your girl/family/whatever, not a bad movie to see imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    In most cases, a box-office debut approaching $100 million in North America would be cause for celebration.

But at Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment, no one was popping open the champagne to toast*Justice League, the big-budget superhero mashup that opened domestically*to a sobering $96 million over the weekend*after once having grand ambitions of matching rival Marvel's*The Avengers*series....

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...iverse-1059826
    Yikes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Man wtf happened to Snyder
    I enjoyed tha outta 300, and I thought Sucker Punch was underrated. Now he's a flopping joke.
    10 years to go from one of the best up and comers to a total joke. Smh.
    Was Sucker Punch good, really? I've watched it three times and every time I come off entertained with the action but the lack of an actual plot is pretty glaring.

300 holds up pretty well, but the second one is trash- I thought that when I saw it in theaters.

Watchmen, Man of Steel, and Batman Vs. Superman all have good action scenes but he movies are all meh for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They actually did lighten up JL because all of the DC movies are so edgy and dark...that being said, I agree with benefactor, it wasnt great, but it wasnt terrible. if you were looking for a way to kill an afternoon with your girl/family/whatever, not a bad movie to see imo
    If that is their idea of a light DCU movie then that's a pretty bad attempt, not very funny and the Flash got repe ive after a while. Aquaman was surprisingly good but the movie was mediocre.

Even some of the the darker MCU movies like Captain American 2 & 3 still have subtle humor mixed into the seriousness that doesn't seem like desperate attempts at laughter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Saw Thor this weekend. I felt like I was watching a live comic book. They were cracking jokes the whole time and had a bit of an 80s sci-fi vibe too. It was a good time watching this flick.

All the DC movies are so serious. They need to lighten up a ton.
    Thought Thor was ing great tbh. 4th on my comic book rankings behind Captain American Winter Soldier, Captain American- Civil War & Logan

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Thor was awesome. Maybe top 5 on my MCU list.

I had a few minor problems with it, like how loki is just a lame street magician compared to Strange, why the big funeral for Thor mom but not dad or fighting buddies, where's lady Sith (?), and what happened to the eternal flame?

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Reading r/DCEU is in gold. They're having a meltdown of epic proportions.

Thread Information