Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait... This is your example? LMFAO! what long athletes do the rockets have?? And bringing up one game from a player that was REALLY bad for 90% of the postseason isn't winning you any arguments bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the second game in a row where hes had back to back to back turnovers
    Not something I normally keep track of but I dont ever really noticing a player doing this before
    And I watch a looooooooooooooooooot of basketball
    Happened a lot vs the Warriors last year and the heat in our first finals matchup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's good for a decent game every now and then, but he's washed up. If you can't see that, you need some glasses
    EXACTLY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently 3rd best player after LMA and Rudy, tbh...
    Testament more to how bad we are than to how good he is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's ing 40, you shouldn't be playing him every single game.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those that have watched the Spurs for over 20 years. Those familiar with their sets and their offense - the tweeks and wrinkles of each play something really stands out this season. For the first time in a long time Manu’s been thrust into a role where he shares the floor with 3-4 other players that have less than 2 years experience in the Spurs offense. You can tell because he is more frequently having to wave his hands to tell his teammates where they should be on the floor. As a consequence the play always seems like it is lagging. When Manu plays with the Spurs veterans it is evident to me that the execution is far more crisp and less likely to end up as a turnover.

I can’t recall how many times I see him on the floor with combinations involving Gay, Murray, Forbes, Lauvergne, Bertans, and Paul. Most of his turnovers have piled up in those minutes. I have also noticed that this dynamic also affects Gasol. So even though he is a relative newcomer to the Spurs offense his BBall IQ is high enough to execute properly. Sharing the floor with the Newbies club however also detrimentally impacts his game.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok homer glasses on. understood. I don't want to cite stats bc the quality of this forum has been but you know.
    Stats isn't on your side.

Trust me on this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently 3rd best player after LMA and Rudy, tbh...
    Sad

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's been worse than him? You could argue Hilliard or Bertans, but it'd be a close one between them 3 scrubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's ing 40, you shouldn't be playing him every single game.
    I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu currently 40% FG
    10.5PER
    ORTg 94 DRtg 105
    more TO than assists
    Advanced stats aren’t kind to him either currently 8th there in the team
    obpm -2.5 Dbpm -0.7 BPM -3.2 VORP -0.1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait... This is your example? LMFAO! what long athletes do the rockets have?? And bringing up one game from a player that was REALLY bad for 90% of the postseason isn't winning you any arguments bro
    Dude you said:

I dont trust Manu at his age vs the teams we need to beat... The better teams have long athletes that constantly pick him off for dunks on the other end... Against bottom dwellers? He looks fine... At times...
    I guess San Antonio didn't need to beat Houston on that game.

And what the does it matter if Manu was bad on 90% of the playoffs? He appeared on the one game that made the difference between winning or losing a playoffs round. I don't know what more can you ask from a 40 year old role player with one of the cheapest contracts on the roster. Manu has always had this way of not doing his best vs team that we should beat no matter what and then showing up when he is trully needed. And he did it again last season.

The point is this: You said you didn't trust Manu against the teams we needed to beat, and the reality is that on the previous season he came up big on the biggest game of the entire last season. So your theory or fear is unwarranted, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 11-23-2017 at 02:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LEAVE MANU ALONE!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu currently 40% FG
    10.5PER
    ORTg 94 DRtg 105
    more TO than assists
    Advanced stats aren’t kind to him either currently 8th there in the team
    obpm -2.5 Dbpm -0.7 BPM -3.2 VORP -0.1
    small sample size, plus his usage is up due to the injuries.... after LMA, he's the main reason Rudy Gay is having a resurgence off the bench, and the bench itself is helping this team be over .500, tbh...

no homer take, tbh, just the facts...

I actually expected much more from the starters, but without Kawhi's the bench becomes much more prominent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    small sample size, plus his usage is up due to the injuries.... after LMA, he's the main reason Rudy Gay is having a resurgence off the bench, and the bench itself is helping this team be over .500, tbh...

no homer take, tbh, just the facts...

I actually expected much more from the starters, but without Kawhi's the bench becomes much more prominent.
    Happy Thanksgiving dude. The #playerfan be with you.
    He’s got a lot of upside still tbh, but the floor is right now very low when he’s not.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LEAVE MANU ALONE!
    Nope. That illegal has to go back, as do you, Fernando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy Thanksgiving dude. The #playerfan be with you.
    He’s got a lot of upside still tbh, but the floor is right now very low when he’s not.
    happy thanksgiving!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those that have watched the Spurs for over 20 years. Those familiar with their sets and their offense - the tweeks and wrinkles of each play something really stands out this season. For the first time in a long time Manu’s been thrust into a role where he shares the floor with 3-4 other players that have less than 2 years experience in the Spurs offense. You can tell because he is more frequently having to wave his hands to tell his teammates where they should be on the floor. As a consequence the play always seems like it is lagging. When Manu plays with the Spurs veterans it is evident to me that the execution is far more crisp and less likely to end up as a turnover.

I can’t recall how many times I see him on the floor with combinations involving Gay, Murray, Forbes, Lauvergne, Bertans, and Paul. Most of his turnovers have piled up in those minutes. I have also noticed that this dynamic also affects Gasol. So even though he is a relative newcomer to the Spurs offense his BBall IQ is high enough to execute properly. Sharing the floor with the Newbies club however also detrimentally impacts his game.
    He turned the ball over a sh*t ton vs golden state and Cleveland the past several years... He is just turnover prone... Always been, and it has gotten worse in his old age...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude you said:

I guess San Antonio didn't need to beat Houston on that game.

And what the does it matter if Manu was bad on 90% of the playoffs? He appeared on the one game that made the difference between winning or losing a playoffs round. I don't know what more can you ask from a 40 year old role player with one of the cheapest contracts on the roster. Manu has always had this way of not doing his best vs team that we should beat no matter what and then showing up when he is trully needed. And he did it again last season.

The point is this: You said you didn't trust Manu against the teams we needed to beat, and the reality is that on the previous season he came up big on the biggest game of the entire last season. So your theory or fear is unwarranted, tbh.
    Houston is a threat to you? LMFAO! the teams we need to beat are the ones that constantly stand in our way for a ring... Warriors, (used to be clippers), Thunder... Every other team used to be a cakewalk, tbh... No one expected to lose vs the freaking grizzlies in the first round, or the rockets who have harden who constantly chokes in the playoffs and don't play d... Come on now... And I'll add Cleveland to that list too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston is a threat to you? LMFAO! the teams we need to beat are the ones that constantly stand in our way for a ring... Warriors, (used to be clippers), Thunder... Every other team used to be a cakewalk, tbh... No one expected to lose vs the freaking grizzlies in the first round, or the rockets who have harden who constantly chokes in the playoffs and don't play d... Come on now... And I'll add Cleveland to that list too
    Ok, so I guess that that game that was the differemce between winning and losing the series didn't count.

Anyway, here you have 40 year old Manu against the Warriors:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fukeen guatemalans

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He turned the ball over a sh*t ton vs golden state and Cleveland the past several years... He is just turnover prone... Always been, and it has gotten worse in his old age...
    He's always had a good AST/TO ratio. Not this year - his metrics even last year were noticeably better. Manu is simply taking one for the team and trying to make San Antonio's prospects better EVEN when it costs him his own numbers. You can't see beyond your hatred and so watching the game with all its intricacies is probably something you've never done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I am sorry, Manu is one of my favourite players ever (would have been number 2 after TD if it wasn't for 2013 - that game 6 still pisses me off), but why do Argentine posters stick up for him no matter what?

I'm from Australia and you don't see me sticking up for Mills just because he's Australian. I don't give a where you're from, if you're playing like , then I will call you out on it. Manu is not having a good season. His turnovers are becoming very costly. If he can't play without turning the ball over, he needs to be benched. He's supposed to be the steady veteran hand guiding the young guys, not the guy leading the turnover parade. I know Manu's play style over the years leads to turnovers, but that's not what the team needs out of him. The Spurs shouldn't have re-signed him if he didn't have much left in the tank.

All I want from him right now is to stop turning the ball over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I am sorry, Manu is one of my favourite players ever (would have been number 2 after TD if it wasn't for 2013 - that game 6 still pisses me off), but why do Argentine posters stick up for him no matter what?

I'm from Australia and you don't see me sticking up for Mills just because he's Australian. I don't give a where you're from, if you're playing like , then I will call you out on it and I have no problem trading or cutting you. I DO NOT GIVE A where you're from. Manu is not having a good season. His turnovers are becoming very costly. If he can't play without turning the ball over, he needs to be benched. He's supposed to be the steady veteran hand guiding the young guys, not the guy leading the turnover parade. I know Manu's play style over the years leads to turnovers, but that's not what the team needs out of him. The Spurs shouldn't have re-signed him if he didn't have much left in the tank.
    He used to be able to make up for it with how great he was at everything else. He can't make up for his mistakes now. The team just can't afford it. Two games he's had 3 or 4 TO in the span of 4 minutes or so. In the OKC game he was benched for the 2nd Q and that is when the team made a run. Eventually Manu came back in that game in the second half and he was better, but Pop had him off the ball and ran stuff through other people. In the Pelicans game, the team's shooters (Mills and Danny, as well as Forbes, and everyone not named Gasol) were off, so the team couldn't make a come back after Manu threw the ball away 3 times and caused a shot clock violation in the span of 3 or 4 minutes too. Manu wasn't good. He was good against the Hawks, and he's had a few good games, so I don't want to paint a completely bleak picture, but he definitely hasn't been playing well. That is why I say he's got some upside if he's having a good game, but when he's bad, he's really really bad.

Hate to criticize Manu harshly bc he's 40. Pop has to know he's just old. The younger guys have a short leash, Manu at this point needs a leash with the bad plays too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm from Australia and you don't see me sticking up for Mills just because he's Australian. I don't give a where you're from, if you're playing like , then I will call you out on it. Manu is not having a good season. His turnovers are becoming very costly. If he can't play without turning the ball over, he needs to be benched. He's supposed to be the steady veteran hand guiding the young guys, not the guy leading the turnover parade. I know Manu's play style over the years leads to turnovers, but that's not what the team needs out of him. The Spurs shouldn't have re-signed him if he didn't have much left in the tank.

All I want from him right now is to stop turning the ball over.
    I only stood up for him when somebody makes a stupid claim like "I don't trust Manu against the teams we need to beat".

You will also see me stood up for Danny Green, but he isn't Argentinian, is he? I have a thing against re ed opinions that don't relate to reality, tbh.

Thread Information