Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I've been reading this since last playoffs with different reports ranging from if he hurt himself training hard during the summer or that his body hasn’t reacted well to treatment or the doctors hadn’t encountered such an injury but ever (wtf?). Or that if Kawhi suffers from postpartum depression or that he is afraid to play through pain, among other things.

At this point I do not know what to believe anymore. Sadly. So lets pour one for this hommie’s fragile body and hope he comes back anytime soon.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God take Mills and give us Kawhi back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If, not when tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the is going on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God take Mills and give us Kawhi back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOTS came back from a career ending injury and Kawhi’s still DRoseing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

is depressing, tbh....That and seeing career china-dolls like Embiid and Anthony Davis on course to play more games than you is both frustrating and ominous at the same time..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enrique might be 50Mills plump master but I won’t deny that he’s a ing boss in terms of wolverine healing and teammates’ wife ing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 35 year-old who tore a tendon in April and a 31 year-old who ruptured an Achilles in January are both back in action before a 26 year-old-- who is only supposedly nursing a sore quad and despite getting shutdown for nearly two months-- does..

The "Kawhi's health" question is real..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

After everyone declared him dead too. Incredible stuff from a Top 2 Spur of all time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After everyone declared him dead too. Incredible stuff from a Top 2 Spur of all time
    Yup ... I still remember when he passed the torch to numero uno:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Tony rips a muscle from his knee and he's back before Christmas. Kawhi tweaks his ankle in what, May? And he might not be back this season.

Why is no one saying what happened to Kawhi? Is he in prison?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Tony rips a muscle from his knee and he's back before Christmas. Kawhi tweaks his ankle in what, May? And he might not be back this season.

Unless this is a troll post or something.. it’s not his ankle. It’s his quad. I wonder if this will eventually just need surgery. If so he needs to just hurry up and get it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless this is a troll post or something.. it’s not his ankle. It’s his quad. I wonder if this will eventually just need surgery. If so he needs to just hurry up and get it
    I have worried that thing is chronic but needing surgery is something I haven't thought off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They say it's a lingering issue. Funny, he seemed fine until he hurt his ankle. This "lingering issue" thing is bull . They aren't being straight with us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read in an article that Pop said that Kawhi and Tony have the same injury, Tony’s just tore. Do you want Kawhis to? It will if he comes back too soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read in an article that Pop said that Kawhi and Tony have the same injury, Tony’s just tore. Do you want Kawhis to? It will if he comes back too soon.
    25 year olds don't usually get ruptured quad tendons unless they overuse steroids. Kawhi will be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

da real Alpha coming back to save us

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team is still playing at over 50 win pace without him, so they’re being more than cautious. For the DRose comparisons, look at what happened by bringing him back at less than 100%. There is literally no reason to play him until he gets to 100% in a significantly weakened western conference. Let GS and Houston get the 1 & 2. Just avoid the 8 seed. In the meantime, I expect an uptick in the offense with Parker back. Less stagnant stretches that lead to runs for the other team and less pressure on Aldridge (and less of the ball in Manu’s hands).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team is still playing at over 50 win pace without him, so they’re being more than cautious. For the DRose comparisons, look at what happened by bringing him back at less than 100%. There is literally no reason to play him until he gets to 100% in a significantly weakened western conference. Let GS and Houston get the 1 & 2. Just avoid the 8 seed. In the meantime, I expect an uptick in the offense with Parker back. Less stagnant stretches that lead to runs for the other team and less pressure on Aldridge (and less of the ball in Manu’s hands).
    I don't think any of us want Kawhi to play at any less than 100%. The problem we got is with the story/stories behind his injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs "perplexed" by Kawhi's slow recovery

We need to trade for PHX doctors asap tbh tbqh fwiw

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hes dead, died in China during the summer the person you see posing as KL is a body double that they are trying to teach how to make a turnaround fade away and a few shots and layups. His deployment is really slow right now but at some point during the seasn he will make his debut and it will not be enough to make it past the first round this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes dead, died in China during the summer the person you see posing as KL is a body double that they are trying to teach how to make a turnaround fade away and a few shots and layups. His deployment is really slow right now but at some point during the seasn he will make his debut and it will not be enough to make it past the first round this year.
    But some will say he's better than ever, just didn't have enough help.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but info we've heard is, is that Kawhi is the one holding himself out. That's why I mentioned Derrick Rose the other day.

Do you not remember after Derrick Rose was cleared to play, he could have come back much earlier, but he kept holding himself out. What are you talking about them bringing him back earlier at less than 100%? He sat out longer. Don't you remember the joke email with a picture of his fake inbox with messages from people such as his doctor months after he was cleared to play saying "Derrick, you're cleared, you can play now!" From what I remember, he sat out an excessive amount of time because he wasn't ready mentally (If anyone followed the D Rose situation early on, correct me if I am wrong).

That's why I said the other day that Kawhi sounds like he's seriously showing Derrick Rose levels of timidity in returning from injuries. Mentally, he doesn't seem to be able to handle injuries well, or recovery from said injuries. I don't really know what is going on. It's all hearsay.

I don't think any of us want Kawhi to play at any less than 100%. The problem we got is with the story/stories behind his injury.
    This is the big question. We don't really know what the story behind his injury or injuries is.

Also, I have to say, huge props to Tony for returning this early from his injury. I am really hope the time off with his rehab and him being able to work on his body enables him to be able to play at a higher level than he has the past few years. I really hope that he can make an amazing comeback once he shakes the rust off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, if you haven't prepared yourself mentally that this could be a "lost season" for Kawhi and the Spurs, you are doing it wrong..

I do think Kawhi will play this season, but I'm not sure he is going to finish it..

Thread Information