Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think that Fizdale is the second coming of Popovich, Stevens, or Carlisle but he is certainly not the Grizzlies' biggest problem. Not even close. Chris Wallace is the Grizzlies' biggest problem. He's the reason the Grizzlies don't have tradeable assets and have the ty roster that they have. Not only is Chris Wallace responsible for years of horrible drafting but he pursues players in the draft that weren't even good in college. Tied up the Grizzlies' 1st round pick over Jeff Green. Now I was for trading for Green to get rid of Prince and Pondexter until I got the rest of the story. The Grizzlies 1st round pick in 2019 is 1-8 protected, if it goes to 2020 it's 1-6 protected, if it goes to 2021 it's unprotected. This looks like this could be the Otis Thorpe trade all over again. This alone is a fireable offense. We can't forget giving an injured roleplayer a $94 million contract even through he never lived up to his last contract when he was overpaid. Talk about not learning from other people's mistakes. Wallace never should've been brought back let alone got an extention.
    Chris Wallace struck me as a dumb GM when he first did the Pau Gasol trade granted it worked out with Marc turning into an all-star player but I think Chris lucked out in that regard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's what happened:

Grizz, without their PG, decided to tank the season. Coach acted up by benching Gasol as a protest and they fired him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's what happened:

Grizz, without their PG, decided to tank the season. Coach acted up by benching Gasol as a protest and they fired him.
    looks like a simple but logical reason...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's what happened:

Elegant explanation. (Serious, no sarcasm)

But instead of seeing this, others will come up with grand conspiracy theories about racism and other bull .

Thread Information