View Poll Results: Who was more influential on 2014s Championship. Duncan or Pop?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Duncan

14 82.35%
  • Greg Pop

3 17.65%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last several years of Duncan's career when he started really slowing down, the team didn't really miss a beat at either end of the court. 2 years ago in Duncan's last season when he was essentially playing token back-up minutes, the team won 67 games. Last year without Duncan they still won 61 games and went to the conference finals. This year without Kawhi and Parker, the team is still one of the best handful of teams in the league.

Needless to say Pop is the #1 reason for the Spurs success over the past 20 years. He's not the only reason and Duncan obviously was also a huge reason, GOAT PF, easily top 10 arguably top 5 player ever, etc... etc... But Pop should take the most credit for each Spurs le except for 2003. That was clearly mostly due to Duncan. The other four, Pop, even if he takes the most blame for 2013.
    I think you're downplaying TD's impact a bit, defensively especially.

The 2014 run tho, Pop's game-planning and adjustment for the team to play the way they played was brilliant. The team did a terrific job of executing it of course, but Pop's ability to change the teams style of play to adapt to the times, was the reason they got the le in 2014. He embraced the 3 point line, and emphasized passing the ball to keep the defense working and tire them out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have to say it was TD.

Thread Information