Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Godless: 6 or 7 episodes, western with decent characters but kind of slow at times and nothing groundbreaking. Jeff Bridges is pretty awesome. In fact, most of the actors are very good. But the whole thing probably could have been done in a 2 hour movie or so. Rating: Picks on the Horizon

Alias Grace: 6 or 7 episodes (either this or Godless was 6 and the other 7), story about an Irish girl that may or may not have killed her foster family after coming to North America. Decent story, good characters, and good actors.
    I'd give this a Vitamin C. But I guess by a strict interpretation of the ratings, it could be a Picks on the Horizon.

Of the two, Alias Grace is the better watch.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're a reviewer.

I've seen Alias Grace and it's a 8/10. Missed out on a 9 for the rather poor ending. It left me a little bitter.

I've seen one episode of Godless and it's awesome so far.

More shows to keep and eye out on are Mindhunter and Dark. Both Netflix originals.

Will come back when I've watched those and give my thoughts.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    The Inbetweeners: hilarious, probably some of the Brits funniest work. I wonder why it was only 3 seasons. Watched the two movies too which are also available on Netflix.

Bojack Horseman: another hilarious show, with some depressing and deep sprinkled in. Highly recommend it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're a reviewer.

I've seen Alias Grace and it's a 8/10. Missed out on a 9 for the rather poor ending. It left me a little bitter.

More shows to keep and eye out on are Mindhunter and Dark. Both Netflix originals.

You know what...you're probably right that I undervalued both shows. And it shows a weakness in my rating system.

Both shows are period pieces so if someone doesn't like the respective genre of either show, I don't think they'll like the show. But I agree that neither was just average.

And maybe I'm put off by the endings in both shows. I won't give them away... but to me, both endings were disappointing.

But on a traditional scale, 7-8/10 are accurate for both of them.

Mindhunter was very good as well. I'm about to start Dark.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    You're a reviewer.

Mindhunter is fantastic. Dark has been good so far. Kind of annoying that they dub the English voices. The show is originally in German

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mindhunter is fantastic. Dark has been good so far. Kind of annoying that they dub the English voices. The show is originally in German
    Agreed.

On episode 3 so far. Is it just me or does this show give a True Detective type vibe? It sucks me right in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is there no way on Netflix to watch it in German and turn on English sub les?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    nice. will give each a view on my down time. thanks!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm three episodes into Godless so far and I like it. It's only seven episodes but five of them are longer than an hour. It's kind of a slow burn, but it works with the Western genre. I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is there no way on Netflix to watch it in German and turn on English sub les?
    Yeah you can.

There are like 5 other languages you can choose from.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah you can.

There are like 5 other languages you can choose from.
    I'll probably go with that then. The German audio and English sub les. I think it would be less distracting than from what I heard, are terrible English overdubs.

Have you checked out any of the Scandinavian/Icelandic crime dramas on Netflix? A few are pretty great.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Have you checked out any of the Scandinavian/Icelandic crime dramas on Netflix? A few are pretty great.
    Not yet.

I have been pretty busy with long running shows that I'm just now finishing off.

I have a bunch of short series and one-offs to watch which I'll do next. Already seen 3 short series. Now watching Mindhunter, then Dark. What's next, we will see. Flying by the seat of my pants. lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not yet.

I have been pretty busy with long running shows that I'm just now finishing off.

I have a bunch of short series and one-offs to watch which I'll do next. Already seen 3 short series. Now watching Mindhunter, then Dark. What's next, we will see. Flying by the seat of my pants. lol
    Yeah...everytime I plan on watching a new series, something else pops up that I end up watching.

I'm going to star the Dark as well.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Halfway through Dark and I'm kind of regretting this show.

I like the time traveling aspect of it but 5 episodes in, we still dont know much of what the is going on. That kind of overstended suspense sucks. It feels like it's dragging out now.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nothing compares to American vandal

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    End of the F***cking Word

It's not a Netflix original, some british show they got the rights to. Basic gist is 2 high school kids elope and run away. Girl just wants to escape her ty life, boy is a psychopath who wants to kill a human (has killed plenty of animals) and settles on killing her, so decides to go along with her.

Pretty entertaining tbh, just 8 20-minute episodes. Solid dark comedy.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Bojack Horseman: another hilarious show, with some depressing and deep sprinkled in. Highly recommend it.
    Like it. Some truly top-shelf episodes in the mix. But I haven't been able to make myself watch the latest season yet. They made Diane way too intertwined in the show's fabric. She's frankly a very grating character. I really figured they might have caught on and moved on by now. But she's probably too much of an amalgamation of the uppity writers' personalities that they don't even get it.

Thread Information