Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The zoom in on the ref at 1:00 mark

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree on 1st ...but mentality is almost as important as talent.
    but Ingram will be much better than a #6 ...book it. he stays healthy he will ride shotgun to a better player's confetence finals run ...not predicting a le ...but conference finals in next 4 years (barring injury) or he has not fulfilled his potential ...and or lakers failed to get him a #1 ...
    WCF for the lakers or are you expecting Ingram to bolt/be traded?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    WCF for the lakers or are you expecting Ingram to bolt/be traded?
    in 4 years? yes. sometime in the next 4 years (not counting this one) I expect Ingram unless we trade him, to support some other star and they will lead the Lakers to a conference finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers chose Ball for the media attention. They weren't going to be compe ive either way, but their TV contract that's shared with the rest of the league means they have to have a show, even if it's reality TV level. Lakers could have gone with a true performer, someone with an upside, without a ball and chain and family of tied to them, but that's not going to attract viewers.

It was a smart move, but not a basketball move. They've done it for years with Kobe, his farewell, his recovery, with Lamar Odom..

The whole thing is a circus out there. They don't need to be compe ive to be profitable. I'm fine with them never winning again, and I will take the profit sharing for other teams in the league who do try to compete. I don't care who gets more airtime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers are the Dallas Cowboys of the NBA.
    They can lose for over 2 decades and still dominate in ratings and sales.

This is a done deal and time and success won't change anything.

This is the way of the world.
    Except no one wants to play for the Lakers. People still want to play for the Cowboys. Kobe left so much poison there, and the fact that he's still around all rapey and there with his AIDs partner, RJ's bottom and Phil's toy, it's not something most people want to be involved with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This country voted for a dip for president and bought into the Lonzo Ball hype. End of empires . We're too stupid to live.
    /Thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And why is the media still talking about Lonzo all the time? He can't play right now. Re-visit him in a year or so if he gets it together. When i see all these stories about Lavar and his idiot family I roll my eyes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers chose Ball for the media attention. They weren't going to be compe ive either way, but their TV contract that's shared with the rest of the league means they have to have a show, even if it's reality TV level. Lakers could have gone with a true performer, someone with an upside, without a ball and chain and family of tied to them, but that's not going to attract viewers.

It was a smart move, but not a basketball move. They've done it for years with Kobe, his farewell, his recovery, with Lamar Odom..

The whole thing is a circus out there. They don't need to be compe ive to be profitable. I'm fine with them never winning again, and I will take the profit sharing for other teams in the league who do try to compete. I don't care who gets more airtime.
    they chose Ball because the got FOMOed. Tatum was clearly the far better player/talent and Donovan Mitc has been the far better pg so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they chose Ball because the got FOMOed. Tatum was clearly the far better player/talent and Donovan Mitc has been the far better pg so far.
    Hows that different than what I said?... other than the fact that I dont know what FOMO means?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And why is the media still talking about Lonzo all the time? He can't play right now. Re-visit him in a year or so if he gets it together. When i see all these stories about Lavar and his idiot family I roll my eyes.
    Its Lonzo and the Lakers, he propels them with his 2 - 15 shooting, while Kuzma is benched for making Nance Jr look like a D Leaguer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except no one wants to play for the Lakers. People still want to play for the Cowboys. Kobe left so much poison there, and the fact that he's still around all rapey and there with his AIDs partner, RJ's bottom and Phil's toy, it's not something most people want to be involved with.
    This is true...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn how pissed are they for passing on Jayson Tatum for LOLnzo
    As sad as it is to say, Lolzo brings $$$, so they're completely fine with it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I get the legacy of the Lakers, and when Kobe was still around the media all loved analyzing his 38 nightly shot attempts, but for a team that's been irrelevant for as long as the Lakers have, I can't believe how often we, the people, have to endure this below average product on an almost nightly basis on national broadcasts.

The league is working hard to hype its young talent, but the Lakers are headed to yet another lottery, and unfortunately the rest of the world has to watch them muddle through another forgettable season. On pace for 25 wins and we'll all be there to watch every turnover and missed shot. I hope Lonzo's daddy is getting a nice royalty for all of the hype he's managed to create.

I can't wait for another 6 point, 7 rebound, 5 assist and 6 turnover night from Ball along with some more of that incredible 29% shooting. Must watch TV right there folks.

TNT should at least give the fans a matchup with two teams both above .500 once in awhile.
    Jelly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hows that different than what I said?... other than the fact that I dont know what FOMO means?
    well it's different in the sense that since ball had so much hype to him, they didn't choose him because they thought he was the most talented, but because if it was and they passed on him, they would never hear the end of it, giving his media exposure. The difference is that you say they drafted him because they wanted the attention, what i'm saying is they drafted him because they were afraid of the negative attention that would come if he ended up being actually good.
    Last edited by Raven; 12-09-2017 at 05:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well it's different in the sense that since ball had so much hype to him, they didn't choose him because they thought he was the most talented, but because if it was and they passed on him, they would never hear the end of it, giving his media exposure. The difference is that you say they drafted him because they wanted the attention, what i'm saying is they drafted him because they were afraid of the negative attention that would come if he ended up being actually good.
    Nah. Without Lavar being a big mouth, Lonzo never sees LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in 4 years? yes. sometime in the next 4 years (not counting this one) I expect Ingram unless we trade him, to support some other star and they will lead the Lakers to a conference finals.
    You are either really high on the Lakers chances of landing a transcendent talent in FA (like a Durant/Curry/prime Lebron type), or you think the WCF will crash and burn it the next few years.

Just for perspectives, teams that failed to make WCF the last few years have:
    1) Harden
    2) CP3 / Blake
    3) Kawhi/LaMarcus
    4) Durant/Westbrook

Other than those Harden teams, I don't believe Ingram will be significantly better than Blake/Lamarcus/Westbrook, so you are expecting someone better than CP3, Kawhi and Durant, or some significant improvements with the 3 to 10 on the Lakers.

But how knows? Four years is a long time, who would have thought the Celtics will be where they are four years ago? , who would have thought GSW will be this unbeatable four years ago?

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The Lakers will get Paul George next year and continue to go nowhere.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You are either really high on the Lakers chances of landing a transcendent talent in FA (like a Durant/Curry/prime Lebron type), or you think the WCF will crash and burn it the next few years.

Just for perspectives, teams that failed to make WCF the last few years have:
    1) Harden
    2) CP3 / Blake
    3) Kawhi/LaMarcus
    4) Durant/Westbrook

Other than those Harden teams, I don't believe Ingram will be significantly better than Blake/Lamarcus/Westbrook, so you are expecting someone better than CP3, Kawhi and Durant, or some significant improvements with the 3 to 10 on the Lakers.

But how knows? Four years is a long time, who would have thought the Celtics will be where they are four years ago? , who would have thought GSW will be this unbeatable four years ago?
    yes, i think we will get someone ...trade or FA
    and you dont have to be better than those guys to make the WCF
    Dwill, melo and other less than special players have made it that far . Harden has made a conference finals ...so you arecwrobg ... the year cp3 eliminated Spurs ...but you forgot which kinda proves my point ...not that he isnt great ... but the rotation of conference finals teams can be fluid even if a team like Golden State or Cavs are dominant.
    so yes within 5 years i expect us to be in that rotation ...if not, then magic and pelinka need to provide answers fot that, btw a conference finals is still two huge steps away from a le if we are not at least that its a huge failure.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 12-10-2017 at 03:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, i think we will get someone ...trade or FA
    and you dont have to be better than those guys to make the WCF
    Dwill, melo and other less than special players have made it that far . Harden has made a conference finals ...so you arecwrobg ... the year cl3 eliminated Spurs ...but you forgot which kinda proves my point ...not that he isnt great ... but the rotation of conference finals teams can be fluid even if a team like Golden State or Cavs are dominant.
    so yes within 5 years i expect us to be in that rotation ...if not then magic and pelinka need to provide answers that, btw is still two huge steps away from a le if we are not at least that its a huge failure.
    Should have clarified, I meant to say those players/pairs didn’t make the conference finals in particular years, not that they have never made it. For the lakers to make it, they have to be quite special.

As for steps from the finals, you guys are two true superstars away and that isn’t really just two huge steps. Those guys are more than what would be considered a step.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Should have clarified, I meant to say those players/pairs didn’t make the conference finals in particular years, not that they have never made it. For the lakers to make it, they have to be quite special.

As for steps from the finals, you guys are two true superstars away and that isn’t really just two huge steps. Those guys are more than what would be considered a step.
    again 4 years i think ingram will be a #2 ...
    I think kuzma can be a horry type high level role player ...more than capable of 13 pts and 14 rebs on any given night ...
    we have some core pieces we just lack the most important obe unfortunately and without that none of this matters anyway
    but i firmly believe Ingram has high level wingman potential ...in 4 years paot him with kiwi, Simmons or giannis he can help lead a conference finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    again 4 years i think ingram will be a #2 ...
    I think kuzma can be a horry type high level role player ...more than capable of 13 pts and 14 rebs on any given night ...
    we have some core pieces we just lack the most important obe unfortunately and without that none of this matters anyway
    but i firmly believe Ingram has high level wingman potential ...in 4 years paot him with kiwi, Simmons or giannis he can help lead a conference finals.
    Wow. You see something I don’t. He’s going to be a good player, maybe even borderline all star as a lead on a playoff team, but you I’m having trouble seeing him as a top 15 talent anytime in the future, let along in 4 years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wow. You see something I don’t. He’s going to be a good player, maybe even borderline all star as a lead on a playoff team, but you I’m having trouble seeing him as a top 15 talent anytime in the future, let along in 4 years.
    Of course i see sometjing you dont i watch him a ton more than you do ...he doesnt have to be top 15 to be a high level #2 can ve
    top 20-30 and would still be fine ...and yes in 4 years Ingram will be close to a top 15 player i just dont foresee a top 10. hope i am wrong but i think he easily will be a top 25 player somewhere between 12-20 in the next 4 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course i see sometjing you dont i watch him a ton more than you do ...he doesnt have to be top 15 to be a high level #2 can ve
    top 20-30 and would still be fine ...and yes in 4 years Ingram will be close to a top 15 player i just dont foresee a top 10. hope i am wrong but i think he easily will be a top 25 player somewhere between 12-20 in the next 4 years
    Well lakers doing well = money for the league = good for everyone. So I’m ok with it.

As long as you guys don’t ring.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well lakers doing well = money for the league = good for everyone. So I’m ok with it.

As long as you guys don’t ring.
    Ringing is hard ...a conference finsls? many good but flawed teams make the Conference finals unless you the Doc era Clips

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Killa. Your my homie, but take off the laker glasses bro. No way in the lakers are going to conference finals in the next 4 years. There best young player is a 3 maybe a 2 best case scenario on a contender. They don’t have many great young pieces, the front office is a ing joke, Lonzo is another ing bust that they are going to keep pushing. If we are being honest Killa they will be lucky to nab a 7 or 8 seed in the next 4 years

Thread Information