Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize that if you want to increase the numbers of isos for Kawhi to fit your personal standards, then the numbers of all the other players would increase too and Kawhi would still be one of the superstars in the league that isos the less, right?

And seeing how the Spurs' offense last season was ranked 6th, I would say that yeah, that means that "the offense the Spurs had was fine".

Also, seeing how the Spurs rank this season as a below average offense I would say that they are desperately needing Kawhi and his "isos" back, tbh.

But nice attempt trying to save face after I caught you talking out of your ass again. Next time try checking the stats before saying something you think it's true, so I don't have to come and correct you, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of plays defined in NBA.com as pnr ballhandler (of which Kawhi did a lot of last year) ended up with him on a mismatch and him "isoing" on that mismatch... the play starts as a PnR though. I don't know how that fits this discussion, but it's just an observation.
    That's an interesting point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize that if you want to increase the numbers of isos for Kawhi to fit your personal standards, then the numbers of all the other players would increase too and Kawhi would still be one of the superstars in the league that isos the less, right?

And seeing how the Spurs' offense last season was ranked 6th, I would say that yeah, that means that "the offense the Spurs had was fine".

Also, seeing how the Spurs rank this season as a below average offense I would say that they are desperately needing Kawhi and his "isos" back, tbh.

But nice attempt trying to save face after I caught you talking out of your ass again. Next time try checking the stats before saying something you think it's true, so I don't have to come and correct you, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA was usually the primary option to start games last season. He would play poorly and then Kawhi would take over. Plus Pop was staggering their mins to give LMA even more opportunities to be a #1 option. So it's all on LMA to play well if he wants the touches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus has confidence this year that he didn't have in prior years. He'll be fine.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus has confidence this year that he didn't have in prior years. He'll be fine.
    Exactly. Everything else is up to pop . Also his faith in his teammates abilities from watching would be the highest its ever been . He will do his best to fit in & not mess with their own confidence . Kawais always been team first.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on Pop actually coaching the offense again rather than it being Isopia
    This. Spurs should play through lma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gone like a thief in the night or will Kawhi's touches go down to keep LMA happy? How would this work exactly? Will LMA get most touches in the first 3 quarters and then Kawhi takes over in the 4th? Will the spacing change compared to the past couple seasons with them on the floor at the same time?
    Kawhi = team cancer tbh...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't be the only one who suspects Kawhai's delayed return from injury is part of Patfo's plan to showcase LMA then trade him right before the ASB,while his stock is high?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't be the only one who suspects Kawhai's delayed return from injury is part of Patfo's plan to showcase LMA then trade him right before the ASB,while his stock is high?
    Stop posting.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As soon as you do...gladly

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Kawhi eases himself into the offense with a little less shots than last year and focuses even more on defense so that LMA continues to feel comfortable ... but in the end LMA just needs to stay aggressive, run the floor, get good deep position early ... and hope that Tony spots him tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't share this opinion. Between Kawhi seen limping a month ago, and the lack of practices with teammates until very recently, there is no doubt Kawhi was injured. Moreover, the team has been winning with Aldridge as the main guy but it has been a team effort in which many players have participated and younger players have developed. Many guys have contributed to pull out wins and that was unpredictable, and unknowable if they would have been able to rise to the occasion.

As for the main question, I am sure Kawhi, Lamarcus and Pop will figure it out. Lamarcus will have touches. You have to keep the bigs engaged if they run the floor hard, you have to give them the ball if they get deep position. Lamarcus is already playing within a team concept in which many players around him are having career nights and scoring well, he's moving the ball well. I think they will be fine. It might even be a nonissue within a few games, after an adjustment period (and not just for Aldridge, others have to learn to play off Kawhi was well).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From the top rope!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Kawhi eases himself into the offense with a little less shots than last year and focuses even more on defense so that LMA continues to feel comfortable ... but in the end LMA just needs to stay aggressive, run the floor, get good deep position early ... and hope that Tony spots him tbh
    Umm... No! How about LMA step up? Why does the more talented player need to dumb down his game so that a career loser can be happy with his shot total? Kawaii isn't the problem... LMA is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't share this opinion. Between Kawhi seen limping a month ago, and the lack of practices with teammates until very recently, there is no doubt Kawhi was injured. Moreover, the team has been winning with Aldridge as the main guy but it has been a team effort in which many players have participated and younger players have developed. Many guys have contributed to pull out wins and that was unpredictable, and unknowable if they would have been able to rise to the occasion.

As for the main question, I am sure Kawhi, Lamarcus and Pop will figure it out. Lamarcus will have touches. You have to keep the bigs engaged if they run the floor hard, you have to give them the ball if they get deep position. Lamarcus is already playing within a team concept in which many players around him are having career nights and scoring well, he's moving the ball well. I think they will be fine. It might even be a nonissue within a few games, after an adjustment period (and not just for Aldridge, others have to learn to play off Kawhi was well).
    Who is having career games other than fathead?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is having career games other than fathead?
    Bryn Forbes, Dejounte, Davis all have had good games. Davis and Dejounte may have had a higher scoring game previously, but Dejounte had career assists, rebounds, etc.. and a few games in double figures. Davis has produced in line with what he has done previously when given sufficient playing time. Danny is scoring in more diverse ways than last season, etc.

Moreover, the team is having more balanced production across the board than being top heavy as it tended to be last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm... No! How about LMA step up? Why does the more talented player need to dumb down his game so that a career loser can be happy with his shot total? Kawaii isn't the problem... LMA is
    Considering how LMA ticks I just do not think it will work out, so to maximise the sum of what we get out of both players I think my suggestion was not that bad. Also I really think Kawhi too a little backseat regarding defense last season because scoring 25 points a game and be the best defender of a team is tough on your body.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I’m going to continue being myself. I feel like Pop and the coaching staff will figure that out. I’m not on the coaching staff. That’s not my mind-set. Teams [figure it out] all the time,” Aldridge told reporters Thursday. “Miami had a big three. Golden State is doing it now. So, it’s not difficult to have two or three guys being dominant out there.”
    https://www.theringer.com/platform/a...-antonio-spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice find.

Yes, let's hope we're more Heatles Miami or Cupcake-era Warriors than Melo-era Thunder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who cares. He'll take a shot when he has a shot, it's that simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who cares. He'll take a shot when he has a shot, it's that simple.
    Then why was he ing about touches in the offseason?

Thread Information