Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A collateral damage in DAF-Chinook debate.
    nah Patty sucking was nobody's doing tbh.

He's pulled himself out of his own funk recently.

He just ate too much in the summer and slacked off celebrating det contract.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi can shoot off the ball, on the ball, 3's, 2's, at the rim, back to the basket, facing the basket. Team ball movement, ISO's. And that's just ing offense guys.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is the first, second and third option.

If anyone has a problem with their offense when Kawhi comes back, it's not on Kawhi. End of story. Kawhi does everything to win. Respect the man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah Patty sucking was nobody's doing tbh.

He's pulled himself out of his own funk recently.

He just ate too much in the summer and slacked off celebrating det contract.
    Well, having many perimeter players with at least 18-20 minutes per game shooting 40% or less is one of the reasons why Spurs offense ranks low.

Manu, Danny, Patty, Dejonte...It's hard when almost all guards have those numbers.

Of course Manu's still clutch and can close a game like last Boston game...And Danny can block a shot to win a game...

But this offense from the post didn't give them better looks nor made them more efficient than last season. This is the issue.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is shooting .54TS for the season. Can ya stop using FG for a 3 point shooter. Just .01 off from his career average.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were a
    top 5offense last year with Kawhi as main scorer. Now, they're 18th on offense with LMA as go-to guy.

But one guy here are trying to say they're offensively better this season? Stop lying.
    The difference being Leonard had a healthy Aldridge and Parker (granted, the offense was markedly worse with him) last season, while Aldridge hasn't had a healthy Leonard and has barely had a healthy Parker (so far, it's been better with him) this season. This also ignores personnel changes league wide.

Aldridge and Parker are virtual locks to regress, but if they can even come close to maintaining their current pace, once they recalibrate for Leonard, the offense should be improved from last season.

A few guys here criticized Kawhi's usage last regular season...Well, LMA has 28 USG%, almost the same usage that Kawhi had but I don't hear those guys saying "is too much" now like they did last season.

I hate people double standards.
    Again, this is minus Leonard and mostly Parker. Aldridge's usage rate has been 28% out of necessity and will obviously drop some.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]

The difference being Leonard had a healthy Aldridge and Parker (granted, the offense was markedly worse with him) last season, while Aldridge hasn't had a healthy Leonard and has barely had a healthy Parker (so far, it's been better with him) this season. This also ignores personnel changes league wide.

Aldridge and Parker are virtual locks to regress, but if they can even come close to maintaining their current pace, once they recalibrate for Leonard, the offense should be improved from last season.

Again, this is minus Leonard and mostly Parker. Aldridge's usage rate has been 28% out of necessity and will obviously drop some.
    We've seen who the real alpha is on the team. Kawhi has ZERO problem with that. LMA was still going cold in the Houston series. And evident by him being trash all other years of his NBA career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, having many perimeter players with at least 18-20 minutes per game shooting 40% or less is one of the reasons why Spurs offense ranks low.

Manu, Danny, Patty, Dejonte...It's hard when almost all guards have those numbers.

Of course Manu's still clutch and can close a game like last Boston game...And Danny can block a shot to win a game...

But this offense from the post didn't give them better looks nor made them more efficient than last season. This is the issue.
    Dijon can't shoot no matter what you do.. but I do think with Kawhi other shot opportunities will arise for him, hustle type shots in transition, shots coming off cuts, etc. If he learns how to play off Kawhi I think he can be better, but he can't shoot and that's his own doing.

Patty is not a main playmaker. Just is not. He started the season just as he left it in GSW. With Tony coming back and him able to return to a spark plug microwave type his shooting came back. his funk was a result of his likely complacency after that contract as well as him playing a role too big for him. Manu is 40 he's going to streak in and out of good or bad games. The advantage is that with Kawhi if he's not playing well you just sit Manu up and that is it. Right now without Kawhi, Spurs needed him at his best (and without Tony too), and he wasn't always able to muster it. Remember that last playoffs with Kawhi Manu streaked to 5 consecutive 0fers in a row. His streakiness is father time.

Danny has played relatively well considering without both Kawhi and Tony he was putting the ball on the floor more and doing a lot more than he normally would. I do think he will be better with a full complement.

This is not a diss on Kawhi, more an observation that these players are responsible for their own play too. One of the things we said is that team cannot just lay back and wait for Kawhi to do everything. I am glad they have been pulling off wins without him bc it will make the team better overall.

But the team does need Kawhi desperately. I hope they finally all get healthy. I hate these freaking injuries man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=TD 21;9214833] The difference being Leonard had a healthy Aldridge and Parker (granted, the offense was markedly worse with him) last season, while Aldridge hasn't had a healthy Leonard and has barely had a healthy Parker (so far, it's been better with him) this season. This also ignores personnel changes league wide.[QUOTE]

Agreed. The difference between 5th and 18th is having a healthy top3 player as #1 option.

A need or not, he has 28%. And those few guys are very quiet about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've seen who the real alpha is on the team. Kawhi has ZERO problem with that. LMA was still going cold in the Houston series. And evident by him being trash all other years of his NBA career.
    I realize you're just ing around as usual, but this literally has nothing to do with what I said.

A need or not, he has 28%. And those few guys are very quiet about it.

Right and that's why he does. My only complaint with Leonard has been tunnel vision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only complaint with Leonard has been tunnel vision.
    I find weird you didn't notice his huge improvements in that area, especially last playoffs.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 12-10-2017 at 10:18 PM.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize you're just ing around as usual, but this literally has nothing to do with what I said.

Right and that's why he does. My only complaint with Leonard has been tunnel vision.
    It points to LMA days in portland and how he sucks as the lead banana in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These players are responsible for their own play too.
    Of course they're. But people tend to forget the impact of a top perimeter scorer, how his gravity helps other guards on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course they're. But people tend to forget the impact of a top perimeter scorer, how his gravity helps other guards on the team.
    got you.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garbage. Kawhi should always have the green light. He is an ELITE scorer and an ELITE defender on par with the GREATS.
    LMA just needs to get his ass down the court, quick as a cat, establish position and let things fall where they may.

And then keep busting his ass on D.

I don't ever want Kawhi feeling like his play is being stunted by that diaper-wipe Aldridge.
    Fans can worry about Kawais feelings all they want. Spurs FO wont give a toss. They will put team first

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fans can worry about Kawais feelings all they want. Spurs FO wont give a toss. They will put team first
    Porker fluffer.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly, I don't think LMA touches will be the only thing affected, Pau, Tony, etc. they have to adjust too.
    Yap thats why you do whats best for the team. Thats means everyone firing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is shooting .54TS for the season. Can ya stop using FG for a 3 point shooter. Just .01 off from his career average.
    That would be the 4th worst mark of his career (and 2 of the 3 that are worse than this one are from his rookie and sop re years). Patty TS% for his career is .555

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop cared about LMA's feelings in last summer I wonder why do you think they won't do the same for their franchise player.

Also, Kawhi will be eligible for an extension next season...I guess Spurs FO will do everything to lock him into a long-term contract.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be the 4th worst mark of his career (and 2 of the 3 that are worse than this one are from his rookie and sop re years). Patty TS% for his career is .555
    Still white noise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still white noise.
    All I'm saying is Patty will be better when Kawhi gets back.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I'm saying is Patty will be better when Kawhi gets back.
    We can agree on that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course I know what the stats mean. That's why I use them on my anlysis to come up with smart conclusions and provide sensible basketball takes. That's why I'm not known for having re ed takes regarding the game, unlike you.
    Yeah, I'm sure you forgot about a post that several posters quoted to make fun of you.
    Your most recent conclusions are that LMA had to be traded for the good of the team and Murray needed to start over Parker and Patty. takes, both of them. They come from not knowing how stats work.

Where did you get those numbers?

Spurs were 6th in 2017 https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/sta...ate=2017-06-13
    And 4th in 2016 https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/sta...ate=2016-06-20
    That's not ORtg. That's "offensive efficiency" which is a different stat with an (apparently) different way of calculating offense. , did you just Google "NBA offensive rankings" or something? Dime-store analysis right there.

PPG is low for the Spurs becuase of pace. Are you saying that if the offense was centered around a 35 yeard old PG that can't shoot threes and a bigman that needs the ball in the post the pace would be higher than having the offense centered around a dynamic 25 year old wing that shoots 50/40/90?
    ing duh. I implied as much with the second half of the line that you cut off.

And that's just ORtg. Obviously in ppg they're way down, and that matters when it comes to having to match scores or make up ground
    The Spurs' offense isn't a top one -- they're efficiency was just above-average but they struggled to play fast when they had to. You can't just look at rate stats.

Again, I'm not the one here that gets mocked for having constant ty takes, tbh.
    I guess dabom and TDunk are better evidence for you to use than misinterpreted stats.

So now Aldridge counts as "a guy that shines playing with Aldridge"?

Danny is having virtually the same numbers than last season abd Patty is on pace to having one of the worst shooting seasons of his career.
    Again, you don't actually watch games. Danny is PLAYING better than he was last year, and Mills is definitely doing so. That's not reflected in their numbers because they're less efficient in bigger roles. That will be fixed when Kawhi comes back, but it won't be fixed if he comes back and they become passive again.

Acting as if the Spurs' offense sucking had more to do with missing Parker than missing Kawhi, a ing top 3 guy on the league.
    I'm acting as if having even remotely competent PG play is making a huge difference in their offense. If Parker were even 2014 good, it would have an even bigger effect, because then everyone would actually fit together.

Yeah, I'm sure you forgot about a post that several posters quoted to make fun of you.
    I say plenty of things that turn out to be wrong, and it's the nature of ST to harp on that sort of thing. I understand how the math works though, and I'll take that over the back-pats you're trying to give yourself.
    Last edited by Chinook; 12-11-2017 at 12:27 AM.

Thread Information