Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is everything that happens really just a result of a bunch of infinite binary options?

So...when one thing happens, it's really the same thing as all of the other outcomes not happening?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is everything that happens really just a result of a bunch of infinite binary options?

So...when one thing happens, it's really the same thing as all of the other outcomes not happening?
    Not in QM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't speak to that.

I was thinking of perceived choices people make. So on a very simple level, if I drive up to an intersection (without any destination in mind), and I choose to go left...did I really just subconsciously choose not go right and separately, choose not to go forward?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't speak to that.

I was thinking of perceived choices people make. So on a very simple level, if I drive up to an intersection (without any destination in mind), and I choose to go left...did I really just subconsciously choose not go right and separately, choose not to go forward?
    Did you consider going to other directions? If you did then you chose not to go in that direction. If you never considered it then you never chose.

Your problem is that you are missing the dichotomy between consciousness and reality. They are similar but not the same. You are also failing to consider that a thing can be many things all at the same time. You can always force duality onto everything and there are a legion of mouthbreathers that insist on the paradigm.

That does not make it real.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did you consider going to other directions? If you did then you chose not to go in that direction. If you never considered it then you never chose.

Your problem is that you are missing the dichotomy between consciousness and reality. They are similar but not the same. You are also failing to consider that a thing can be many things all at the same time. You can always force duality onto everything and there are a legion of mouthbreathers that insist on the paradigm.

That does not make it real.
    So you put no credence into the idea that this might be a simulation?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's a Friday night me and a buddy named Stan*** (black) are playing backgammon. We are drinking whiskey/coke and debating on where to go that night. I want to go out to the Holliday Inn Lounge (10 min drive), he's wanting to drive 25 miles to the Paul Bunyan Inn Lounge in Porterville.

I'm ....dude that is a hick town, there aren't any N....... out there. He just grins and...."who wins the next game gets their choice, deal".

So there we sit at the Paul Bunyan Inn Lounge when in walks three tall blonds, they had came in thru the backdoor, the bouncer a friend.

The roll of the dice. I am now a grandfather, have three granddaughter by our daughter Leslie. My son Mason is talking marriage to his long time girlfriend.

If I'd won that backgammon game....................................

*** he knew a black girl out at PC, she was going to meet him there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's a Friday night me and a buddy named Stan (black) are playing backgammon. We are drinking whiskey/coke and debating on where to go that night. I want to go out to the Holliday Inn Lounge (10 min drive), he's wanting to drive 25 miles to the Paul Bunyan Inn Lounge in Porterville.

I'm ....dude that is a hick town, there aren't any N....... out there. He just grins and...."who wins the next game gets their choice, deal".

So there we sit at the Paul Bunyan Inn Lounge when in walks three tall blonds, they had came in thru the backdoor, the bouncer a friend.

The roll of the dice. I am now a grandfather, have three granddaughter by our daughter Leslie. My son Mason is talking marriage to his long time girlfriend.

If I'd won that backgammon game....................................
    ...you ought to be more amazed that you found the one backgammon playing in the world.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ...you ought to be more amazed that you found the one backgammon playing in the world.
    Stan like most my black friends never knew his dad. But, he had an amazing mother who sold...read/get that edication, and he bought in. He is in the insurance business. Very very bright.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The biggest mistake I ever made was going out for running back (got stuck playing cornerback) instead of linebacker. I would have been a monster at linebacker.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

is everything binary? yes or no

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The biggest mistake I ever made was going out for running back (got stuck playing cornerback) instead of linebacker. I would have been a monster at linebacker.
    honestly you were too fat to be linebacker. coulda tried out as guard

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i've never cared for this because the outcome is useless.

lets say we determine that this is a simulation. now what? how does that change how we approach our lives? we still have people we care about, bills we have to pay, food we need to eat.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    honestly you were too fat to be linebacker. coulda tried out as guard

Why do that little man? Watch this....

How much did I weigh when I played HS football, well? Not a clue. right? So why act stupid?

Stupid, did ya see....I got stuck playing cornerback.....ever see a fat cornerback? Dude, ya cannot be this damn dumb.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

lets say we determine that this is a simulation. now what? how does that change how we approach our lives? we still have people we care about, bills we have to pay, food we need to eat.
    I agree. Just interesting to think about.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Yes

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

No, what about time continuity?

It all comes down to numbers being indivisible....without time being divisible into discrete packets, we can't have binary. IMO.

ex: when I just clicked Reply on this post, it was 7:36 and 26.23535233523 seconds, but it could've been 26.235359898 seconds and so on, etc)

Have you read Alfred North Whitehead? You'd like his metaphysics tbh, he goes into something similar

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

>determines everything's a simulation
    >ignores the billions of people who undergo an existential crisis
    >many drop religion
    > have nothing to lose

also, who's to say the ones doing the simulating aren't in a simulation themselves?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    I believe at the quantum level, matter comes in three's. Not two's.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Everything is binary. It either is or it isn’t.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    None

Reason: just moves the problem back one step

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Everything is binary. It either is or it isn’t.
    Try telling that to Schrodinger's cat. Wait, you can't he's dead...or his he?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Can just about anything be many things at the same time, though? If so, shouldn't we be able to teleport like the electrons that make us up? I don't understand QM like BUMP, Fuzzy, DMC, etc...but it interests me nonetheless

Thread Information