Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just claim it via uplay. Get in here DJR210, Cry Havoc, ElNono, 140, RandomGuy, DMC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll accept no gift from Ubisoft.. but thanks.. I would accept Origins though so I'm lying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, I don’t want to install that uplay spyware, IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, but AC Revelations screwed me with graphics glitches out the ass. I also won't install uplay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just claim it via uplay. Get in here DJR210, Cry Havoc, ElNono, 140, RandomGuy, DMC

Bam. Been meaning to dive into this series, can't beat free.

Thanks. Again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bam. Been meaning to dive into this series, can't beat free.

Thanks. Again.
    This is supposed to be one of the better games in the series, though I haven't played it yet. The new AC Origins has been getting pretty killer reviews but I haven't played it. It's on sale at Ubisoft's store for $42 today as part of a Christmas promotion. I think that's as cheap as I have seen it so far on PC so if it's a game high up your list of stuff you'd like to play right away and don't want to wait for discounts on it's not a bad deal.

http://store.ubi.com/us/search/?cgid=Day11

The first Assassins Creed game sucks. It's so repe ive and was considered one of the most disappointing games of the year in 2007 or so when it came out. I played through it since I wanted to play the origin story, but it was lousy. I can't remember where it took place. Somewhere in the middle east around the time of the crusades. I'd just find a youtube video summarizing the story from the first game instead of wasting time and money to play it.

Now the next two sequels Assassins Creed 2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood were amazing. They were widely regarded as the two best games in the series before AC Origins came out, and you can get them plus AC Revelations (a good but not great game) in the Bronze Pack for $15 in their sale tomorrow. AC2 and AC Brotherhood take place in Renaissance Italy and the setting is amazing. I think AC Revelations takes place around Constantinople if I remember right. You might get lucky and see AC 2 and/or AC Brotherhood as cheap as $5 in Steam sales (and there will be one for Christmas), but $15 is a really good price for that pack since each game sells for $20 apiece on Steam normally. I think they're both incredible games. They're old so won't be cutting edge graphically like AC Origins or even AC Black Flag, but I think they have aged really well and still look good. Plus I could play them at 4k on my 970, so you'll have no trouble whatsoever playing at 4k with a 1070.

http://store.ubi.com/us/search/?cgid=Day12

AC IV Black Flag was also often considered the best game in the series before AC Origins came out, and can't beat free. I haven't played it yet though. AC Unity is pretty interesting, taking place around the French Revolution. It was terribly optimized and buggy as when it came out so it got a horrible reputation at launch that badly hurt sales for the series and is the reason they took a year off last year, but you have a strong enough system to run it well. AC Syndicate takes place in 1800s London I think and is generally regarded as a step up from Unity (the previous game) by fans of the series, but I haven't played it yet. AC III you play a Native American in colonial America, though you play as British nobility in the beginning. I haven't gotten too far into that one and quit playing it. It's considered one of the weaker games in the series. I don't know anything about AC Rogue. The Assassins Creed Chronicles games are all crap, so I wouldn't even bother with those.

Here is the rest of their 12 Days of Christmas sale.

http://store.ubi.com/us
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-11-2017 at 04:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is supposed to be one of the better games in the series, though I haven't played it yet. The new AC Origins has been getting pretty killer reviews but I haven't played it. It's on sale at Ubisoft's store for $42 today as part of a Christmas promotion. I think that's as cheap as I have seen it so far on PC so if it's a game high up your list of stuff you'd like to play right away and don't want to wait for discounts on it's not a bad deal.

The first Assassins Creed game sucks. It's so repe ive and was considered one of the most disappointing games of the year in 2007 or so when it came out. I played through it since I wanted to play the origin story, but it was lousy. I can't remember where it took place. Somewhere in the middle east around the time of the crusades. I'd just find a youtube video summarizing the story from the first game instead of wasting time and money to play it.

Now the next two sequels Assassins Creed 2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood were amazing. They were widely regarded as the two best games in the series before AC Origins came out, and you can get them plus AC Revelations (a good but not great game) in the Bronze Pack for $15 in their sale tomorrow. AC2 and AC Brotherhood take place in Renaissance Italy and the setting is amazing. I think AC Revelations takes place around Constantinople if I remember right. You might get lucky and see AC 2 and/or AC Brotherhood as cheap as $5 in Steam sales (and there will be one for Christmas), but $15 is a really good price for that pack since each game sells for $20 apiece on Steam normally. I think they're both incredible games. They're old so won't be cutting edge graphically like AC Origins or even AC Black Flag, but I think they have aged really well and still look good. Plus I could play them at 4k on my 970, so you'll have no trouble whatsoever playing at 4k with a 1070.

AC IV Black Flag was also often considered the best game in the series before AC Origins came out, and can't beat free. I haven't played it yet though. AC Unity is pretty interesting, taking place around the French Revolution. It was terribly optimized and buggy as when it came out so it got a horrible reputation at launch that badly hurt sales for the series and is the reason they took a year off last year, but you have a strong enough system to run it well. AC Syndicate takes place in 1800s London I think and is generally regarded as a step up from Unity (the previous game) by fans of the series, but I haven't played it yet. AC III you play a Native American in colonial America, though you play as British nobility in the beginning. I haven't gotten too far into that one and quit playing it. It's considered one of the weaker games in the series. I don't know anything about AC Rogue. The Assassins Creed Chronicles games are all crap, so I wouldn't even bother with those.

Rogue is a watered down Black Flag, with some elements from ACIII. Feels more like a DLC for ACIII than anything. I think Rogue was 360 only? Can't remember, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rogue is a watered down Black Flag, with some elements from ACIII. Feels more like a DLC for ACIII than anything. I think Rogue was 360 only? Can't remember, tbh.
    PoorStation 3 and PC also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stopped playing this series after ACIII. They pump out these games faster than I can keep up. And to be honest, I had more fun finding the hidden bits of info (videos and stuff) in the animus regarding the pieces of eden and the ancient civilization than I did with the actual gameplay. The moment at the end of ACII when that alien chick was talking to Desmond through Ezio (and Ezio was confused as ) blew me away.

I was thinking the series was leading up to a modern day game with Desmond as the main protagonist, but that never happened obviously after the end of ACIII. So I have no idea what the actual storyline is anymore.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I already got this one free in a codex or skidrow sale a couple years back, never ended up beating it but had some good fun tbh, thanks for the heads up anyway scrah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Made the account just in case, but having 5 steam-like programs does not appeal to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I broke down and downloaded it. It's pretty cool tbh. I lol every time the crew starts singing though, and then I tell them to shut up and it's like someone flipped a switch. I imagine them all pissed that I harshed their mellow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black Flag isn't halfway bad... IIRC, that's when they introduced naval battles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably my 2nd favorite AC le next to the Ezio storyline. The underwater missions are outstanding and the aforementioned naval combat which was in beta stages for AC3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought naval battles were before that to a point. Black Flag is almost purely naval in nature.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought naval battles were before that to a point. Black Flag is almost purely naval in nature.
    AC3 was using naval combat but it wasn't as user friendly. It was poorly worded in my last post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you could upgrade your ship in AC3, but I don't quite remember, tbqh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you could upgrade your ship in AC3, but I don't quite remember, tbqh...
    I'm pretty sure you could to a point. But for the most part the naval missions on ACIII were an afterthought and a time waster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum Skidrowreloaded doesn't have a working link to DL Just Cause 3.. I don't know anywhere else reliable to DL it.. can you help?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum Skidrowreloaded doesn't have a working link to DL Just Cause 3.. I don't know anywhere else reliable to DL it.. can you help?
    Try corepacks.com, igg-games.com, or fitgirl-repacks.site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll try the 1st two.. the Fit Girl site had some links but it directs to Russian trash that I'm not messing with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJR210, I gotta warn fitgirl's repacks take ing forever to install because of her re ed compression scheme. Corepack's releases aren't much bigger and install 4 to 5 times faster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see a lot of improvement in Just Cause 3 graphics...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJR210, I gotta warn fitgirl's repacks take ing forever to install because of her re ed compression scheme. Corepack's releases aren't much bigger and install 4 to 5 times faster.
    Nah I know, she has install estimates on her dl's they're always an hour or more depending on CPU.

I ended up finding a CPY ISO, but god damn there's like no seeders as I've been downloading since I posted that question, and I have 120 down speeds

Thread Information