My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Some 'Cosmoron' guy emailed this to me, I thought it was worth sharing, IMO, very impressive stuff, lots of work put into it... makes you wonder, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IT always sounds good until you dig into what it would really take for a flat earth.

Don't need anything beyond this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IT always sounds good until you dig into what it would really take for a flat earth.

pretty sure their theory would have a bunch of yellow lines pointing straight down. not that it would make sense

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

That's what turned you off this theory?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what turned you off this theory?
    Not really, but that is the easiest way to point out the stupidity. All in one easy to get picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Their theory is that the earth is not a disc like that but a cylinder and that cylinder is extremely long. When that happens the center of mass is much much farther down. If you have an infinitely long cylinder then it is straight down.

I've seen things come over the horizon on the ocean. I don't need more than that to discredit their theory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their theory is that the earth is not a disc like that but a cylinder and that cylinder is extremely long. When that happens the center of mass is much much farther down. If you have an infinitely long cylinder then it is straight down.

I've seen things come over the horizon on the ocean. I don't need more than that to discredit their theory.
    you havent heard the one where we live on a disk and the edges are surrounded by a tall ice wall aka game of thrones?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They really think there’s a hard s up there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you havent heard the one where we live on a disk and the edges are surrounded by a tall ice wall aka game of thrones?
    I have. They then speculate as to what is beyond that wall.

I really wish one of them will finally make the trip and film it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They really think there’s a hard s up there?
    Yes, because: bible.

A firmament, with stars attached it, with water beyond the s .

It is among some of the more ignorant in the bible. Anything that actually created the universe would know better. It is one of the reasons I am 100% certain that "bible God" doesn't exist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The fact that it is day in some parts of the world, while it is night in the other is all I need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny they think the sun is round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've read quite a few stupid theories. I was just pointing out the one that solves the problem presented here.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I was a little kid I always wondered why we did not fall off the earth. Also wondered why I could not jump up and have the earth spin underneath me. I also could not get any sort of grip on wind. It was depressing, and it really bothered me Watching leaves and flags... I put my hand out driving in the car and felt it but I could not see a damn thing and it bugged me to death.

Of course I also waited on our sidewalk for the airplane to pick my mom and dad up to go on vacation. The dissappointment of seeing a cab pull up... unbearable. I waited a Fkn hour outside in the summer making sure they would not miss the plane. And yeah, I played with magnets for hours trying to get it. After I learned wind was actually little particles, I thought the magnet had some way of squishing a lot of air (repulsion), or spreading it out really thin. But when I had my little brother hold two magnets apart and ran a hair through the middle and felt no " squished" air. It did not fit my model. F it. Was much more interested in repulsion because attraction was too common place with many metals. (Lots a stuff made of metal has Fe)

But these people are not 4 years old... And a 2 hr piece of crap...? That's a long time to spout complete nonsense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So we are all attracted to the Congo in Africa?

This diagram was made by a frustrated child.
    And damn the clouds must turn to ground fog on the edge of the disc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'll wait for Chris to give the official explanation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we are all attracted to the Congo in Africa?

This diagram was made by a frustrated child.
    And damn the clouds must turn to ground fog on the edge of the disc.
    You're only drawn to the Congo if you're on the right half of the discbubble. Everything on the left side just stays in place. That's why you don't notice it over here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'll wait for Chris to give the official explanation
    Was going to suggest the same thing. Maybe the resident flat earther can make an appearance.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched about 3/5th of the video. It's interesting even if one doesn't believe in the specific conspiracy theory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched about 3/5th of the video. It's interesting even if one doesn't believe in the specific conspiracy theory.
    Cool.

So in the first minute when they basically misrepresent what the 4 major religions thought for the first 4000 years, you were good. The majority of the first 4000 years people assumed the earth was round by almost all historical accounts. There were groups, that had nothing to do with religion, who assumed the earth was flat. Immediately, a misrepresentation. Then to assume because we have been taught the truth as we know it starting at a very early age it must be false, or we should disregard it... Yeah that's cool to. It's a good study in blatant misrepresentation, I guess we should be into that. If that's what you mean. So because we draw maps on 2-d paper... It's flat. Dammit, where is that 3-d paper, and make it round.

"Little Cutfer, stay away from the edge of that cliff, you could fall and hurt yourself" Question that immediately dammit. Go try it out for yourself. Those old ones, with experience in the world, they will lie. , they might tell you about the Easter bunny as well... "as far back as when we were hunter-gatherers, people believed that bunnies planted colored eggs..." shocking and interesting. F'N old folks.

What is interesting is the history of why we know the Earth is round before we had any ability to get into the air. From way back why we assumed the earth was round, all the way to basic observation and geometry that was really neat proof of why the Earth is round. This is what should be taught. The actual geometry that the Greeks and others used is a little difficult, But the basic observation and basic geometry are not. The history of why we know the earth is round, good stuff. The physics of falling objects shot horizontally leading to orbiting a round earth.

Some people like good narrator voices.
    Next up, why water is not really H2O. Should be a fascinating 2 hour pile oh crap.

"No one, not one person, has ever even actually seen a water molecule! Yet from an early age we are taught...."

Riveting stuff.
    Find that for us.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-19-2017 at 08:44 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Cool.

So in the first minute when they basically misrepresent what the 4 major religions thought for the first 4000 years, you were good. The majority of the first 4000 years people assumed the earth was round by almost all historical accounts. There were groups, that had nothing to do with religion, who assumed the earth was flat. Immediately, a misrepresentation. Then to assume because we have been taught the truth as we know it starting at a very early age it must be false, or we should disregard it... Yeah that's cool to. It's a good study in blatant misrepresentation, I guess we should be into that. If that's what you mean. So because we draw maps on 2-d paper... It's flat. Dammit, where is that 3-d paper, and make it round.

"Little Cutfer, stay away from the edge of that cliff, you could fall and hurt yourself" Question that immediately dammit. Go try it out for yourself. Those old ones, with experience in the world, they will lie. , they might tell you about the Easter bunny as well... "as far back as when we were hunter-gatherers, people believed that bunnies planted colored eggs..." shocking and interesting. F'N old folks.

What is interesting is the history of why we know the Earth is round before we had any ability to get into the air. From way back why we assumed the earth was round, all the way to basic observation and geometry that was really neat proof of why the Earth is round. This is what should be taught. The actual geometry that the Greeks and others used is a little difficult, But the basic observation and basic geometry are not. The history of why we know the earth is round, good stuff. The physics of falling objects shot horizontally leading to orbiting a round earth.

Next up, why water is not really H2O. Should be a fascinating 2 hour pile oh crap.

"No one, not one person, has ever even actually seen a water molecule! Yet from an early age we are taught...."

Riveting stuff.
    Find that for us.
    Thanks.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool.

Riveting stuff.
    Find that for us.
    Thanks.
    Meh. I don't get heated up about overstating or misrepresenting religuon/science. What I found interesting was the world governments secretive work on Antarctica and the lack of Hollywood coverage on actual space exploration.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information