Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just hoping this team can click eventually. No one like Timmy though.
    It's like trying to move on from the greatest partner you ever had.
    Nobody was at fault, it just had to happen, but there you are- still having to move forward and you already know that whoever comes in won't stack up to who has been there already.

It's a mild form of torture, to be sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the Warriors were pretty much finished after '16 granted I felt they would have won that series against the Cavs had Draymond not gotten suspended. With that being said I felt the suspension destroyed the momentum they had in that series and once Lebron asserted himself along with Kyrie it was pretty much over for them. I thought Lebron and Kyrie exposed a lot of weaknesses that they had just like you said above they didn't have a player who could psychically impose his will when they desperately needed to get a bucket. Obviously Durant has now change the whole entire complexion of their team.
    Curry was 28, Green and Thompson were 26 and none suffered career altering injuries. Even without Durant, there weren't going anywhere. The question would have been, how many times would Cavaliers, Thunder and Spurs, have emasculated them?

I don't blame them for recruiting Durant, but at the same time, short of James signing with Rockets and them beating them, we'll never know if they could have been real champions (given Cavaliers' injuries, they didn't face a single contender in '15) and if so, how many times? That was what they forfeited by signing him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry was 28, Green and Thompson were 26 and none suffered career altering injuries. Even without Durant, there weren't going anywhere. The question would have been, how many times would Cavaliers, Thunder and Spurs, have emasculated them?

I don't blame them for recruiting Durant, but at the same time, short of James signing with Rockets and them beating them, we'll never know if they could have been real champions (given Cavaliers' injuries, they didn't face a single contender in '15) and if so, how many times? That was what they forfeited by signing him.
    Obviously they were still young but I thought them losing to the Cavs in '16 was psychologically devastating much like the Mavs choke job against Miami in '06. Mavs eventually did win in '11 but you saw how long it took them to recover. The warriors would have still been a top team in the west but I felt they were going to be a team that would choke consistently in the playoffs when facing a challenging rival like the Thunder,Spurs,Cavs and even the Rox.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

We can't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone?

Told you its all shtick now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

its obvious people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pity bump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is coaching by picking his nose and flicking a boogie on the wall to see what sticks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How bout now?

Thread Information