Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop does not want to be coaching anymore. I'm talking about him just really no longer having the drive to be diligent everyday on improving the team. Instead, it's just whatever the he feels like whenever he feels like it. If they win, great. If they lose, it's just basketball.

Can't really say I blame him. He got pulled back in by Aldridge. He old and tired.

Dude just needs to retire already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really wants to recruit for USA basketball though (keeping LeBron and Co on board for another Olympics, etc) so I can't see him retiring for another few seasons.

I do agree he's bored with regular season basketball and really the NBA in general.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he knows the spurs aren't going to pass the third seed, so they can lose some games.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    He really wants to recruit for USA basketball though (keeping LeBron and Co on board for another Olympics, etc) so I can't see him retiring for another few seasons.

I do agree he's bored with regular season basketball and really the NBA in general.
    I can see that Olympic not winning gold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t agree and I’m curious what you saw in this game that you think that. I saw players who couldn’t hit a shot to save their life.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You my UZER. But this is a frustration thread. With all Pop's Trump bull , I'm still not taking cheap shots either. Maybe, his interest wanes. But he's putting in some work, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t agree and I’m curious what you saw in this game that you think that. I saw players who couldn’t hit a shot to save their life.
    I saw a coach who sat on the sidelines and watched his team hemorrhage without doing much of anything to energize his team, make any adjustments or halt the Mavs' momentum. When the game ended the Spurs had 2 timeouts left. Pop saving them for the Rockets' game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its just not about this game.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed fully with OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a freaking one game. Kawhi has to be acclimated back, and it disrupted the flow a bit. Just need a game or two

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a freaking one game. Kawhi has to be acclimated back, and it disrupted the flow a bit. Just need a game or two
    Pretty much this it could take a few games for the team to get used to playing with Kawhi again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You my UZER. But this is a frustration thread. With all Pop's Trump bull , I'm still not taking cheap shots either. Maybe, his interest wanes. But he's putting in some work, tbh.
    He just doesn't want to be there anymore. That's all I'm saying.

Hes a caricature of what he used to be. It's all about his shtick more than coaching now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta be more specific OP..

Pop is in a tough spot..he doesn't have 4 ALL-NBA players or arguably the best player of all time...

Literally just got his best player back tonight...so once again be more specific on your criticisms

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's been this way for a few yrs now.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. Carlisle, Kerr, Rivers, and Donovan just have his number

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. Carlisle, Kerr, Rivers, and Donovan just have his number
    I'll give you Rivers and Donovan. They both out coached Pop in '15 and '16. Pop is 2-1 all time against Carlisle in the playoffs. Also last year I wouldn't call Kerr owning Pop once Kawhi got injured. Spurs had no chance in once that injury happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give you Rivers and Donovan. They both out coached Pop in '15 and '16. Pop is 2-1 all time against Carlisle in the playoffs. Also last year I wouldn't call Kerr owning Pop once Kawhi got injured. Spurs had no chance in once that injury happened.
    Pop hack-a'd his own team out of the '15 series won against Doc. Getting too cute. Again, shtick over coaching.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop hack-a'd his own team out of the '15 series won against Doc. Getting too cute. Again, shtick over coaching.
    I agree I felt the Spurs had the momentum in game 6 of that series until Pop went to the hack a Jordan. It disrupted the Spurs offensive flow and they never seemed to recover after it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree I felt the Spurs had the momentum in game 6 of that series until Pop went to the hack a Jordan. It disrupted the Spurs offensive flow and they never seemed to recover after it.
    Exactly what I was referring to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw a coach who sat on the sidelines and watched his team hemorrhage without doing much of anything to energize his team, make any adjustments or halt the Mavs' momentum. When the game ended the Spurs had 2 timeouts left. Pop saving them for the Rockets' game?
    Wow. Great observation.
    Maybe he needed to get thrown out and let Messina coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    been happening a lot, esp in 1st qtr, coming out cold, getting in a hole

and not blowing out anybody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Great observation.
    Maybe he needed to get thrown out and let Messina coach.
    He just sits on his hands any more and watches the Spurs squander possession after possession. He does very little to try to halt our skids or the opponents' runs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure because the team is underachieving without a top 3 NBA player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much this it could take a few games for the team to get used to playing with Kawhi again.
    But Kawhi didn't play a single minute in the 4th quarter which was the Spurs' worst quarter.

Tonight game was just a combo of Pop crazy rotations in the 2nd half and some guys underperforming.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    same here. Only Kawhi and Gay shot above 50, other than that is was a crapfest. You guys want Pop to sub in and make shots too.

Thread Information