Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't want to see Manu-Forbes-Mills playing together anymore. That 3 man lineup has a DefRtg of 127.1 and NetRtg of -18 over 98 minutes (https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanc...roupQuan y=3), the worst of all combinations that have been played 80+ minutes. When you also throw in Lauvergne the defense just becomes a total train wreck.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't want to see Manu-Forbes-Mills playing together anymore. That 3 man lineup has a DefRtg of 127.1 and NetRtg of -18 over 98 minutes (https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanc...roupQuan y=3), the worst of all combinations that have been played 80+ minutes. When you also throw in Lauvergne the defense just becomes a total train wreck.
    I tried to warn everyone about this.

Going ultra small with Manu or Forbes at SF will kill the perimeter defense off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Going ultra small with Manu or Forbes at SF will kill the perimeter defense off the bench.
    I feel like Pop likes Forbes game and wants to fit him in but the microcombos are extremely defensively challenged. Even in the first half they couldn’t stop anybody, but at least they were making shots.

Team misses Kawhi and Kyle period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it sounds crazy but I'd love to see Kawhi come in and roll with his own crew...Joffre/Pau, Kyle/Gay, Kawhi, Mills/Forbes, Murray/Parker.

Let Aldridge and company keep doing their thing.

I think we have 2 very solid starting teams to run at other teams where we have a solid star to superstar on the court at all times.

Then let the situation at the end of games dictate which of them need to be on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Pop likes Forbes game and wants to fit him in but the microcombos are extremely defensively challenged. Even in the first half they couldn’t stop anybody, but at least they were making shots.

Team misses Kawhi and Kyle period.
    Yep, we were getting abused the other night vs Detroit (IIRC) in microcombo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it sounds crazy but I'd love to see Kawhi come in and roll with his own crew...Joffre/Pau, Kyle/Gay, Kawhi, Mills/Forbes, Murray/Parker.

Let Aldridge and company keep doing their thing.

I think we have 2 very solid starting teams to run at other teams where we have a solid star to superstar on the court at all times.

Then let the situation at the end of games dictate which of them need to be on the floor.
    Hardwood Hockey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agree to keep Joff strictly for foul trouble or emergency..and Forbes has earned his spot but if he's "off" like tonight Pop can't ride that hand too much.

So you don't think Pau should start? Who should start? I don't disagree with that but I just don't see how you can make that change with Kyle being hurt and literally never seeing LMA, Gay and Kawhi on th court..

Would prefer:

Parker-Green-Leonard-Gay-Aldridge
    Mills-Forbes-Manu-Anderson-Gasol

Parker-Mills-Murray
    Green-Manu-White
    *Leonard-Forbes- Paul
    Gay-Anderson-Bertans
    Aldridge-Gasol

*(Forbes plays the minutes behind Kawhi but Manu would be the three in the Mills-Forbes-Manu-Anderson-Gasol bench unit)

Gasol has played well but moving him to the bench opens up minutes for Anderson and Forbes with Bertans having a clearer path to playing time as well.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Derrick Whits is better than Forbes as a shooting guard. He's also better than Paul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night was a potentially ominous sign. With a close to full rotation, he initially (inexplicably) went with Lauvergne as the backup C, before going away from him in the 2nd half when he was reminded for the umpteenth time in the past 3+ seasons, that this team labors to score. The 10th man needs to be one of Bertans, Forbes or Paul, depending on match-up and whose playing well.

I don't think a rotation can really be stable unless Pau comes off the bench. You have a projected top 10 of Parker, Green. Leonard, Aldridge, Gasol, Mills, Ginobili, Anderson, Gay and...

Starting Pau almost forces Lauvergne to play some minutes. Then as you said, Paul and Murray played the rest of 10th-man. Seems more logical to make Joff strictly emergency/filler and give Forbes, Murray and Paul the chance for the final spot.
    Whether starting or off the bench, Gasol isn't being limited to roughly 12 mpg (in non blowouts) backing up Aldridge. So the question is, do you prefer the other roughly 12 mpg that he's inevitably going to get, to come in the first 6 minutes of the 1st and 3rd quarters or at some other point? To me, as long as it's generally not the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter (in non blowouts), I don't really care.

Lauvergne can be strictly emergency/filler with Gasol starting. We've already seen it in a bunch of games.

Forbes shouldn't enter until early 2nd and 4th quarters, when Parker and Green re-enter for Mills and Ginobili.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Everyone but the head coach thought it was an atrocious combo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone but the head coach thought it was an atrocious combo.
    Them playing together has nothing to do with their defense and everything to do how they fit offensively...

Bette stat to gauge their success is offensive rating not defensive lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol stat

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, once everybody is healthy, there is no reason for Lauvergne to ever be on the court. Sub Gasol out early, and then him and LMA are not on the court together the rest of the game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker - Green - Kawhi - Kyle - LA
    Forbes - Manu - Gay - Bertans - Gasol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Gay & Leonard both can run pick and roll with Aldridge
    2. Gay & Leonard can run P-N-R with each other
    3. All 3 can post up (abuse teams going small)
    4. Pair Green with them for defense/shooting
    5. Parker
    2nd unit: mills,Gino,Kyle,Bertans,Pau

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You beat me to it! Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, once everybody is healthy, there is no reason for Lauvergne to ever be on the court. Sub Gasol out early, and then him and LMA are not on the court together the rest of the game
    word

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During the dallas-spurs game, leonard used the pick provided by gasol throughout maybe that's why he didn’t get his touches. In that line up is aldridge going to be the designated pick setter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think a rotation can really be stable unless Pau comes off the bench. You have a projected top 10 of Parker, Green. Leonard, Aldridge, Gasol, Mills, Ginobili, Anderson, Gay and...

Starting Pau almost forces Lauvergne to play some minutes. Then as you said, Paul and Murray played the rest of 10th-man. Seems more logical to make Joff strictly emergency/filler and give Forbes, Murray and Paul the chance for the final spot.
    WHat do you think of Pops rotation? He definitely went back to starting and playing Pau 30 minutes..

I thought good call on having Rudy on the bench for now. He looked rusty.

However, I don’t like Pop playing 12 guys this late. It would have been 13 if Danny had been available. That’s too many. He might be doing it bc there’s no garbage time for some guys to get some play, and it probably doesn’t matter but it is unusual and gives me the impression he’s not sure what to do at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes needs to be out of the lineup completely. If a young guy is given some run it needs to be White. Forbes is a matador on the defensive end...a matador who can't stop his momentum and falls into the bull shooting his 3.

His -19 in 6 minutes against Denver last night was no fluke. He is wasted space at the NBA level. He doesn't belong on an NBA roster....terrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not shooting well from 2 either and he doesn’t do anything else but shoot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not shooting well from 2 either and he doesn’t do anything else but shoot.
    Rich mans patty mills tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHat do you think of Pops rotation? He definitely went back to starting and playing Pau 30 minutes..

I thought good call on having Rudy on the bench for now. He looked rusty.

However, I don’t like Pop playing 12 guys this late. It would have been 13 if Danny had been available. That’s too many. He might be doing it bc there’s no garbage time for some guys to get some play, and it probably doesn’t matter but it is unusual and gives me the impression he’s not sure what to do at this point.
    Everyone on the team other than LMA and maybe Mills is playing worse than they had been earlier. The rotation can't stabilize when you can't count on more than one guy night in and night out. Pop NEEDS to play 10 guys, but right now he's hoping that 8/13 guys can do enough to be pluses on the court. He's been getting four or five instead.

Gay should stay on the bench with Joff (I'll clean the vomit up later). Have Murray, Green, Anderson, Aldridge and Gasol start and Parker, Mills, Manu, Gay and Joff off the bench. Mills starting would likely lead to a better balance in the unit, but that would depend on Kyle stepping up offensively (would be the only perimeter play-maker). The team is struggling with Parker/Mills as a backcourt, but Patty is playing too well and Tony is not going to be benched.

Pop should just put Forbes, Bertans and Paul on the deep bench in situational lineups only. They all have their positives, but they can't be counted on game in and game out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think i'd prefer;

Murray-Mills-Green-Anderson-LMA

Parker-Manu-Gay-Bertans-Joff

tbh.

Thread Information