Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone on the team other than LMA and maybe Mills is playing worse than they had been earlier. The rotation can't stabilize when you can't count on more than one guy night in and night out. Pop NEEDS to play 10 guys, but right now he's hoping that 8/13 guys can do enough to be pluses on the court. He's been getting four or five instead.

Gay should stay on the bench with Joff (I'll clean the vomit up later). Have Murray, Green, Anderson, Aldridge and Gasol start and Parker, Mills, Manu, Gay and Joff off the bench. Mills starting would likely lead to a better balance in the unit, but that would depend on Kyle stepping up offensively (would be the only perimeter play-maker). The team is struggling with Parker/Mills as a backcourt, but Patty is playing too well and Tony is not going to be benched.

Pop should just put Forbes, Bertans and Paul on the deep bench in situational lineups only. They all have their positives, but they can't be counted on game in and game out.
    Thanks for replying. . Good take. It's so late to be playing all 13 guys and Pop has changed them around so often this season. They have very little margin for error now.

In terms of performance, I have been most disappointed with Gasol. Hopefully he gets his game back bc he's in negative impact territory for many games now. He really struggles with the fast perimeter teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What rotation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think i'd prefer;

Murray-Mills-Green-Anderson-LMA

Parker-Manu-Gay-Bertans-Joff

tbh.
    Like this too.

I am really not a big fan of the two big lineups since last year and although Pau started the season really well, he has fizzled out. There's no way he gets benched now after he made such a big deal about it to Young though.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw some of the worst displays of team defense committed by Forbes & Joeff last night. They are not helpful at all & make way too many mistakes on d to be counted on .Cut them out of rotation to spot mins is a good start, pop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the insistence on being as imbalanced and playing as many players as possible. The starting lineup is huge, but has no perimeter scorer/creator, two non shooters and only one high volume, above average range shooter, while the bench is so tiny that constant mixing and matching is required because they can't all play together. None of it makes any sense.

Gay/Bertans
    Green/Anderson
    Aldridge/Gasol
    Mills/Ginobili
    Murray/Parker

Would only play Bertans spot minutes though. If they're doing their usual can't hit a 3 to save their life routine and he's on, he plays more at the expense of Anderson or Mills. If not, he doesn't.

I think i'd prefer;

Murray-Mills-Green-Anderson-LMA

Parker-Manu-Gay-Bertans-Joff

tbh.
    Lauvergne over Gasol. Every player goes through slumps, but even at his worst, there's far more upside to the latter than the former even at his best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the insistence on being as imbalanced and playing as many players as possible. The starting lineup is huge, but has no perimeter scorer/creator, two non shooters and only one high volume, above average range shooter, while the bench is so tiny that constant mixing and matching is required because they can't all play together. None of it makes any sense.

Gay/Bertans
    Green/Anderson
    Aldridge/Gasol
    Mills/Ginobili
    Murray/Parker

Would only play Bertans spot minutes though. If they're doing their usual can't hit a 3 to save their life routine and he's on, he plays more at the expense of Anderson or Mills. If not, he doesn't.

Lauvergne over Gasol. Every player goes through slumps, but even at his worst, there's far more upside to the latter than the former even at his best.

I actually forgot about Gasol tbh. Chain Joff to the deep bench, Saw style .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much better rotation management this game.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Much better rotation management this game.
    And the best part of the rotation.. .

Bertans 1 minute
    Laughverne 5 minutes

Thread Information