Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You tried the faux intellectualism and made that silly ass remark about tribalism. Now you say there is no definition for it, so it's Spurminator's version of tribalism that indicates low intelligence, which just happens to be whatever is convenient for the discussion. It's obvious you aren't interested in backing up your statement.

Thanks for clearing it up.
    Didn't say that either.

You're really trying hard here to direct the conversation where you want it to go, but it's way too transparent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do white Democrats typically fare with the black vote? How did Tim Scott do in South Carolina?

I didn't say it only applies to white people. There are absolutely tribalist blacks who are unintelligent. You're equating blacks voting along Democrat party lines with tribalism, and you're trying to validate your own feelings about black voters through me. Not gonna work, sucka.
    If they are doing it for the reasons stated in the Washington Post, then sure. It meets the definition.

You're the one who attached the "low intelligence" label. now you want to project that onto me. You deal with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they are doing it for the reasons stated in the Washington Post, then sure. It meets the definition.
    Well maybe if we were talking about the Washington Post article when I brought it up, you would have a point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you missed the questions about Tim Scott and white Democrats. Still looking up Tim Scott?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't say that either.

You're really trying hard here to direct the conversation where you want it to go, but it's way too transparent.
    It's valid. Trump was abandoned by every Republican non-politician that anyone would consider a conservative intellect. His appeal, outside of empty greed, is exclusively tribal, and tribalism is a characteristic of lower intelligence.
    Well maybe if we were talking about the Washington Post article when I brought it up, you would have a point.
    So if we aren't talking about the dictionary, none of the word meanings actually matter?

The WaPo article was taken from data posted on many MSM sites.

I'm not going to continue this. You obviously have no intention of supporting your statement, even though you'll swear otherwise. Anyone who gives a can read it all and decide for themselves.

No, I'm not looking up Tim Scott. I don't care for your tangents. You moved the goalposts and want me to play along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "If you don't use the definition I've chosen based on a separate article we're not discussing, then you must not believe there's any definition for it."

Okay. Bye then!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "If you don't use the definition I've chosen based on a separate article we're not discussing, then you must not believe there's any definition for it."

Okay. Bye then!
    The article didn't define tribalism. It established that blacks vote based on a black utility heuristic. It doesn't even mention tribalism. The black utility heuristic is tribalism defined, ergo low intelligence, according to you.
    You again, trying to use slight of hand to hide your up.

You have no idea, do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article didn't define tribalism. It established that blacks vote based on a black utility heuristic. It doesn't even mention tribalism. The black utility heuristic is tribalism defined, ergo low intelligence, according to you.
    You again, trying to use slight of hand to hide your up.

You have no idea, do you?
    Welcome back!

As a reminder, here is my initial comment that you've taken two pages worth of issue with:

Trump was abandoned by every Republican non-politician that anyone would consider a conservative intellect. His appeal, outside of empty greed, is exclusively tribal, and tribalism is a characteristic of lower intelligence.
    So nothing about a "white utility heuristic" or anything similar to what your article that didn't define or mention tribalism covered.

Now, please point to an example of a black candidate who has displayed the same kind of tribalism that Trump appealed to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now, please point to an example of a black candidate who has displayed the same kind of tribalism that Trump appealed to.[/COLOR]
    Marion Berry

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maxine Waters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same as Trump? Wall-building, Muslim-su ious, make America great again Trump?

Explain.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same as Trump? Wall-building, Muslim-su ious, make America great again Trump?

Explain.
    Meh, while not "white nationalist" appeals, both appeal to the "disenfranchised black" and not many, if any, "intellectuals" support/supported them.

Appealing to tribalist voting blocks is the tangent I was drawing a comparison to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome back!

As a reminder, here is my initial comment that you've taken two pages worth of issue with:

So nothing about a "white utility heuristic" or anything similar to what your article that didn't define or mention tribalism covered.

Now, please point to an example of a black candidate who has displayed the same kind of tribalism that Trump appealed to.
    "and tribalism is a characteristic of lower intelligence"

You don't say "Trump tribalism...." just "tribalism".

I showed you the definition of tribalism, and how black voters meet that definition.

My work is done. I don't need to provide any black candidates to illustrate that you consider black voters to have lower intelligence because of tribalism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, while not "white nationalist" appeals, both appeal to the "disenfranchised black" and not many, if any, "intellectuals" support/supported them.

Appealing to tribalist voting blocks is the tangent I was drawing a comparison to.
    I mean I can agree to some extent that Waters plays up the black victimization role and probably gets some of the tribalist black vote as a result. I think her success is due primarily to in bency as the Democrat candidate at this point. I couldn't say for sure that she'd be a lock against another strong Democrat challenger, but if the challenger was white? Sure, she'd probably get a lot of votes on race alone.

I'm not really familiar with Barry's political career other than the crack, tbh.

Trump beat a dozen other white primary candidates because of his message, not his race.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i guess it was a slow weekend.

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    lol Steve Urkel makes his comeback.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Steve Urkel makes his comeback.

I saw that today. lol

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had the golden goose in acting and decided he should still have a go at basketball.

Thread Information