Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think it's the white trash voting and the non white trash staying home?
    Not how elections work, dude.
    It happened in that election which is why he lost.

And as for them being white trash, they voted for a child molester.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It happened in that election which is why he lost.

And as for them being white trash, they voted for a child molester.
    Poor dumb people don't vote; fact of life, bro.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can go around and cherry pick stupid responses from every different section of the population. It doesn't prove the entire group is faulty. There's a reason these people wanted Trump in office (over Hillary). People who have lost their jobs, about to lose their homes and such, don't see status quo or "my turn" democrat wives as making anything better for them. They think Trump is going to do some really radical to change their fortunes. It's easy for some of us who have seen steady to good increases in our retirement accounts, our home values, and incomes over the past 20 years to think we just need some minor adjustments, to worry about climate change, to have universal healthcare, etc... but when you're working your ass off and have nothing to show for it while the grocery stores are full of people with 4 shopping carts of groceries and a food stamp card, driving a new car, living in subsidized housing and never having to pay a medical bill... that weighs on them. Small business owners feel it as well as they see their profits diminish because they have to meet stringent guidelines that keep the big players fat and the mom and pop folks struggling.

Same as always, just different people pocketing the cash.
    Preach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can go around and cherry pick stupid responses from every different section of the population. It doesn't prove the entire group is faulty. There's a reason these people wanted Trump in office (over Hillary). People who have lost their jobs, about to lose their homes and such, don't see status quo or "my turn" democrat wives as making anything better for them. They think Trump is going to do some really radical to change their fortunes. It's easy for some of us who have seen steady to good increases in our retirement accounts, our home values, and incomes over the past 20 years to think we just need some minor adjustments, to worry about climate change, to have universal healthcare, etc... but when you're working your ass off and have nothing to show for it while the grocery stores are full of people with 4 shopping carts of groceries and a food stamp card, driving a new car, living in subsidized housing and never having to pay a medical bill... that weighs on them. Small business owners feel it as well as they see their profits diminish because they have to meet stringent guidelines that keep the big players fat and the mom and pop folks struggling.

Same as always, just different people pocketing the cash.
    I'm talking about his base that 20-30% that won't leave him. There is a lot of those ing people in this country like the ones in that video. Way more than anyone thought. The last two years have proved that if anything.

If you read the college section here it talks about both issues in terms of the successful and not successful you're talking about https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...really/471714/

Like 80% of the manufacturing jobs lost the past 50 years have been lost to due to automation in a study I read. Among the Trump base they don't want to hear that they want to hear that globalization took their jobs away, that it was the Mexicans, and the foreigners etc which is stupid and should be called out as such. I mean you can raise tariffs to a trillion percent those 1950s manufacturing jobs are not coming back. So they vote for a guy who was going to reopen the coal plants and bring back manufacturing. The else can you call it but stupid.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right; but muh daddy issues

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm talking about his base that 20-30% that won't leave him. There is a lot of those ing people in this country like the ones in that video. Way more than anyone thought. The last two years have proved that if anything.

If you read the college section here it talks about both issues in terms of the successful and not successful you're talking about https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...really/471714/

Like 80% of the manufacturing jobs lost the past 50 years have been lost to due to automation in a study I read. Among the Trump base they don't want to hear that they want to hear that globalization took their jobs away, that it was the Mexicans, and the foreigners etc which is stupid and should be called out as such. I mean you can raise tariffs to a trillion percent those 1950s manufacturing jobs are not coming back. So they vote for a guy who was going to reopen the coal plants and bring back manufacturing. The else can you call it but stupid.
    Same on both sides. Your take on it is superficially pragmatic but short sighted. There's no quick fix, but there's more than just "change" that Obama talked about that ended up being not really change. I see all these comments about wanting change, but most of us won't like it when it happens. Who says change will benefit us personally? It might not. I'm not ok with that. At the end of the day, I need to have my haul. I hope you get yours, but I'm not a martyr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like one thing we need to make absolutely clear here. In the GOP primaries he got dominated among intelligent people ing dominated like wrecked beyond Oblivion. I mean this is just a fact.

The single best predictor of Trump support in the GOP primary is the absence of a college degree. In an analysis of Trump's blowout win in New Hampshire, Evan Soltas determined that the factor explaining most of the variance in Trump's support in New Hampshire was education.
    “For every 1 percentage point more college graduates over the age of 25, Donald Trump's share of votes falls by 0.65 percentage points,” he said."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/who-are-donald-trumps-supporters-really/471714/

Anyone would just like a single brain cell was like " this . it to "

And these aren't lib s who were brainwashed by the college these are Republicans. When the general election rolled around they hated Hillary so much and the Supreme Court seat was open so they got out and voted for him. Plus Hillary was awful so some left-wing traditional democratic voters stayed home. But his base is the Derptacular/Chris Benghazi was an inside job crowd and if they want to end political correctness they can expect to be called ing re ed

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like one thing we need to make absolutely clear here. In the GOP primaries he got dominated among intelligent people ing dominated like wrecked beyond Oblivion. I mean this is just a fact.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/who-are-donald-trumps-supporters-really/471714/

And these aren't lib s who were brainwashed by the college these are Republicans. When the general election rolled around they hated Hillary so much and the Supreme Court seat was open so they got out and voted for him. Plus Hillary was awful so some left-wing traditional democratic voters stayed home. But his base is the Derptacular/Chris Benghazi was an inside job crowd and if they want to end political correctness they can expect to be called ing re ed
    How many people with degrees / advanced degrees wanted Hitlery? Your point is .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LIke Romney had the opposite problem he did well among the college educated but poor among the white trash.

Diplomas are what Ron Brownstein calls the “new Republican fault line.” In 2012, Mitt Romney struggled for months to consolidate support because, even as he had clear support among college-educated Republicans, he fared worse among non-college voters

You could argue about why that is but I'll say it's because he didn't want to build a wall to keep the Mexicans out. People he said weren't sending good hard working people over here just the criminals and rapist rapists, nor ban the evil Muslims, promise to bring back coal jobs, and say tons of offensive ridiculous bull just to get a reaction. Plus a whole lot of low grade anti-intellectual nonsense about sticking it to the elites about and taking on all the more successful people in the country who look down on "Middle America" to appeal to the crude bigoted white trash in the GOP base.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many people with degrees / advanced degrees wanted Hitlery? Your point is .
    Uh Hillary dominated the college educated vote lol. And if she had run against like Romney or someone like Ben Sasse or Rubio or something for instance she would not have done nearly as well

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh Hillary dominated the college educated vote lol. And if she had run against like Romney or someone like Ben Sasse or Rubio or something for instance she would not have done nearly as well
    Hillary is corruption personified. If people with degrees are going to go for that, then I'd say a degree is pretty ing pointless in the equation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just want to clarify I got a little carried away with hyperbole. Thing we forget even in these red or blue states where a lot of times it's like 60/40 and a big win for one side that still means like 40% of the people voted for the other side do it's still a lot of people. I mean if he lost 62-38 among smart/college educated people that's still a lot of smart people who voted for him but trendwise not good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So now you equate having a brain to having a degree? Do you even work with any degreed people? If you did you'd probably rethink that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now you equate having a brain to having a degree? Do you even work with any degreed people? If you did you'd probably rethink that.
    I would generally say a person with an advanced degree (-13 among men for Trump and -21 among women) is smarter than a high school dropout (+20 among men for Trump and +12 among women), yes.

I mean do we want to end political correctness here or not man? Or do we only wanna end it when it says things that are comforting to our own particular group?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would generally say a person with an advanced degree (-13 among men for Trump and -21 among women) is smarter than a high school dropout (+20 among men for Trump and +12 among women), yes.

I mean do we want to end political correctness here or not man? Or do we only wanna end it when it says things that are comforting to our own particular group?
    You're bifurcating. While having an advanced degree makes you more educated, it doesn't mean not having one makes you brainless. If you want to continue that line of reasoning you'll need to explain how the smarter people lost.

You are saying things that are comforting to your group. You're saying "yeah we lost but look at how stupid they are and how smart we are". You ing lost. How much does it matter that you have a degree if it doesn't help you win?

The American people are what they are, you can divide them into degreed/non-degreed and call one of them intelligent and the other stupid, but when the dust settles you're still on the losing side. Consider why.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Smarter" people are often voting for their own interests, not what's best for the country. It's no secret that Wall Street owned Hillary.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're bifurcating. While having an advanced degree makes you more educated, it doesn't mean not having one makes you brainless. If you want to continue that line of reasoning you'll need to explain how the smarter people lost.

You are saying things that are comforting to your group. You're saying "yeah we lost but look at how stupid they are and how smart we are". You ing lost. How much does it matter that you have a degree if it doesn't help you win?

The American people are what they are, you can divide them into degreed/non-degreed and call one of them intelligent and the other stupid, but when the dust settles you're still on the losing side. Consider why.
    Getting a degree is not about being on the winning political side. Are you saying if people with degrees were really smart they would have voted for the winning Presidential candidate? Those two things aren't remotely related. Voting isn't about predicting the winner.

Maybe you should take some advanced Logic courses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Smarter" people are often voting for their own interests, not what's best for the country. It's no secret that Wall Street owned Hillary.
    You keep mentioning Hillary. Hillary wasn't in the Republican primaries. Why did college educated REPUBLICANS vote against trump overwhelmingly? ie why did people who are way smarter than you make better decisions than you?

inb4 some totally self-flattering explanation about how people way smarter than Derptacular with advanced degrees didn't understand something that was so simple to him. Wall needed to keep the Mexicans from ruining his life etc

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting a degree is not about being on the winning political side.
    SMH

He didn't say that.

#Dumb

Today's chumpette.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep mentioning Hillary. Hillary wasn't in the Republican primaries. Why did college educated REPUBLICANS vote against trump overwhelmingly? ie why did people who are way smarter than you make better decisions than you?

inb4 some totally self-flattering explanation about how people way smarter than Derptacular with advanced degrees didn't understand something that was so simple to him. Wall needed to keep the Mexicans from ruining his life etc
    I have a college degree, dumb . And having known stupid people who graduated as well, I find your premise overstated in the first place. Also, your premise that college educated people are somehow altruistic and serve as an oracle of sorts is pretty ing re ed too.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SMH

He didn't say that.

#Dumb

Today's chumpette.
    "You ing lost. How much does it matter that you have a degree if it doesn't help you win?"

Perhaps some advanced reading courses would help you. I suggest starting at about a 6th grade level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can call it excuses but it's non-politically correct analysis of Trump voters which is 100% accurate imo. Saying they are generally much less intelligent than other people I mean maybe it's mean, maybe it sounds like I'm a liberal and I'm trying to console myself yada yada but whatever else it's 100% true regardless of who's saying it and what their motivation is tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a college degree, dumb . And having known stupid people who graduated as well, I find your premise overstated in the first place. Also, your premise that college educated people are somehow altruistic and serve as an oracle of sorts is pretty ing re ed too.
    No one saying this just that they generally make more intelligent, reasoned decisions. Also someone with an advanced degree is way ing smarter than a ing high school dropout. Jesus. Imagine trying to contort yourself to deny that like an M.D. is just as smart as a guy who didn't make it past the 10th grade because it makes your voting base look cooler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This whole thing is ridiculous. If the info showed that Trump voters had more advanced degrees and higher IQs Trump s would 100% use it to mock other people. No one in the world doubts that If they're being honest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a college degree, dumb . And having known stupid people who graduated as well...
    That's pretty funny right there

Thread Information