Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and Kawhi are both destroying the team by trotting him out on the court for 17mins....Either he can play or he can't play its that simple. I thought Lebron was bad but this takes the cake.
    When Kawhi is ready to play a basketball game put him on the court until then let him stay at wing stop and nurse a fake injury. Watching him in the game, he was nothing but a timid mouse
    trying to not touch or be touched. He looked like someone who just came back from two broken legs. Parker needs to show how to be a man and thats something I never thought I would say...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know what you're saying, but the Spurs were getting curb stomped regardless of how many minutes he played. They were up 15 in the first quarter and we lost by that.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The regular season is a glorified preseason anyways. Might as well put him out there for the fans and some high quality practice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely the most creative whining thread of the day

ElNono should take note about being original, instead of a poor copycat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker needs to show how to be a man and thats something I never thought I would say...
    MVParker

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and Kawhi are both destroying the team by trotting him out on the court for 17mins....Either he can play or he can't play its that simple. I thought Lebron was bad but this takes the cake.
    When Kawhi is ready to play a basketball game put him on the court until then let him stay at wing stop and nurse a fake injury. Watching him in the game, he was nothing but a timid mouse
    trying to not touch or be touched. He looked like someone who just came back from two broken legs. Parker needs to show how to be a man and thats something I never thought I would say...
    Pathetic whining after a loss per usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he played 35 minutes and we still lost you or someone else would have started a thread ing about running him into the ground his 2nd game back for no reason.

Did he truly look timid? I was at an office Christmas dinner. He was shut down by the time I started watching. Seventeen minutes isn't a problem IMO, but if it was a timid 17 minutes then I agree with that part and hope that goes away soon.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked timid? What kind of stupid remark was that? The guy was on his way to scoring or going over his usual stat line had he played his usual minutes. He looked good to me, other than looking a little fatigued at times but his conditioning will come back over time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks more like a conditioning issue to me. Does anyone else think he's playing scared or timid? I mean, he could be, but I'm noticing that it's more along the lines of him fatiguing quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    relax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked timid? What kind of stupid remark was that? The guy was on his way to scoring or going over his usual stat line had he played his usual minutes. He looked good to me, other than looking a little fatigued at times but his conditioning will come back over time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not timid. He's tired. I'm sure playing in an actual NBA game is way more taxing than whatever conditioning he has been doing.

Watching him live when they were in Dallas, you could see him clutching at his shorts quite a bit and bending over quite a bit during dead play.

I'm guessing giving him 17 minutes in the first half versus over the full game was to see how he did with a more normal rotation pattern.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Please stfu

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP doesn’t know what bringing someone back slowly means.. doesn’t understand that being in actual basketball shape is a lot different than being in regular shape.
    Yeah he’s screwing up the rhythm but this is necessary in the long run. Tony was doing the same thing but I guess you don’t care about Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude he came back and ing destroyed one of hardens shots after he got fouled on the other end with no call. Hes not timid. His conditioning is just really not close to where it needs to be right now imo. I think Pops bull of playing 10 guys in the first 6 minutes of the game ed us more than Kawhi playing off for 17 mins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still looks injured

Looks like a slower sligtly more re ed anderson

I sort of agree why not have him get conditioning by doing full scrimmages and in practice and not ing up our sorry rotation

Even porker came back in better game shape

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely the most creative whining thread of the day

ElNono should take note about being original, instead of a poor copycat.
    haters gonna hate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timid getting to the basket at will snatching rebounds. Ask Hardon if that block was timid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    December is historically a hard month for the Spurs. When they're kicking ass in March, no one will complain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny, Tony, Manu and Pau played pretty poorly, had moments of not grabbing rebounds for GAsol, TO for Manu, and Danny, Tony's defender didn't respect him off the ball, so the post offense didn't work very well with him there, Danny had a bad game in which he missed open shots, made bad decisions and generally got lost at times defensively whether it was sticking with a man when a teammate asked for a switch or whatever. These 4 didn't play well and that was game.

The bench played better. Hopefully they bring it against the Mavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Kawhi for a second round pick tbh. Unload this cancer before he gets injured again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed the whole game.
    I hope to watch it, some way, some how, but it won't glean much, I'm sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only issue I have with Pop with the Kawhi situation is that I think Kawhi should be coming off the bench until he builds up the stamina to start. This would allow Parker to remain the primary ballhandler and LMA as the primary scoring option. Even when Kawhi is back to 100% I think Pop should maximize Kawhi's playing time with the bench instead the starting unit because Kawhi is more free to be the main focus and it allows LMA more time to be the primary guy. Something like giving Kawhi the first 4 mins and last 4 mins of every quarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not timid. He's tired. I'm sure playing in an actual NBA game is way more taxing than whatever conditioning he has been doing.

Watching him live when they were in Dallas, you could see him clutching at his shorts quite a bit and bending over quite a bit during dead play.

I'm guessing giving him 17 minutes in the first half versus over the full game was to see how he did with a more normal rotation pattern.
    This 100%.......but still, what Pop is doing is overly cautious.

He's timid in the sense that if it were up to him he would have played a full game it's just not in his nature to demand it like some other star players.

None of this really matters anyway since he is a silent killer on the court. I''m expecting an MVP second half of the season
    Last edited by ceds; 12-16-2017 at 09:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it was more for rotations sake than anything else. Having him play the first six minutes of the 1st and 3rd and the final six minutes of the second with Gay playing the majority of the 4th may not have been something that Pop wanted to do.

Thread Information