Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dam son, you crack me up. I bet you been waiting to "own" someone all day.

But to remind you, I said that he's playing 3 minutes a game typically and not that he's not getting chances. Forbes impact on offense and improved defense and the fact that he's been in the system longer gives him the nod. Paul hasn't been hitting the three in awhile. He's shooting himself in the foot. He started the season on fire, but if he continues to play like this I'll concede. I'm not gonna SAGirl for BP3 but I think he'll do better with consistent role and minutes. It's hard to get rhythm which is consistent when you are getting inconsistent minutes. But he's a good prospect. Just needs to hit his shots.
    A soon to be 27 year old prospect, though?

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A soon to be 27 year old prospect, though?
    He doesn't have the length to be a playmaker defender, and the refs calling ticky tacky fouls on him discourages his toughness on D schtick. My eye test is that he's not getting any respect from the refs at all. I think he gets fouled on drives often and sells it, but the refs don't give him the benefit of the doubt and it looks bad. He's got a professional demeanor which I like. He knows how to play. He often makes the right pass. And I think he's a good defender. He moves his feet well. It's just size and length cause he has heart. But right now, he needs to get in the gym and start shooting threes, cause he's been missing em for awhile now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You raise fair points but if he doesn't start hitting shots soon, and once we're at full strength, he really is a candidate to be waived or sent to the g league. The way he's playing now doesn't belong on a contending team.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You raise fair points but if he doesn't start hitting shots soon, and once we're at full strength, he really is a candidate to be waived or sent to the g league. The way he's playing now doesn't belong on a contending team.
    yeah i agree. the guy has to hit shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that he's an end of the bench guy but other end of the bench guys the Spurs have had at least had a skill/physical trait that stood out.

Forbes, Bonner, Bertans, Paddy, Neal (shooting)
    Fathead (length/playmaking)
    Simmons (athleticism)
    De Culo (playmaking)
    Day (length/shooting)
    Boban, Baynes (size)

I know some of the guys moved up in the rotation eventually but they were all end of the bench guys at some point. I just don't see any one trait or skill for BP3 like I did for those guys, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't want a new Gary Neal?
    Gary "balls of steel" Neal could at least get you buckets and was clutch af, tbh.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not working sooner to find adequate replacements for the big 3 is going to bite them in the ass.
    I am curious, where were they going to find replacements for 3 hall of fame players with their draft position and budget in the big 3 era? When you are a perennial 50+ win team you can hope to strike lucky with picks in the 30s, or trade role players for higher selections. Spurs did a bit of both but still were never in a place to really replace Duncan.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gary "balls of steel" Neal could at least get you buckets and was clutch af, tbh.
    True. I actually liked Gary Neal. I just know he isn't a ST favorite.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh oh. Is he the next Ime?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. I actually liked Gary Neal. I just know he isn't a ST favorite.
    Could it be because he couldn't defend a shoeless player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh oh. Is he the next Ime?
    At least Ime is a solid assistant and helped get us Ma Touches, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think that it was because when he was due a new contract he wanted paid and his slightly younger version of it says I play pg but I am really a jump shooting 2 guard who brings the ball up when a real pg isn't around named Mills was on the roster so he went to a higher bidder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am curious, where were they going to find replacements for 3 hall of fame players with their draft position and budget in the big 3 era? When you are a perennial 50+ win team you can hope to strike lucky with picks in the 30s, or trade role players for higher selections. Spurs did a bit of both but still were never in a place to really replace Duncan.
    I said "adequate". Either way, they've had years to get started on it.

Pop is going to be lost when TP and Manu retire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No, he won't. He'll be retired, kicking it in Napa Valley, sipping on some wine while either Manu, Ime, Ettore, or Bud comes back to coach the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he won't. He'll be retired, kicking it in Napa Valley, sipping on some wine while either Manu, Ime, Ettore, or Bud comes back to coach the team.
    Didn't you hear? Pop is staying for LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let's put Aldridge in place of Duncan at PF/Center and Leonard in at wing to fill in where Ginobli isn't. Maybe a point guard to is needed let's take a flyer and see if Joseph could be that guy? Nope not working.... Well Murray has the physical tools to be a top notch pg and he's young let's coach him to try and replace Parker.... Now the rest of the roster as a mix of journeyman players and wiley vets.... Yeah looks like a pretty good carbon paper pressing of a team with a shot to get hot at the right time or an injury away. just not quite a sure fire contender without a top 10 all time player. Yeah consensus number 1 big men help especially if they are smart basketball players. Thanks David and Timmy you spoiled San Antonio with riches.

Put on some rose colored glasses and you can see some real strong parallels between say Kevin Willis or Antonio McDyess and Pau Gasol. How about Bertans and Bonner? It's not that the front office isn't really trying. It's that there are a couple of super teams floating around and the Spurs don't have an all time great to push them over the hump.
    Last edited by Gagnrath; 12-17-2017 at 12:43 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's put Aldridge in place of Duncan at PF/Center and Leonard in at wing to fill in where Ginobli isn't. Maybe a point guard to is needed let's take a flyer and see if Joseph could be that guy? Nope not working.... Well Murray has the physical tools to be a top notch pg and he's young let's coach him to try and replace Parker.... Now the rest of the roster as a mix of journeyman players and will vets.... Yeah looks like a pretty good carbon paper pressing of a team with a shot to get hot at the right time or an injury away. just not quite a sure fire contender without a top 10 all time player. Yeah consensus number 1 big men help especially if they are smart basketball players. Thanks David and Timmy you spoiled San Antonio with riches.
    My issue is with them not finding adequate playmakers to spot Tony and Manu. Kawhi, for as amazing as he is, is still missing this from his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the last 4 years what players from the say the #15 draft spot down have shown the sort of playmaker ability you are asking for? I am not knocking what you are saying, but proven playmaking is hard to buy or draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Movie was good but very long.
    Anyways not sure why I am tagged. I cited what Pop said about him. They hope that he will become a nice roleplayer, not some star. If he doesn’t turn into a contributor, then you lost nothing. He was an undrafted guy that cost them very little this season to try out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that he's an end of the bench guy but other end of the bench guys the Spurs have had at least had a skill/physical trait that stood out.

Forbes, Bonner, Bertans, Paddy, Neal (shooting)
    Fathead (length/playmaking)
    Simmons (athleticism)
    De Culo (playmaking)
    Day (length/shooting)
    Boban, Baynes (size)

I know some of the guys moved up in the rotation eventually but they were all end of the bench guys at some point. I just don't see any one trait or skill for BP3 like I did for those guys, tbh.
    I missed this game. Only caught the bad start then had to leave. He started the season shooting well which made one think he could shoot. It’s been spotty minutes here or there but if his shooting was just a mirage, it’s possible your evaluation is right. Probably too soon to say for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Simmons over Paul and Gasol tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't you hear? Pop is staying for LMA.
    Didn't you hear? TP wants to play for another 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he does absolutely no good at basketball, I'd rather give minutes to Blossomgame even with no experience in professional basketball than this scrub

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like him. Feel like he's someone who will grow into a solid role-player. As long as he stays in Pop's good graces, we'll see him be a solid contributor in the next year or two. Just isn't going to get enough playing time or experience this year, imo.
    because exactly? Does he go to church on Sundays, donate money to charity or something? I do not see how it is possible to like him for anything he did in court (and yes, I hope he gets better)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like him. Feel like he's someone who will grow into a solid role-player. As long as he stays in Pop's good graces, we'll see him be a solid contributor in the next year or two. Just isn't going to get enough playing time or experience this year, imo.
    Yeah I agree I don't think he should be judged too much this year for his contributions, more so to who he turns into with the team over the next two years.

Thread Information