Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it just me or is he mediocre in every aspect? Cant shoot, can't drive, poor handles, poor athleticism, too short, too slow, and his defense usually just consists of putting his hands straight up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He fools senile Spurs fans by telling them he's CP3. That's his role, tbh. He's worse than Gary "can't defend shoeless players" Neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He sometimes draws charges and gets Into passing lanes therefore he's an amazing defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like him. Feel like he's someone who will grow into a solid role-player. As long as he stays in Pop's good graces, we'll see him be a solid contributor in the next year or two. Just isn't going to get enough playing time or experience this year, imo.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get in here DAF86 SAGirl Dex raybies bklynspursfan ... forgetting others, will update after game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same re s that wanted Patty's culture over Kyrie and CP3, told me this bottom of the barrel scrub was better than Simmons

The only thing they have in common is they're 6'5 and darkskin. Shows you how racist these gots are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christ this defense. Making Dallas' scrubs look like All-Stars

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a ty youth program right now. Not one new player who you could see being an all star down the line under 25.

The front office isn’t even top ten anymore in this current NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes as good as delonte murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a ty youth program right now. Not one new player who you could see being an all star down the line under 25.

The front office isn’t even top ten anymore in this current NBA.
    Not working sooner to find adequate replacements for the big 3 is going to bite them in the ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was shooting lights out to start the season and making good decisions off the dribble. In a small funk right now...non issue imo.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing...he is garbage...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Porker

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it just me or is he mediocre in every aspect? Cant shoot, can't drive, poor handles, poor athleticism, too short, too slow, and his defense usually just consists of putting his hands straight up.
    You didn't want a new Gary Neal?

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    getting like 3 minutes a game typically. What do you want from the guy lol He's not a microwave player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This paul is going to surprise a few of you guys.......
    Interesting pick up. He's an inch taller than Donovan Mitc of the Jazz. He's got the same wingspan and almost the same vertical leap.

He could be a better defender than Simmons considering he's got the wingspan of Danny Green.
    I think as he continues to get more familiar, he could be a big part of the rotation as the season progresses. Glad Pop was able to see a lot of him this early on. His IQ, defense and of course shooting make him super valuable to this team.
    If you look at Paul's physical makeup it matches his mental makeup. He is a young man with the "Rookie" label. His body is physically ready, he is chiseled. He is not some 19-22 year inexperienced kid learning to play professionally, that has to grow up and gain muscle to handle the rigors. He is battle tested and hungry. He has struggled tryin to get to the NBA. He is mature. He wants to stay in the NBA. He could be the X factor for the Spurs.
    Hold on, there's more....
    I love Simmons athleticism. But BP3 is a better ball handler and overall more consistent player, plus he has beautiful strokes. He could be the backup PG against more athletic teams. Arguably BP3 >> CP3 for the price
    ^
    i like paul .he has an NBA rotation player feel and look to him. he has a nice shot, defensive athleticism. work ethic, and a nice degree of physicality. simmons always struck me as a flash in the pan and i always cringed when he took jump shots. when paul takes that jumper, i have more confidence he drains it than i ever did with j simms.
    Looks like Dimmons game with a better jump shot. And at a better price.
    Based solely on watching one minute of highlights on YT, he looks better than Simmons.

He looks pretty good. I don't get why Simmons got a shot in the NBA and Paul didn't until now. Again, it's just highlight videos, but he looks good. I always like a guy that can shoot. I think he has a higher ceiling than Simmons.
    Spurs may have signed the most useful Paul after all. Certainly per dollar he is.
    He's a polished player while Simmons is more raw. I want to see if Paul has the ability to play the PnR cause in today's NBA he would be more dangerous than Simms. He's a much better shooter and apparently passer. But yeah I mentioned something about his lateral quickness in the GT last night. I completely agree. He's tough as nails too. He played in the post against Olynk one possession, guarded Dragic... He's just a tough. Hope he's a Spur for a long time. Just don't know how all these guards factor into the equation cause even White has a great skill set.
    That dude is better than Simmons
    and the best for last.
    Better than Simmons.
    We got BP3 for Simmons. Who is a better player for 1/7th of the price.
    I would rather have Brandon a.k.a "better than Simmons" Paul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really root for all of our young guys. I hope they all become solid rotation players. But it is way too early to tell about BP3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hold on, there's more....

^

and the best for last.
    touche, still find something to about during a win...

I'll stand by what I said. Not gonna bump threads after every game. He's near the end of the bench now. Not even a fair fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted to keep Simmons. Great athlete, with some solid skill and he played tough.

I like BP3, too, just not as much upside - on and individual game or career basis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    touche, still find something to about during a win...

I'll stand by what I said. Not gonna bump threads after every game. He's near the end of the bench now. Not even a fair fight.
    God I love owning you. It's always so easy.

Paul has been afforded the most opportunities of any first year player since Kawhi in 2011, yet he still can't prove to Pop that he's no more than a scrub who's been cut by 14 teams going on 15

I never thought I'd see someone say he DOESN'T get the chances, but here we are. I guess we're pulling out of our asses when pinned into a corner.

Pop always tries to force him onto the rotation and he s it up instantaneously.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TheGreatYacht

Good find, bro. I'd take Simmons over BP3. Though my original post was a bit tongue n' cheek, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather had kept Simmons tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there's just no justifying Paul at this point. He is an end of the rotation player but he doesn't belong on a contender, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God I love owning you. It's always so easy.

Paul has been afforded the most opportunities of any first year player since Kawhi in 2011, yet he still can't prove to Pop that he's no more than a scrub who's been cut by 14 teams going on 15

I never thought I'd see someone say he DOESN'T get the chances, but here we are. I guess we're pulling out of our asses when pinned into a corner.

Pop always tries to force him onto the rotation and he s it up instantaneously.
    dam son, you crack me up. I bet you been waiting to "own" someone all day.

But to remind you, I said that he's playing 3 minutes a game typically and not that he's not getting chances. Forbes impact on offense and improved defense and the fact that he's been in the system longer gives him the nod. Paul hasn't been hitting the three in awhile. He's shooting himself in the foot. He started the season on fire, but if he continues to play like this I'll concede. I'm not gonna SAGirl for BP3 but I think he'll do better with consistent role and minutes. It's hard to get rhythm which is consistent when you are getting inconsistent minutes. But he's a good prospect. Just needs to hit his shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not Jonathon Simmons, also Im not sure he is 6´4¨.

Thread Information