Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took 44 minutes; but someone decided to finally start playing.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu realizing the Mavs had no timeouts and not afraid to break early for the game winner, too.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut your no lip mouth, Mormon.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard is Shaun Marion

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs finish the game on a 13-0 surge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a Jimmer fan

/thread

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a Jimmer fan

/thread
    All the gots coming out of the woodworks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a Jimmer fan

/thread
    Almost forgot about that... Jimma'

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a Jimmer fan

/thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loved his fast break drives to the rim, he reminds me a lot of pre injury Derrick Rose in that regard. Though his aggressiveness in the final five minutes helped us get the win.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loved his fast break drives to the rim, he reminds me a lot of pre injury Derrick Rose in that regard. Though his aggressiveness in the final five minutes helped us get the win.
    He brought pace and urgency and consistency when nobody else would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't see the floor the next 10 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good opportunity for growth for him. He played well against the Rockets too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was good offensively, he showed a lot of passion and urgency down the line. He realized he's got to run with the ball if he wants to be efficient because in the half court they guard him like Tony Allen and it clogs the lane for everyone else. To his credit he did hit a couple of Js. When he improves his shooting and starts playing more in control he'll be good. It's just that he's not on a Kawhi-like development trajectory like some expected, more like CoJo/Kyle.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good opportunity for growth for him. He played well against the Rockets too.
    Wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has Pop syndrome written all over him. He started the year playing great, playing free, having a big impact on the offense. Then all of a sudden, he goes into half court pound the ball offense that totally stunts his style, while constantly looking over his shoulder for the yank. Now his brain is stuck between his natural fast paced play, and round peg square hole Pop style. He's thinking too much.

This version of Pop loves neutering young players. He wants absolute control and will cut players legs of to do it. Sure Murray needs to learn control and pace, but early on, just let him get his NBA legs under him, something that should been happening last year. Now he's another year behind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players that would have ridden the bench and played D league for their first 3 years under current Pop:

Tony Parker
    Manu
    Kobe
    McGrady

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray did start great...one game...but then started going back to his bad ways, before Pop benched him. Pop gave him a shot to see if he is the player he could be but not beyond that, and that's fair. That could be a benefit to Murray as much for the team. Murrays too in love with his physical skills and needs more learned skill to lead a team with playoff potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has Pop syndrome written all over him. He started the year playing great, playing free, having a big impact on the offense. Then all of a sudden, he goes into half court pound the ball offense that totally stunts his style, while constantly looking over his shoulder for the yank. Now his brain is stuck between his natural fast paced play, and round peg square hole Pop style. He's thinking too much.

This version of Pop loves neutering young players. He wants absolute control and will cut players legs of to do it. Sure Murray needs to learn control and pace, but early on, just let him get his NBA legs under him, something that should been happening last year. Now he's another year behind.
    DeJounte played well ,right up to the time that opponents figured out that he can’t shoot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's not what I saw, but interesting theory. My opinion is that he started off strong sticking to the gameplan, then he started doing too much and fell off. Natural for a young player. He has to learn to play within the system first, before he knows how to bend it. But early on he was letting the game come to him, picking his spots well, getting boards and points off hustle plays, and then after he started getting media attention he tried to take the next step looking for his shot more, starting penetrating more and turning the ball over because he had no where to go. Pop started Patty and we turned things around cause Patty was playing solid ball and not making rook mistakes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players that would have ridden the bench and played D league for their first 3 years under current Pop:

Tony Parker
    Manu
    Kobe
    McGrady
    All 4 of those guys had a good work ethic. They were also more driven and talented than Murray when they entered the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All 4 of those guys had a good work ethic. They were also more driven and talented than Murray when they entered the league.
    Of course they were. Point is, this version of Pop wouldn't give a . It wouldn't be fair to the guys in front of them.

Kobe air balled two open ill-advised threes in the playoffs against the JazZ. You think Pop would stand for that? He would've been D league bound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not there yet, doesnt even have a 3 pointer and everybody knows that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's high praise from Pop. We know he's never afraid of the moment but him getting wiser by the minute and by the game that's the stuff that's going to help him long term. Guy is still really young. He's still improving which is great for the team.

Thread Information