Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree but Harden has a case ...
    if i was voting as media member it would be LeBrin and Durant is actially entering the convo tbh ...
    as a fan and an asshole i hope Harden wins.
    1. So it further devalues an award that has become a joke...
    2. The butthurt it causes lebron stans and some analytic nerds (some argue Bron others Beard)
    3. the butthurt it causes The Leonard is the best 2way player congregational ...i actually like Kiwi but niccas get so mad when i speak truth that he maybe the 3rd best SF ...so how he ginna win MVP?
    Doubt it's going to cause any butthurt if he wins the MVP this year over Kawhi since Kawhi was pretty much out of the MVP race at the start of the year . Last year I felt Kawhi deserved it over Russ and Harden but the MVP race these days is more like a presidential campaign in the sense the more media hype you have the more likely you are to win. Anyways if Kawhi never wins the MVP it won't bother me since I already got to see Robinson/Duncan win the award 3 times in my lifetime. I think it offends the spur fans who are under the age of 30 moreso than the ones above 30 of Kawhi not getting the MVP. You also need to work harder on your troll game.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Doubt it's going to cause any butthurt if he wins the MVP this year over Kawhi since Kawhi was pretty much out of the MVP race at the start of the year . Last year I felt Kawhi deserved it over Russ and Harden but the MVP race these days is more like a presidential campaign in the sense the more media hype you have the more likely you are to win. Anyways if Kawhi never wins the MVP it won't bother me since I already got to see Robinson/Duncan win the award 3 times in my lifetime. I think it offends the spur fans who are under the age of 30 moreso than the ones above 30 of Kawhi not getting the MVP. You also need to work harder on your troll game.
    im not trolling.
    I said the same last year cuz I believe it.
    But just like Durant dis last year Leonard getting hurt disproved my chance to prove my theory ...
    point being if all 3 are healthy its close but ...
    1. Lebron
    2. Durant
    3 . Kiwi

that is no slight to anyone.
    Kiwi is the best on both ends.
    Durant the best scorer
    Lebrin the best passer and all around player ...
    no shame or trolling to say he is third best in that crew...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    oh and slicer you underestimate the petty nature of some of your fanbase

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden is a gimmick player playing in a gimmick offense (which will flameout in the playoffs as per par), therefore he's the perfect mvp for today's NBA tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden was my vote last year and then went and bent over for Softridge in an elimination game in his own building. Sorry, not falling for that again. LeBron's the MVP by a mile.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Harden was my vote last year and then went and bent over for Softridge in an elimination game in his own building. Sorry, not falling for that again. LeBron's the MVP by a mile.
    that has nothing to do with a regular season award ..
    just like hakeem shaking the out of Robison or Kobe dunking on Nash means nada...
    i agree though should be Bron but harden #'s wise making a strong case ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that has nothing to do with a regular season award ..
    just like hakeem shaking the out of Robison or Kobe dunking on Nash means nada...
    i agree though should be Bron but harden #'s wise making a strong case ...
    Robinson and Nash didn't deserve their MVPs either. Though neither of them the bed anything like Harden's Game 6 last year. He goes into Karl Malone territory with that one.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Durbeta isn't even the MVP of his own team

Lakerfan is not even being subtle in trying to normalize how badly their new favorite team stacked the deck.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh and slicer you underestimate the petty nature of some of your fanbase
    Actually I don't. Believe it or not prior to the '16-'17 season I was one of Kawhi's biggest critics in here. I didn't believe he was a superstar and had a ton of arguments about in here in the summer of 2016. My view of him back then was that he was an all-star player but he wasn't a top 5 player in this league. I remember a lot of Kawhi s which is what I call them came after me. During the '16-17 season he proved me wrong and became a top 5 players. I felt last year he was better than Durant but prior to last year Durant was better than him. Right now Durant is better than Kawhi since Kawhi is not in game shape but we'll see come April and May whose better. Also trust me I know there a lot of fans on ST that would rather see Kawhi win the MVP versus the Spurs win games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not trolling.
    I said the same last year cuz I believe it.
    But just like Durant dis last year Leonard getting hurt disproved my chance to prove my theory ...
    point being if all 3 are healthy its close but ...
    1. Lebron
    2. Durant
    3 . Kiwi

that is no slight to anyone.
    Kiwi is the best on both ends.
    Durant the best scorer
    Lebrin the best passer and all around player ...
    no shame or trolling to say he is third best in that crew...
    I agree that as players, Lebron and Durant > Kawhi. But given the strength of the teams, I can argue both Lebron and Kawhi are more valuable than Durant. GSW without Durant would still be the favourite to win it all. Cavs without Lebron is a 4th to 6th seed out East (massive drop), Spurs without Kawhi is a 4th to 7th seed in the West.

The Spurs are pretty odd this year, playing very well without Kawhi but poorly (on offense) with him. I think there is way too much standing around waiting Kawhi to his thing on offense with Kawhi in those four games. the Spurs are still ironing out the kinks but with Kawhi, they can legitimately be a 2nd best team in the West (nobody's touching GSW until Green self-destructs)

Like most said, MVP should go to Lebron every year, he's that much better than the compe ion.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Durbeta isn't even the MVP of his own team

Lakerfan is not even being subtle in trying to normalize how badly their new favorite team stacked the deck.
    that dont matter even if true media,narrative will be that he carried State to a 11 game winning streak leading team in scoring assists and blocks down Curry and Draymond ...stop acting like you dont know how this works. Blake got his highest MVP finish for the same reason ...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GSW without Durant would still be the favourite to win it all.
    Cleveland probably would be, tbh. GSW w/o Durant peaked; and even then, they still lost to Cleveland in the finals. The one they won w/o Durant, Irving and then Love was injured (not to mention the rash of injuries / cir stances in the western playoffs).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cleveland probably would be, tbh. GSW w/o Durant peaked; and even then, they still lost to Cleveland in the finals. The one they won w/o Durant, Irving and then Love was injured (not to mention the rash of injuries / cir stances in the western playoffs).
    Not so sure about that. The gsw were built for the regular season, but that series against Cleveland was a fluke.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not so sure about that. The gsw were built for the regular season, but that series against Cleveland was a fluke.
    It was. But it showed just how not dominant GSW is all the same. To go 73-9 and then lose when up 3-1? This has never been a team with much for ude. And most believe they had the most fortunate of cir stances the year they won it. Jump shooting teams were never meant to be overly dominant.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LeCoon been stat padding triple-doubles against eastern trash. As expected, Warriors exposed his fraudulent case for MVP.

20 points on 7-18, 6 assists, 7 turnovers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he's right, Harden learned from the best and you also over exaggerate his flopping. All he does is catches the defender with his hands in the cookie jar and immediately moves through them in shooting motion to sell it. Manu on the other hand...well he flopped...a lot.

clear foul and 0% flop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was. But it showed just how not dominant GSW is all the same. To go 73-9 and then lose when up 3-1? This has never been a team with much for ude. And most believe they had the most fortunate of cir stances the year they won it. Jump shooting teams were never meant to be overly dominant.
    I agree with that. But they’d still be the favourite to win it all without Durant.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with that. But they’d still be the favourite to win it all without Durant.
    Cleveland would. They come from the less compe ive conference and would match-up well with the Durant-less Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cleveland would. They come from the less compe ive conference and would match-up well with the Durant-less Warriors.
    Even though you just admitted 16 was a fluke?

Cleveland doesn’t match up well at all it’s just that lebron went supernova.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LeCoon been stat padding triple-doubles against eastern trash. As expected, Warriors exposed his fraudulent case for MVP.

20 points on 7-18, 6 assists, 7 turnovers
    son why do you hate lebrick that much? everybody has weaknesses, at least he is going hard to the hoop following mike and kobe's tradition tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though you just admitted 16 was a fluke?

Cleveland doesn’t match up well at all it’s just that lebron went supernova.
    What does GS winning on a fluke have to do with it to make your case that they'd be a favorite?

And Cleveland doesn't have to be a favorite in the match-up to be the favorite to win it all. That's not how Vegas does their odds if we're talking about pre-playoffs odds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does GS winning on a fluke have to do with it to make your case that they'd be a favorite?

And Cleveland doesn't have to be a favorite in the match-up to be the favorite to win it all. That's not how Vegas does their odds if we're talking about pre-playoffs odds.
    I meant Cleveland won on a fluke.

Vegas Would have gs as favourites easily. No team would not be favourites after having the best record in league history without being favourites the next unless something catastrophic happens.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant Cleveland won on a fluke.

Vegas Would have gs as favourites easily. No team would not be favourites after having the best record in league history without being favourites the next unless something catastrophic happens.
    That was two seasons ago. We're talking about a Durant-less Warriors today. Cavs would be favorites by the odds.

But if we're talking last season, Cavs would have been favorites then too. And they would have beat Durant-less Warriors too, tbh, imo. Again, Warriors do not have the mental for ude. They just have a bigger arsenal. As it is, the Cavs should've had that last series against the Durant Warriors tied at two.

Last season, Vegas would have saw that Cavs had a paved road to the Finals, the Spurs were formidable, and the Cavs were in the Durant-less Warriors heads. Easy call that the Cavs would have been the favorites, tbh.
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 12-26-2017 at 08:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was two seasons ago. We're talking about a Durant-less Warriors today. Cavs would be favorites by the odds.

But if we're talking last season, Cavs would have been favorites then too. And they would have beat Durant-less Warriors too, tbh, imo. Again, Warriors do not have the mental for ude. They just have a bigger arsenal. As it is, the Cavs should've had that last series against the Durant Warriors tied at two.

Last season, Vegas would have saw that Cavs had a paved road to the Finals, the Spurs were formidable, and the Cavs were in the Durant-less Warriors heads. Easy call that the Cavs would have been the favorites, tbh.
    Not following your logic. Warriors had the better odds in 16. The cavs got worse this year and even without Durant warriors are pretty even with 16 other than a few minor pieces. Not sure how cavs can have better odds.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not following your logic. Warriors had the better odds in 16. The cavs got worse this year and even without Durant warriors are pretty even with 16 other than a few minor pieces. Not sure how cavs can have better odds.
    Teams figured the Warriors out. Durant just gives them too much arsenal. Even with Durant, Spurs were on track to eliminate them pre-Kawhi injury. Then, the Rockets are better; whereas, the Cavs have an easier path. Only C's present a real challenge (when they had Hayward). Then, the Cavs beat the Durant-less Warriors even in the season they beat 73 games. Would you really want to put your money on a team that might not make the finals and otherwise might lose again to the same team as opposed to a team with Lebron that is all but guaranteed to be in the finals? Vegas ain't dummies, dude.

Thread Information