Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    it would be a damn shame if harden takes home that mvp award. this is possibly LeBron's last mvp caliber season, dude has been balling like a m'fer. unreal stats, athleticism is still elite and along the way the cavs are surprisingly still the second best team in the league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should get the MVP. Hopefully he gets it over Harden. I just can't respect Harden's flopping and bs freethrows he gets every game.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought about posting this same topic the other day. I figure it'll come into focus soon enough. Doubt the media is gonna snub Harden to give Lebron another trophy, tbh.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    LeGOAT deserves it, but Media will give it to Frauden in order to help push Silver's agenda of turning basketball into povertyball.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    it would be a damn shame if harden takes home that mvp award. this is possibly LeBron's last mvp caliber season, dude has been balling like a m'fer. unreal stats, athleticism is still elite and along the way the cavs are surprisingly still the second best team in the league.

Would it be a shame? 31/9/5 on 39% three point shooting. No it wouldn't be a shame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily Bron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should get the MVP. Hopefully he gets it over Harden. I just can't respect Harden's flopping and bs freethrows he gets every game.
    Manu played for the Spurs. To this day he still has the reputation as a flopper.

Vladi Divac played for the Laker and is probably the man responsible for bringing flopping to the NBA game. He was very "crafty". It wasn't until the joined the Kings, and was playing against the LAKERS, that the media and everyone started calling him a flopper.

Harden plays for the Rockets. He has taken flopping to an ungodly level. his entire game is based on his flopping style. Not only does it not get talked about, he is praised for it!

Bottom line, it all depends on what jersey you're wearing, and whether or not you are a media darling.

Harden is a darling right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I haven’t checked their respective advance statistics, but is it safe to say Harden is slightly better than Lebron in those categories?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LeCoon is stat padding. It's Harden.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Would it be a shame? 31/9/5 on 39% three point shooting. No it wouldn't be a shame.
    Why not highlight his 45% from the field?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Im with djohn ...LeBron is the best player still and you could argue, if everyone is healthy maybe Harden is 4th at best. but traditionally this award is not about who the best player is ...
    Since the 90s its mostly gone to a guy with a career year with a media narrative ...on a top 3 team in the league. Both have all those working but i would vote for Lebron ...he is having a more efficient triple double type season ...and leading in mins. he is stat whoring a bit but so is Harden as did Russ last year ...
    personally I think its dumb for either to chase it ...both have a legit shot at a LOB especially if State stays snakebitten by injury.

I hate the way he gets calls but Harden been a top 5 player who has led the league in assits and is one of the best scorers. Spurs fan wanted Leonard to win with a less impressive offensive resume ...i get KL plays defense but lets say when Gino was a flopper ..if he put up the exact same numbers as Harden, this forum would have ed endlessly if Manu didnt win.

Harden has a strong case ...but it should be LeBron. We will see ...
    btw even if healthy Leonard wasnt winning award this year and unless Durant gets hurt again ...he probably aint making 1st team All NBA which i called last year and nuccas got so butthurt ...
    KL is the 3rd best SF ...cuz 1-2 are monsters too. He is,the better two way player but with Durant and especially Lebron putting up the numbers they are, on better teams, they taking both forward spots and would have last year too.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 12-17-2017 at 12:47 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Manu played for the Spurs. To this day he still has the reputation as a flopper.

Vladi Divac played for the Laker and is probably the man responsible for bringing flopping to the NBA game. He was very "crafty". It wasn't until the joined the Kings, and was playing against the LAKERS, that the media and everyone started calling him a flopper.

Harden plays for the Rockets. He has taken flopping to an ungodly level. his entire game is based on his flopping style. Not only does it not get talked about, he is praised for it!

Bottom line, it all depends on what jersey you're wearing, and whether or not you are a media darling.

bull people called vlade a flopper on the Lakers ...same with Fisher. Manu was also called crafty, so take off the homer glasses.
    I do agree media narrative is a strong aspect of this bull award but i think both guys will have one ...
    Harden incorporating Paul while still putting up big numbers when Paul was hurt and now he is back...
    James carrying a injury depleted Cavs .. with a career type year in his 15th season
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 12-17-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree when you play for a team that is considered a media darling your allowed to get away with stuff on both ends of the court. The refs give you favorable treatment.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Harden right now.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Why not highlight his 45% from the field?
    Well seeing how 45% shooting for a Shooting Guard is actually about the average, and Westbrook won MVP shooting 42%....

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    LeCoon is stat padding. It's Harden.
    Harden is playing in a Dantoni offense which is notorious for regular season stat padding

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well seeing how 45% shooting for a Shooting Guard is actually about the average, and Westbrook won MVP shooting 42%....

westbrook is a non traditional PG but i see your point ...

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Harden is playing in a Dantoni offense which is notorious for regular season stat padding
    Remind me how D'antoni's offense looked in La and Ny? Oh okay.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Harden is a gimmick player playing in a gimmick offense (which will flameout in the playoffs as per par), therefore he's the perfect mvp for today's NBA tbh

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Remind me how D'antoni's offense looked in La and Ny? Oh okay.
    Dantonis offense made Jeremy Rin look like an all star in NY

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Harden is a gimmick player playing in a gimmick offense (which will flameout in the playoffs as per par), therefore he's the perfect mvp for today's NBA tbh

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Dantonis offense made Jeremy Rin look like an all star in NY
    For about 2 weeks? How did it make Melo look?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Exactly

Although sucks for Bin Harden that the same gimmick offense that gave Nash MVPs may not give Harden any since he's not a lovable white Canadian, and his game is ugly and aesthetically unappealing as .

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    For about 2 weeks? How did it make Melo look?
    Are you seriously trying to argue Dantonis offense doesn’t inflate regular stats

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Are you seriously trying to argue Dantonis offense doesn’t inflate regular stats
    Im asking which stats do you consider of Harden's inflated under D'antoni? Without Pringles, He was already at 29 and 7 per game.

Thread Information