Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isaiah Thomas on pace for 40 mins in his 5th game back after a 6 month injury. Poop is just an arrogant bas that thinks he knows better than everyone else.
    yeah lets just hire thibs tbh. everyone plays 38 minutes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah lets just hire thibs tbh. everyone plays 38 minutes
    So a pro athlete cant handle that? In that 38 minutes is actually 2 hours of elapsed time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess chemistry means nothing to pop... This team has barely played together... Only one full season... They don't have the luxury of not gaining chemistry... They're not the Dubs or the former spurs who have been together for years... Not to mention several key players are old and senile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess chemistry means nothing to pop... This team has barely played together... Only one full season... They don't have the luxury of not gaining chemistry... They're not the Dubs or the former spurs who have been together for years... Not to mention several key players are old and senile
    Dude, what the do you people expect Pop to do?

The guys have been injured. Pop isn't going to play hurt players for the sake of "chemistry".

As for Tony and Kawhi, both guys are coming off severe injuries, so bringing them back slowly makes all the sense of the world. All you people ing about this would be the same people berating Pop if Kawhi were to go down again.

Some of you are so freaking dense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The guys have been injured. Pop isn't going to play hurt players for the sake of "chemistry".

As for Tony and Kawhi, both guys are coming off severe injuries, so bringing them back slowly makes all the sense of the world. All you people ing about this would be the same people berating Pop if Kawhi were to go down again.

Always remember that this clip applies to Duncan2k5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always remember that this clip applies to Duncan2k5.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did OP forget his own thread?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well put.

The premise of the thread is bull . It's like pointing to a 99-year-old lifetime smoker and a 30-year-old nonsmoker that dies of a heart attack, then claiming that smoking therefore isn't harmful to health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop... trying to control injuries, have to shut down Kawhi again after all that micromanaging

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so now we know Kawhi wasn't healthy after all? Why the whole micromanaging? Did playing him slowed down his recovery?

The point of this thread is clear: Pop doesn't control injuries. They happen to anybody at any time and are part of the game. That whole resting business to 'avoid injuries' is nonsense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so now we know Kawhi wasn't healthy after all? Why the whole micromanaging? Did playing him slowed down his recovery?

The point of this thread is clear: Pop doesn't control injuries. They happen to anybody at any time and are part of the game. That whole resting business to 'avoid injuries' is nonsense.
    The Kawhi thing is a mystery. They said that he was cleared to play, but his quad didn't respond like they were hoping, so take that for what it's worth. If anything, it's on Kawhi as well if he tried to come back before he was ready, because nobody knows how his body feels like him.

As for everyone else...Green was legitimately hurt. Joff was legitimately hurt. Gay is legitimately hurt.

Parker was legitimately hurt, but came back early from a potentially career ending injury. Manu is still 40 and not getting any younger. They need and deserve rest games.

Pau is playing through his injury, which goes to show that the team isn't just folding up shop.

Does anybody really think Pop enjoys trotting out glorified GLeague lineups, and constantly having to tinker and bandaid together rotations? It's not making his job any easier, and if there is one thing we can give him credit for over the past two decades, he wants to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop... trying to control injuries, have to shut down Kawhi again after all that micromanaging

... sad thing though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, I miss the days when Tim didn't let his old ass get away with it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on what little has been disclosed it seems Kawhi did push Pop really hard to be playing when his leg was still acting up and giving him trouble. After giving it a try he’s not healed. There’s no other way around it. He has to go back to rehab and frankly this injury is super mystifying.

Who knows if he really needs a surgery at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on what little has been disclosed it seems Kawhi did push Pop really hard to be playing when his leg was still acting up and giving him trouble. After giving it a try he’s not healed. There’s no other way around it. He has to go back to rehab and frankly this injury is super mystifying.

Who knows if he really needs a surgery at this point.
    I sure as hope he doesn't need surgery for a sore quad. If they do that, then his career could be over. You don't operate on a sore quad that doesn't have any tears in it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So all of a sudden we are gonna pretend as if Pop doesn't rest healthy players? OK...

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should start resting himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So all of a sudden we are gonna pretend as if Pop doesn't rest healthy players? OK...
    So all of a sudden we are gonna pretend like we are talking about Pop's entire career, and not just this season? Stop trying to move the goal posts.

Pop has rested healthy players maybe a handful of times this season, and most of those were for Manu...because the guy is 40 ing years old and has had his minutes managed for the past decade.

He's only rested LaMarcus two games, and Pau one game. One of those games was against the junior varsity program they have running up there in Phoenix, and that was still a Spurs win.

Pretty much every other case of "resting" this season has been due to legitimate injury concern.

But please, continue to pretend like you know better than a Hall of Fame coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to know how many injuries the Spurs players have sustained during these rest games. I know not all of them occurred during rest games, but I still think they've contributed to healthy player getting hurt. Whether it was that game or a game or two after, players have gotten hurt playing different roles and not being conditioned for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So all of a sudden we are gonna pretend like we are talking about Pop's entire career, and not just this season? Stop trying to move the goal posts.

Pop has rested healthy players maybe a handful of times this season, and most of those were for Manu...because the guy is 40 ing years old and has had his minutes managed for the past decade.

He's only rested LaMarcus two games, and Pau one game. One of those games was against the junior varsity program they have running up there in Phoenix, and that was still a Spurs win.

Pretty much every other case of "resting" this season has been due to legitimate injury concern.

But please, continue to pretend like you know better than a Hall of Fame coach.
    Exactly. I've tried telling these guys he isn't resting players like he has in years past this season, due to all the injuries. They choose to ignore facts to further whatever agenda they want to push

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the result of his anti-Trump crap, stick to BB you dangus.

Thread Information