Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should the person capable of launching nuclear strikes be required to be evaluated periodically?

The American people voted. Deal with it.
    Running the away at the first sign of challenge. Per par.

Should the person capable of launching nuclear strikes be required to be evaluated periodically?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a reasonable framework. Combine it with the annual physical.
    Hooray!! Agreement. Combine a basic mental evaluation with an annual physical.

It can happen, even here.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Should the person capable of launching nuclear strikes be required to be evaluated periodically? Not a hard question to answer.

Wow. You really do hold that the "R" is magic?

I didn't think it was a hard question to answer, but since the implication is that we might first test someone with the magic "R", you all of a sudden lose your intellectual nuts.

Should the person capable of launching nuclear strikes be required to be mentally evaluated periodically?
    Have presidents in the past been required to be mentally evaluated periodically? Trump should be treated no differently. If the people demand it then lobby your congressman to legislate it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have presidents in the past been required to be mentally evaluated periodically? Trump should be treated no differently. If the people demand it then lobby your congressman to legislate it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Running the away at the first sign of challenge. Per par.

No. The buck stops with the president. We don't need snowflake patrols usurping executive power. And I know you don't believe this anyways; this wouldn't be an issue if your felon was in office. It was never an issue for you when Obama was in power either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. The buck stops with the president. We don't need snowflake patrols usurping executive power. And I know you don't believe this anyways; this wouldn't be an issue if your felon was in office. It was never an issue for you when Obama was in power either.
    exactly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Art of the Deal Writer on Trump’s Mental Fitness: He ‘Has Clearly Deteriorated’

Tony Schwartz
    — co-writer of Trump’s The Art of the Deal — has carved out a niche as something of a Trump-whisperer on cable news. Speaking with Alisyn Camerota, the author stated that he thinks the president is getting less stable.

“He has clearly deteriorated,” Schwartz said Tuesday on CNN’s New Day.

He added,

“Any reasonable person spending at least 15 minutes with Donald Trump knows that this is a deeply, deeply disturbed man.”

“He worked,” the writer said.

“He doesn’t appear to do so much of that anymore. And I don’t know the reason.

But it’s clear that he’s either lazy or incapable of working now.

And that wasn’t as true before.”

“Now that he’s president and the pressure is ratcheting up —

not only in terms of just being president but all the controversy and pressure around him —

I think it does contribute to his instability,” Schwartz said.

“And that instability is significant. And frightening.”

https://www.mediaite.com/online/art-...-deteriorated/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is President Trump Mentally Ill? It Doesn’t Matter

Diagnoses are something for trained professionals and even they are challenged to make them without a proper in-person examination.

But again, it doesn’t matter.

If the President has a cognitive deficiency or mental illness that might cause him

to act in unpredictable or dangerous ways or simply be unable to do the job, we need to know.

But my God,

we do know!

We see him acting in these ways
    every day – and

not just in multiple news reports from an abundance of different news organizations.

We see it with our own eyes:

in his public actions,

his public statements,

his tweets.

It’s really only the behavior that matters to us as citizens.

In common sense, every day rather than clinical language Trump is clearly unstable, erratic, impulsive.

In a word, he’s nuts and not well.

As citizens, we are entirely able and en led to make these determinations.

The observed behavior is really all that is necessary and all that matters.

It’s very clear.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/is-president-trump-mentally-ill-it-doesnt-matter?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_c ampaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-10-2018 at 12:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should the person capable of launching nuclear strikes be required to be mentally evaluated periodically?

[attempt to change subject]

[attempt to change subject]
    I don't really give a what happened in the past. I'm asking you what should be done now and going forward. I will be asking my congressperson to do so.

Yet you can't answer the question. That is what dishonest people do when they don't want to admit something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    '100 percent of the people around' Trump question his intelligence and fitness for office —Wolff

100 percent

Seems legit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It wasn't an issue because Obama didn't rage-tweet about nuclear war, suggesting some underlying issue. If Obama had, I would be in favor of doing it then. Never really occurred to me then.

At least you answered the question.

I think all presidents, regardless of party, should be evaluated periodically by a panel of medical professionals.

You think they should never be tested.

Nuclear war waged by someone in the throes of Alzheimer's is fine with you.

The people in the bunkers with the keys require evaluation. They person ordering the strikes... doesn't.

Or is it just because being Republican magically makes someone immune to the cognitive effects of aging? Is that what you think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    '100 percent of the people around' Trump question his intelligence and fitness for office —Wolff

100 percent

Seems legit
    Your turn. It is a simple question. People in the bunkers with keys have to be evaluated periodically.

Should the person capable of launching nuclear strikes be required to be evaluated periodically for cognitive decline/problems by a panel of medical professionals?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your turn. It is a simple question. People in the bunkers with keys have to be evaluated periodically.

Should the person capable of launching nuclear strikes be required to be evaluated periodically for cognitive decline/problems by a panel of medical professionals?

Sure. Why not

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It wasn't an issue because Obama didn't rage-tweet about nuclear war, suggesting some underlying issue. If Obama had, I would be in favor of doing it then. Never really occurred to me then.

I think all presidents, regardless of party, should be evaluated periodically by a panel of medical professionals.

The people in the bunkers with the keys require evaluation. They person ordering the strikes... doesn't. Or is it just because being Republican magically makes someone immune to the cognitive effects of aging? Is that what you think?
    The president's competence doesn't need to be rubber stamped by potentially compromised eggheads. You're just rolling with a regressive left talking point. And triggered by tweets is your rationale? Obama materially assisted terrorists and took out whomever he liked with drone strikes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yay. Seems like we can occasionally agree on something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or is it just because being Republican magically makes someone immune to the cognitive effects of aging? Is that what you think?

The president's competence doesn't need to be rubber stamped by potentially compromised eggheads. You're just rolling with a regressive left talking point. And triggered by tweets is your rationale? Obama materially assisted terrorists and took out whomever he liked with drone strikes.
    My rationale is that nuclear war is bad. We should avoid it if it is unnecessary.

Obama should have been tested as well, as should Bush, and Clinton, and Bush, and Reagan and Carter, etc. Should have been done in the past, doesn't matter who was president.

Funny how you think that any panel would be "compromised". Fine. Do it anonymously. Easy enough to simply give the text answers to a group of psychiatrists or neurologists without telling them who it is.

Would that be enough for you then?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My rationale is that nuclear war is bad. We should avoid it if it is unnecessary.

Obama should have been tested as well, as should Bush, and Clinton, and Bush, and Reagan and Carter, etc. Should have been done in the past, doesn't matter who was president.

Funny how you think that any panel would be "compromised". Fine. Do it anonymously. Easy enough to simply give the text answers to a group of psychiatrists or neurologists without telling them who it is.

Would that be enough for you then?
    So, you want the elected president of the greatest nation in the world to pass a scantron test before using nukes? That's just stupid on its face. Frankly, I'm more worried about someone evil like Hillary giving away our uranium to the Russians or Bill enabling North Korea's North Korean nuclear weapons program or Obama aiding Iran's nuclear weapons program. What's the test for them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you want the elected president of the greatest nation in the world to pass a scantron test before using nukes? That's just stupid on its face. Frankly, I'm more worried about someone evil like Hillary giving away our uranium to the Russians or Bill enabling North Korea's North Korean nuclear weapons program or Obama aiding Iran's nuclear weapons program. What's the test for them?
    Yes. I want SOMETHING done to evaluate someone we give the power to end civilization/humanity to.

Laughable is that if there were a Democrat in office you would be nodding your head so fast you would concuss.

We should have some reasonable, periodic evaluation.

Not doing so is just stupid on its face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... and to answer your question: There isn't a test for Iran/North Korea. That is irrelevant to whether we should. Do you think our government should be as bad as everyone else's, or better?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top general says he'd push back against 'illegal' nuclear strike order

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/18/politi...ump/index.html

Military people in the nuclear chain of command know Trash is one ed up, deranged, sicko asshole, a true anomaly that hasn't been seen before in the nuclear age.

The MUCH bigger, non-nuke problem is the corporate-welfare MIC war profiteers conducting unwinnable, unending wars costing Americans many $Ts and 1000s of American lives, having convinced a disengaged America that the MIC strategy is "sane", unchallengeable, and even unquestionable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cue elitist "lowbrow" comment from ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The people in the bunkers with the keys require evaluation. They person ordering the strikes... doesn't.

And you put such trust in what medical professionals think. My take is that they are just as biased, just as prejudiced (like some of these judges, FBI agents, etc) and can be just as wrong as the ordinary person and you want the power of removing a president elected by millions of Americans to rest in their hands. Well, just like these medical professionals advise NOW to expose, expose, expose instead of avoid, avoid, avoid allergens YEARS AGO or just like it's okay NOW to have dental procedures without antibiotics if you have a heart murmur but it wasn't okay for 2 DECADES BEFORE - they can change their minds and what was good advice then might not be now. And I already explained about the 2 psychologists who tested my son and their very different diagnoses. And can you listen to that televised meeting yesterday and really say that Trump has Alzheimer's?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such nihilism out of Trumpers

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. I want SOMETHING done to evaluate someone we give the power to end civilization/humanity to.

Laughable is that if there were a Democrat in office you would be nodding your head so fast you would concuss.

We should have some reasonable, periodic evaluation.

Not doing so is just stupid on its face.
    The evaluation is the election, bro. I didn't like Obama/Clinton enabling nuclear psychos, but it is what it is. You don't like it, stop making the case for heads having power.

Thread Information