Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s New York Times Interview Is a Portrait of a Man in Cognitive Decline

I don’t care whether Michael Schmidt was tough enough. We’ve got bigger problems.

Trump ... sat down with Michael Schmidt of The New York Times for what apparently was an open-ended, one-on-one interview.

Schmidt was the conveyor belt for some of the worst attacks on Hillary Rodham Clinton

... emanating from both the New York FBI office and the various congressional committees staffed by people in kangaroo suits. For example, Schmidt’s name was on a shabby story the Times ran on July 23, 2015 in which it was alleged that a criminal investigation into HRC's famous use of a private email server was being discussed within the Department of Justice. It wasn’t, and the Times’ public editor at the time, the great Margaret Sullivan, later torched the story in a brutal column.

What Schmidt actually got out of this interview is a far more serious problem for the country. In my view, the interview is

a clinical study of a man in severe cognitive decline, if not the early stages of outright dementia.

Over the past 30 years, I’ve seen my father and all of his siblings slide into the shadows and fog of Alzheimer’s Disease. (The president*'s father developed Alzheimer's in his 80s.)

In 1984, Ronald Reagan debated Walter Mondale in Louisville and plainly had no idea where he was.

I hear in the president*’s words my late aunt’s story about how we all walked home from church in the snow one Christmas morning, an event I don’t recall, but that she remembered so vividly that she told the story every time I saw her for the last three years of her life.

In this interview,

the president* is only intermittently coherent.

He talks in semi-sentences and is always groping for something that sounds familiar

even if it makes no sense whatsoever and even if it blatantly contradicts something he said two minutes earlier.

This is a classic coping mechanism employed when language skills are coming apart.

That’s part of the reason why it’s always “the failing New York Times,” and his 2016 opponent is “Crooked Hillary."

the president* exhibits the kind of stubbornness you see in patients when you try to relieve them of their car keys

—or, as one social worker in rural North Carolina told me, their shotguns.

For example, a discussion on healthcare goes completely off the rails when the president* suddenly recalls that there is a widely held opinion that he knows very little about the issues confronting the nation. So we get this.

But Michael, I know the details of taxes better than anybody. Better than the greatest C.P.A.

I know the details of health care better than most, better than most.

And if I didn’t, I couldn’t have talked all these people into doing ultimately only to be rejected.

This is more than simple grandiosity. This is someone fighting something happening to him that

he is losing the capacity to understand.

So is this.

We’re going to win another four years for a lot of reasons, most importantly because our country is starting to do well again and we’re being respected again.

But another reason that I’m going to win another four years is because newspapers, television, all forms of media will tank if I’m not there because without me, their ratings are going down the tubes.

Without me, The New York Times will indeed be not the failing New York Times, but the failed New York Times.

So they basically have to let me win.

And eventually, probably six months before the election, they’ll be loving me because they’re saying,

“Please, please, don’t lose Donald Trump.” O.K.

In Ronald Reagan’s second term, we ducked a bullet. I’ve always suspected he was propped up by a lot of people who

a) didn’t trust vice-president George H.W. Bush,

b) found it convenient to have a forgetful president when the subpoenas began to fly, and

c) found it helpful to have a “detached” president when they started running their own agendas—like, say, selling missiles to mullahs.

You’re seeing much the same thing with the congressional Republicans.

They’re operating an ongoing smash-and-grab on all the policy wishes they’ve fondly cultivated since 1981.

Having a president* who may not be all there and, as such, is susceptible to flattery because it reassures him that he actually is makes the heist that much easier.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...chael-schmidt/

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberals so butthurt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-31-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top psychiatrist: Mental health professionals are obligated to speak out about Trump

In a book of essays published in October, two dozen psychiatrists and psychologists challenged strictures laid down by their professions' leaders and publicly analyzed Trump's mental state.

"The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump" is a recitation of evidence for what they contend is Trump's malignant narcissism, hedonism and sociopathy.

Their consensus has two thrusts:

First, rump is a "clear and present danger to the United States, and to the well-being of its citizens."

And second, as a profession, mental health prac ioners are bound by a legal and ethical duty to warn the public of the danger he poses.

in an essay published this week in the New England Journal of Medicine, a psychiatrist and philosopher defends her colleagues' willingness to challenge a decades-old prohibition on the practice of psychiatry in the public square.

Pouncey, a psychiatrist in private practice and a fellow at the Philadelphia College of Physicians, calls these essayists "thoughtful, experienced, well-meaning mental health professionals."

The American Medical Association's ethical standards, by which all physicians are bound, says:

"A physician shall recognize a responsibility to participate in activities contributing to the improvement of the community and the betterment of public health."

To justify mental health professionals' right to express their opinions, then, Trump's mental state need not be so dangerous as to be disabling, or to require his removal from office.

If psychiatrists believe their insights will improve the public's health, she suggested, their public commentary should be welcomed.

"Standards of professional ethics and professionalism change with time and cir stance, and psychiatry's reaction to one misstep in 1964 should not entail another in 2017."

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/top-psychiatrist-mental-health-professionals-are-obligated-to-speak-out-about-trump/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

So now Repugs who have elected TWO Presidents who were seriously mentally ill with brain disease, with Alzheimer's, who blatantly declined while in office.

And of course, Repugs elected dubya, who was incurious to blatantly ignorant, easily controlled, guided, duped by smart people like head, etc.

St Ronnie was actually barely functioning, to not functioning, in the last year of his presidency.

And now we have PVL so-called President who watches HOURS of trash TV everyday rather than attending to the crushing, complex work load of the Presidency,

who doesn't ing READ,

whose staff must reduce complex geopolitics

(if they even care, because AmeriKKKa Empire
    Uber Alles and all alone in the world is much simpler strategy)

to one page that must mention Trash himself to keep him reading.

And people have noted that years ago, Trash, eg in the Stern interviews, available online, was much more coherent, with longer, sensible sentences.

But as with St Ronnie The Diseased, the Repugs will keep Trash in office, not go 25th Amendment on him, and exploit Trash to sign off on Repug because he is mentally ill and easily fooled by sycophantic flattery.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-31-2017 at 10:16 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he is mentally incapable due to Alzheimer's

or he is a functional hedonistic, narcissistic, sociopath

Which one is it Boots? You put both these up together?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

there is no conflict, either/or.

functional hedonistic, narcissistic, sociopath for his entire life, a psychological condition, compounded by Alzheimer's, a physical condition, in the last decade or so

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He probably goes around stealing first class airline seats from racist blacks. Kinda a crusader like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

functional hedonistic, narcissistic, sociopath for his entire life, a psychological condition, compounded by Alzheimer's, a physical condition, in the last decade or so
    Ill go narcissistic and leave it there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He probably goes around stealing first class airline seats from racist blacks. Kinda a crusader like that.
    So thats Alzheimers?
    I forgot I cancelled my ticket so I'll make as much of a fuss as possible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ill go narcissistic and leave it there.
    the evidence doesn't agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the evidence doesn't agree
    Alzheimers show physical manifestations in the brain.
    You got the pictures? Getting old without Alzheimers happens as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boutons going full Joe Scarborough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boutons going full Joe Scarborough
    i kinda feel like you were a super fan of Scarborough prior to Trump (who you didn’t support and definitely don’t support now)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alzheimers show physical manifestations in the brain.
    You got the pictures? Getting old without Alzheimers happens as well.
    Trash won't release his medical records nor his tax returns.

Alzheimer's or just serious senility in a 71 year old so-called President, the DAILY, repeated evidence of Trash's ed up brain and psychology tells me and Ms of others, the asshole is unfit to be President.

How will a mentally incompetent Trash react when Mueller or state AGs indict his immediate circle and/or himself?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Is So Mentally Gone That His Lawyers Are Intentionally Lying To Him About The Russia Investigation

Carl Bernstein said that his White House sources are telling him that

Trump’s lawyers are intentionally lying to him

because he is out of control and

they are trying to keep him from getting impeached for firing Mueller.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/12/...iticus+USA+%29

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    What a bunch of horse .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash won't release his medical records nor his tax returns.

Alzheimer's or just serious senility in a 71 year old so-called President, the DAILY, repeated evidence of Trash's ed up brain and psychology tells me and Ms of others, the asshole is unfit to be President.

How will a mentally incompetent Trash react when Mueller or state AGs indict his immediate circle and/or himself?
    This is just a manifestation of the narcissistic part of your diagnosis Dr. Boots.
    See how easy this is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What was the formers president excuse?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

couch doctors. lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excuse for sanity?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So thats Alzheimers?
    I forgot I cancelled my ticket so I'll make as much of a fuss as possible.
    Yea, practicing lawyers remember forget they canceled their airline tickets. That's it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just a manifestation of the narcissistic part of your diagnosis Dr. Boots.
    See how easy this is.
    bull , plenty of pathological narcissists can speak, even are charismatically articulate, as con men.

Trash can't speak in sentences, let alone paragraphs, and struggles with a vocabulary of early grade school. His brain is shot.

Thread Information