Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    horse .

I literally work around pajeets frequently, and their work is always subpar, they are notorious for cheating on exams/lying on resumes, and they are hard as to understand. Of course, there's the exception, but in general nobody in our industry likes to work with them.
    100% Agree. Not to mention they shower maybe once a week. But the other stuff you mentioned is more relevant, in all seriousness. They are very difficult to work with and be in teams with in IT. I saw them cut corners every day. And they only associate with each other. They're EXTREMELY ethnocentric and xenophobic and seem upset as per their face and body langauage when someone not Indian tries to communicate with them. Also, they don't really even try to learn English or the American culture very well, they don't assimilate, the vast majority aren't even open minded to interracial dating and marriage.

It's a shame, because my freshman year in college in 2013 I was a pre-pharmacy student and was around a lot of Indians in the Science/Health Science fields (pre-med, pre-pharmacy, pre-dental, biomedical research etc) and they were WAY better people and way more open and friendly than those in IT who are mainly gruff, antisocial ideologues. Example..... there was this pre-surgeon guy in my first dorm building named Priyank Patel who had a hot blonde girlfriend he walked with all the time, and a pre-pharmacy girl in another dorm named Manasa Gummaraju who had a serious white boyfriend. You don't get that assimilation with the I.T. Injuns, sadly.

UPDATE: Did a facebook search... "Gummaraju" is gone. Manasa got married. To the white guy. I knew both of them in 2013-2014, great couple.
    https://www.facebook.com/manasadotso...5%3A1514877659

Q: How do you kill a million I.T. Indians?
    A: Show 'em this picture....

Q: How do you kill a million Mexicans?
    A: Roll a quarter off the..... nevermind, that's just racist.
    Last edited by UNT Eagles 2016; 01-02-2018 at 02:25 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Whoever you work for disagrees with you. They are getting more value for their dollar. It may be better work or subpar work but its good enough for what they pay.
    Lazy corporations, absolutely. Trump (or whoever is president, or congress for that matter) needs to impose tax penalties for hiring and employing non-US citizens on US-site jobs. This will make it unprofitable for companies to continue to employ a lot of these foreigners. Invest in your own local citizens, common sense, okay? If you're going to build and have a corporate office at a certain location, hire locals to fill the jobs... DUH! If you want a bunch of Patels, invest in an office in India.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    2017 was the best year of my life tbh... graduated law school, got engaged, took the bar, got married, passed the bar, landed a job right away
    Congratulations. Your 2017 sounds a LOT like my 2016, honestly.

2016 for me.... graduated university, got a good job right off the bat, got a better job within a few weeks, got a car, met a beautiful woman, bought a house, then married her (fortunately for me, in that order)
    2017... LOST all of that. Except my degree, of course, which is useless with a year unemployment gap on my resume.

Hope your 2018 doesn't go like my 2017, or else you'll probably want to kill yourself.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Whoever you work for disagrees with you. They are getting more value for their dollar. It may be better work or subpar work but its good enough for what they pay.
    The company I used to work for had an insanely bloated IT department and budget and could not complete a technology project to save its life, and it was largely due to a bunch of incompetent monkeys in its Bangalore office.

One big problem I see with technology people across the board is that they’re too focused on what they find interesting rather than what their company needs them to actually be doing.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The company I used to work for had an insanely bloated IT department and budget and could not complete a technology project to save its life, and it was largely due to a bunch of incompetent monkeys in its Bangalore office.

One big problem I see with technology people across the board is that they’re too focused on what they find interesting rather than what their company needs them to actually be doing.
    You can kinda blame that in part on the university culture that won't let a lot of these majors graduate without taking BS crap like calc 3 and differential equations, tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You can kinda blame that in part on the university culture that won't let a lot of these majors graduate without taking BS crap like calc 3 and differential equations, tbh
    I blame it more on companies pitching IT jobs to new college graduates as “cutting edge stuff!” when in realty it’s repetative, menial work like most other jobs out of college.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I blame it more on companies pitching IT jobs to new college graduates as “cutting edge stuff!” when in realty it’s repetative, menial work like most other jobs out of college.
    If you're talking helpdesk and similar crappy $14/hour jobs you can pick up as a high school senior, then definitely. But the real entry-level out of college IT jobs, in development, data analytics, et cetera... the ones that pay $60-80k and up... they do require a degree of knowledge of relative cutting edge stuff like java and SQL (not brand new languages, but it's not menial stuff either).

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Congratulations. Your 2017 sounds a LOT like my 2016, honestly.

2016 for me.... graduated university, got a good job right off the bat, got a better job within a few weeks, got a car, met a beautiful woman, bought a house, then married her (fortunately for me, in that order)
    2017... LOST all of that. Except my degree, of course, which is useless with a year unemployment gap on my resume.

Hope your 2018 doesn't go like my 2017, or else you'll probably want to kill yourself.
    if you got divorced a year after getting married, then your marriage isn't something to consider an achievement. it means you rushed into it

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    if you got divorced a year after getting married, then your marriage isn't something to consider an achievement. it means you rushed into it
    I agree 100%, we rushed into it. We met in the spring of 2016 and got married in December 2016, so that should tell you something. But I was having a good year and was on a high in life. I thought the allure of getting my whole life together in one year was too much to resist. Turned out to be a mistake, probably would have been okay though if I hadn't lost my job at the beginning of last year.

Oh and by the way... Khalil Mack is awesome, Mayowa is a JAG, and the Raiders' defense mostly sucks outside of Mack. We good bro?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I agree 100%, we rushed into it. We met in the spring of 2016 and got married in December 2016, so that should tell you something. But I was having a good year and was on a high in life. I thought the allure of getting my whole life together in one year was too much to resist. Turned out to be a mistake, probably would have been okay though if I hadn't lost my job at the beginning of last year.

Oh and by the way... Khalil Mack is awesome, Mayowa is a JAG, and the Raiders' defense mostly sucks outside of Mack. We good bro?
    sure. probably still gonna keep you on ignore since you tend to spam threads, but ill click view post from time to time

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    sure. probably still gonna keep you on ignore since you tend to spam threads, but ill click view post from time to time
    Tend to spam threads? What, in 2014, 2015, 2016? That's no more. It's a new year. All my posts in 2018 have been quality. Please take me off... maybe I'll get the other two to take me off the ignorant list in time...

and yes, I admit I was a POS at times around the 2015 and 2016 NBA seasons in the Spurs game threads. Since #21 retired I'm much less vested emotionally in the Spurs
    Last edited by UNT Eagles 2016; 01-02-2018 at 04:24 AM.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    It was a solid year for me

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    why would you want to live in Plano?

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    I’m calling bs on the job thing. Ive been in the IT industry for a long time. I’ve had good jobs and ty contracts through out the years. Even when Obama was prez for 8 years I was still able to find decent contracts. But the one thing I have that some people don’t is at ude and persistence. As in if I don’t get the job my at ude is oh ing well on to the next. I’ve met a lot and I mean a lot of paper tigers in IT that don’t have real experience. They are the ones that can recite books and discuss design and theory. But when you put them in front of a real life scenario they freeze. I’ve seen it so many times. You sound like a paper tiger. A guy that has the degree and a little experience that expects top pay and doesn’t focus on the actual job when given the opportunity. Good luck though.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Well...not to pile on or make your year any tier...

But I'm pretty sure your mom has VAGINA CANCER.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    I’m calling bs on the job thing. Ive been in the IT industry for a long time. I’ve had good jobs and ty contracts through out the years. Even when Obama was prez for 8 years I was still able to find decent contracts. But the one thing I have that some people don’t is at ude and persistence. As in if I don’t get the job my at ude is oh ing well on to the next. I’ve met a lot and I mean a lot of paper tigers in IT that don’t have real experience. They are the ones that can recite books and discuss design and theory. But when you put them in front of a real life scenario they freeze. I’ve seen it so many times. You sound like a paper tiger. A guy that has the degree and a little experience that expects top pay and doesn’t focus on the actual job when given the opportunity. Good luck though.

Genuinely asking, what is your advice to newbies who don’t have that much experience? I ask because I just got into my first IT job (about to sit for the CCNA) and I know the paper tiger is a real thing. I’m trying to learn as much technology, not related to my studies as possible so that I have that diverse skill set. Other than that, I’ve been developing a home lab by borrowing equipment from work if there’s something I don’t understand. I feel like always throwing something physical together is the best way to learn. Like you said, in IT you have to be careful what you wish for. If you want that high paying job, you might get through an easy technical interview, but then you need to back it up immediately. I’m realizing it’s a lot different than your cookie cutter post grad job where they just take anybody fresh and then train you

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Genuinely asking, what is your advice to newbies who don’t have that much experience? I ask because I just got into my first IT job (about to sit for the CCNA) and I know the paper tiger is a real thing. I’m trying to learn as much technology, not related to my studies as possible so that I have that diverse skill set. Other than that, I’ve been developing a home lab by borrowing equipment from work if there’s something I don’t understand. I feel like always throwing something physical together is the best way to learn. Like you said, in IT you have to be careful what you wish for. If you want that high paying job, you might get through an easy technical interview, but then you need to back it up immediately. I’m realizing it’s a lot different than your cookie cutter post grad job where they just take anybody fresh and then train you
    You don't want to get involved in any pre-packaged systems. Continue to keep an eye out for physics based programming languages. Most of them wont' work but you need to at least be familiar with them so that you can jump on board once the transition is obvious. Also keep up the continued education programs and become familiar with CIHCO and Vetron ExTRAP.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    You're on the right track and have the right at ude it seems. The best thing I ever did for my self was build a lab at home and learn real hands on with out fear of breaking a production environment. Keep learning and don't be afraid to share info and IT experiences. I found that people respect you not only based on work production and work ethic but also because you are constantly learning something new. It's also a huge power play. Trust me when I say people get intimidated when you keep gaining knowledge. Don't be a condescending know it all prick. No one likes a know it all or show off especially in the IT world. Many co workers over the years have been fired because of this . Try to be a team player and stay productive and always be looking to move up the ladder. Don't get stuck in an entry level position too long. Have fun and good luck.

By the way do not under any cir stances allow some college grad come around pushing his degree around. I didn't go to college right away and I was well into my IT career before I started going to college. It was best for me because I got to see what it was like in real life first. Then I just understood that the Degree was for my resume. My certifications and work experience far exceed my college degree.
    Last edited by RGMCSE; 01-02-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Russell Wilson led the NFL with 34 TD's (3 rushing-37) another Pro Bowl and real MVP talk. Give the guy a team and he just keeps rollings.

My Niners FINALLY got a QB or so it appears.

Oh the track boards I said....keep an eye on NCAA 100m champ Christian Coleman out of Tennessee. So what's he do, he beats the great Usain Bolt at the World Champs. (Justin Gatlin 1st)

The Bears Tariq Cohen lived up to the hype.

Tyreek Hll became a legit NFL receiver not just a fast guy.

If black men stayed home and raised their kids where are the gangs, THAT is the problem that needs a knee in protest.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-02-2018 at 11:53 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The bank of america job was just that though, they barely had us on any assignments, and when they would put us on a team they'd take us off in a new york minute, replace us with some paneer patel with 15 years experience, so you wonder why they had to lay a lot of us off. Smh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

In light of your impulsive failed marriage, do you think that maybe you're just kind of ed up and not hireable? I mean...if I just read your ST posts, there's now way I'd hire you unless you convinced me you're some kind of idiot savant genius. But that doesn't come across in your posts. If your interviews are anything like your ramblings on here, then you need to reevaluate your potential.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    God you must be a ing developer if you can’t find a job in DFW as a US citizen after a year

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Jan 11: Lost my (good paying) IT developer job -- haven't gotten hired by another firm all year
    Jan 15: Cowboys get screwed over for the 2nd time in 3 years in the playoffs against the green goobers
    Feb 5: Cheatriots cheat to come back... ugh.
    Feb 9: lose around $6k on an investment
    Feb 20: I catch a bad cold and get sick
    Mar 1: Get so poor I have to sell my old car
    Mar 28: Spend my birthday alone as the lady is out with her cousin
    Apr 9: Lose $30,000 (most my life savings) on an investment due to a thieving contractor
    Apr: Draft Taco ....ing Charlton? WTF? That guy is molasses.
    May 1: get a North Texas toll bill even though I didn't drive on any toll roads... WTF?
    May: Guy moves out after living rent free in my house for 5 months... he always promised me he'd pay but never lived up... he still owes me $2,540
    May: fat Mexican idiot in a Camaro hit me on my bike into Carrollton. I landed on a train track, scraped my knee, injured my thumb bad. He sped off.
    June: I wasted $200 on trying to become a public school math teacher... got interviews, no job
    June: Sold that crappy investment house at a loss
    July: had to work doing ty dishes at a ty restaurant to make ends meet
    Aug: hot as
    Aug 11: Another guy moved out after living rent free in my house that month even though he promised to pay
    Sep: boring af... how do you lose to the ty Broncos?
    Oct: not the worst month, but still not great
    Nov 1: guy moved out after spilling red drink on the carpet in the bedroom, I had to emergency clean it all night
    Nov 10: slept with a chick back in Denton but didn't get laid
    Dec 3: divorced the lady
    Dec 13: officially put my house for sale, can't afford to live in a house anymore
    Dec 31: ty end to a ty football season and a tier year.

Get ed in the ass with no lube, 2017. I hope you get raped in with a ing icy-hot superpower chainsaw in all body orifices for all of eternity, 2017. . You.

Let's make it a better 2018. You can take me off ignorant list, Silver&Black , spurraider21 and benefactor. I promise to be different in 2018 and beyond.

Go 2018. As long as Brady doesn't ring.
    Just one of many stories you've told for the same year, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    God you must be a ing developer if you can’t find a job in DFW as a US citizen after a year
    Not at all, I just don't have connections (except old professors whose connections have mostly retired) leaving Indeed et al. as the only option, which is insane compe ion.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    I’m an IT recruiter. If you are a good American developer you are a piece of cake to find work for in the DFW area. You know how hard it is to find good American developers? When companies do they scoop them up. It’s most likely you a trash developer with the typical social re developer personality to go along with it.

Thread Information