Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i wouldn't want to hire somebody with no sense of accountability, blaming their issues on "they took er jerbs"

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I’m an IT recruiter. If you are a good American developer you are a piece of cake to find work for in the DFW area. You know how hard it is to find good American developers? When companies do they scoop them up. It’s most likely you a trash developer with the typical social re developer personality to go along with it.
    Nope. So I'm up in Columbus, OH right now and even though there are less total companies w/jobs per se than DFW, one of the main differences is their requirements... I have roughly 2 years corporate experience and a college degree, up here for example you can get a mid-level position with 1-2 years work experience and a college degree..... for the same positions in DFW it's ridiculous because of compe ion. 5+ years REQUIRED, plus a college degree, meaning nobody under 27 or so gets a chance.

I've called around recruiters/head hunters in DFW over the months and they've increasingly been telling me that there are no available entry level development/dba positions available in DFW, and that the mid level positions will always require 5 years experience or else my application goes in the trash.

I called recruiters here in Columbus today and they said they have several opportunities up here presently, and I can qualify for mid level up here with only 2 years exp and a degree. I can qualify as a local resident because I own a house up here, they don't have to know or care that it's a fix and flip house. I got a library pass here, too. Woot.

The only bad thing is there's going to be a huge snow storm later today which means I'll be driving on hundreds of miles of ice and snow to get back to Plano tomorrow/Sunday. 1050-1100 miles, 16-18 hours. It's the pits.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Keep telling yourself whatever excuses you want to make up. I have placed plenty of people in Dallas market and other markets in Texas wth as much experience as you or less with relative ease. The recruiters you spoke with probably told you they didn’t have anything that was a fit for you because they realized you are a developer pretty quickly.

Keep on spinning though and blaming everyone else else and the “market”

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Why don't you just work in the refineries? There's a bunch of Texans here who do over 100k before you take into account per diem. Lots of hours though

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Why don't you just work in the refineries? There's a bunch of Texans here who do over 100k before you take into account per diem. Lots of hours though
    LOL at the thought of NT doing that. He'd be the most hated person there on his first day.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I WAS RIGHT

THIS IS ING AWESOME

EVEN YEARS FTMFW

ODD YEARS*

(*since 2008)

I guess Flacco beating the 49ers was okay, didn't have a real preference there. Same with Cam vs. Peyton in his last dance. The best thing to probably happen in an odd year in the past decade is the Lakers getting pummeled by Dallas but Dallas winning the 'ship that year was a little ty in itself.

Overall, odd years have been just ty. Only really ty thing in an even year in sports was the Lakers coming back to beat the Celtics in '10.

Thread Information