Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jan 11: Lost my (good paying) IT developer job -- haven't gotten hired by another firm all year
    Jan 15: Cowboys get screwed over for the 2nd time in 3 years in the playoffs against the green goobers
    Feb 5: Cheatriots cheat to come back... ugh.
    Feb 9: lose around $6k on an investment
    Feb 20: I catch a bad cold and get sick
    Mar 1: Get so poor I have to sell my old car
    Mar 28: Spend my birthday alone as the lady is out with her cousin
    Apr 9: Lose $30,000 (most my life savings) on an investment due to a thieving contractor
    Apr: Draft Taco ....ing Charlton? WTF? That guy is molasses.
    May 1: get a North Texas toll bill even though I didn't drive on any toll roads... WTF?
    May: Guy moves out after living rent free in my house for 5 months... he always promised me he'd pay but never lived up... he still owes me $2,540
    May: fat Mexican idiot in a Camaro hit me on my bike into Carrollton. I landed on a train track, scraped my knee, injured my thumb bad. He sped off.
    June: I wasted $200 on trying to become a public school math teacher... got interviews, no job
    June: Sold that crappy investment house at a loss
    July: had to work doing ty dishes at a ty restaurant to make ends meet
    Aug: hot as
    Aug 11: Another guy moved out after living rent free in my house that month even though he promised to pay
    Sep: boring af... how do you lose to the ty Broncos?
    Oct: not the worst month, but still not great
    Nov 1: guy moved out after spilling red drink on the carpet in the bedroom, I had to emergency clean it all night
    Nov 10: slept with a chick back in Denton but didn't get laid
    Dec 3: divorced the lady
    Dec 13: officially put my house for sale, can't afford to live in a house anymore
    Dec 31: ty end to a ty football season and a tier year.

Get ed in the ass with no lube, 2017. I hope you get raped in with a ing icy-hot superpower chainsaw in all body orifices for all of eternity, 2017. . You.

Let's make it a better 2018. You can take me off ignorant list, Silver&Black , spurraider21 and benefactor. I promise to be different in 2018 and beyond.

Go 2018. As long as Brady doesn't ring.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Don't worry, Andrew. You'll have plenty of good stuff to write in your diary after the sb upset

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Good stuff

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    A couple of questions

i) what's up with having multiple guys coming over and staying so long rent free?

ii) What do you want to do going forward? That sucks the position you're in (been there, done that), but do you have any specific goals you're shooting for? It's not about where you're at it's where you're going.

If you really want to just be a math teacher, keep applying. There's absolutely no reason you can't get a math teaching job in Texas. There's a ridiculous shortage. I got my alt cert thingy just for fun years ago, and I must've gotten atleast an e-mail a day asking for me to come in for an interview. There's something you're not telling us or you gave up WAY too quickly

Post Count
    A couple of questions

i) what's up with having multiple guys coming over and staying so long rent free?

ii) What do you want to do going forward? That sucks the position you're in (been there, done that), but do you have any specific goals you're shooting for? It's not about where you're at it's where you're going.

If you really want to just be a math teacher, keep applying. There's absolutely no reason you can't get a math teaching job in Texas. There's a ridiculous shortage. I got my alt cert thingy just for fun years ago, and I must've gotten atleast an e-mail a day asking for me to come in for an interview. There's something you're not telling us or you gave up WAY too quickly
    Have a hard time imagining what its like living in an area where jobs are hard to come by. You can make some $60k jobs pretty easy here if you show up on time, not on drugs, someone intelligent and trustworthy and not lazy. No one advertises anymore because they don't have to turn someone down then. Everyone is looking for a good employee locally.

Sorry about your rough year though.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Sounds like you have a pathetic life.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    If you have an information systems degree and can’t get a job in Dallas after a year of looking, you’re the problem. There are so many IT jobs available in this area right now.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Have a hard time imagining what its like living in an area where jobs are hard to come by. You can make some $60k jobs pretty easy here if you show up on time, not on drugs, someone intelligent and trustworthy and not lazy. No one advertises anymore because they don't have to turn someone down then. Everyone is looking for a good employee locally.

Sorry about your rough year though.
    DFW is an incredibly rough place to find a good paying job. Even with a good college degree. Unless you want to work downtown or something, idk, I don't.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If you have an information systems degree and can’t get a job in Dallas after a year of looking, you’re the problem. There are so many IT jobs available in this area right now.
    Are you still living in 2013 or something? The IT job market here plummeted around two years ago. The housing market has stagnated in the area for the first time since the recession. It's not 2013 when everyone graduating in BCIS/MIS/IT/CS at the time got an average of 5 job offers at an average of $65k. Now you're lucky to land a ty $40-45k paying job with 18 interviewers (in person, on site interviewers) per every 1 actual job opening... my actual experience, even for this ty paying job. For the last $60k+ job I actually was lucky enough to get an interview for? 86 interviews, 5 new hires. The compe ion is unreal, and the problem? Indians, for the most part. They're replacing the 23-27 year old American college grad with 30s and 40s Indians with more "experience". It's BS.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    A couple of questions

i) they screwed me over, it was the very first two guys that started living there at the beginning of last year. The one who owes me big money played a cool game that past December, then brought over his girlfriend without my consent and she started living there, she was an alcoholic since age 3 with deranged parents, she had kidney failure and kidney cancer at the age of 20, Javier was the guy's name he threw a pity party over everything (he was in the military, set to be deployed to Djibouti in July) which I fell for, big mistake for me not evicting him but I was frustrated and flustered with losing my job and my life that I didn't know what to do. The second guy was John, a baseball player, white guy, he paid on time the first 6 months for the most part but we didn't really get along and he moved on a whim and stole my gf/ex wife's plates and cookwares and I wanted to shoot him over that at the time. I think I have determined that the next time I get a house, I'm NEVER renting out the rooms in my own home again. Only apartments w/apartment units.

ii) I really want to work for myself, investing and flipping houses, though I acknowledge the DFW market sucks for this these days (tough to profit much even if you're a real handyman which I'm not). I'm expanding my horizons out of state.

iii) Texas, tbh. I want to move out as quickly as I reasonably can and start over somewhere new, preferably in the Midwest U.S. I aced the exam, got my alt cert thing this past summer, applied to all the districts within 15 miles, got 3 interviews... 2 were for teaching + coaching combined opportunities, one coach was really impressed how well I know my football when we were talking zone coverage schemes and such, but the principal I could tell probably didn't like my answers to the "subjective" questions which is what I've always struggled with in interviews. It's never my technical knowledge that gets in the way, it's the behavioral BS.

Post Count
    Are you still living in 2013 or something? The IT job market here plummeted around two years ago. The housing market has stagnated in the area for the first time since the recession. It's not 2013 when everyone graduating in BCIS/MIS/IT/CS at the time got an average of 5 job offers at an average of $65k. Now you're lucky to land a ty $40-45k paying job with 18 interviewers (in person, on site interviewers) per every 1 actual job opening... my actual experience, even for this ty paying job. For the last $60k+ job I actually was lucky enough to get an interview for? 86 interviews, 5 new hires. The compe ion is unreal, and the problem? Indians, for the most part. They're replacing the 23-27 year old American college grad with 30s and 40s Indians with more "experience". It's BS.
    How is it BS? Not trying to pile on but your letting your racism show through.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    How is it BS? Not trying to pile on but your letting your racism show through.
    It's not racism, it's realism. I'd say the same thing if the problem were coming from pale-white Finland, for instance. What are us college-graduating Americans, from US universities mind you, supposed to do about this mass usurpation of job opportunities that are making us less likely to succeed? Companies should be penalized for this practice, even if the older foreigners are more experienced and well... older. The strength of a country is in its citizens, not a corporation cheating and replacing our citizens with non-citizens who they feel may give them a compe ive advantage (which is unfair to our citizens). This is possibly the biggest reason why I voted for Trump, even though I'm not a fan of him as a person.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    i) they screwed me over, it was the very first two guys that started living there at the beginning of last year. The one who owes me big money played a cool game that past December, then brought over his girlfriend without my consent and she started living there, she was an alcoholic since age 3 with deranged parents, she had kidney failure and kidney cancer at the age of 20, Javier was the guy's name he threw a pity party over everything (he was in the military, set to be deployed to Djibouti in July) which I fell for, big mistake for me not evicting him but I was frustrated and flustered with losing my job and my life that I didn't know what to do. The second guy was John, a baseball player, white guy, he paid on time the first 6 months for the most part but we didn't really get along and he moved on a whim and stole my gf/ex wife's plates and cookwares and I wanted to shoot him over that at the time. I think I have determined that the next time I get a house, I'm NEVER renting out the rooms in my own home again. Only apartments w/apartment units.

ii) I really want to work for myself, investing and flipping houses, though I acknowledge the DFW market sucks for this these days (tough to profit much even if you're a real handyman which I'm not). I'm expanding my horizons out of state.

iii) Texas, tbh. I want to move out as quickly as I reasonably can and start over somewhere new, preferably in the Midwest U.S. I aced the exam, got my alt cert thing this past summer, applied to all the districts within 15 miles, got 3 interviews... 2 were for teaching + coaching combined opportunities, one coach was really impressed how well I know my football when we were talking zone coverage schemes and such, but the principal I could tell probably didn't like my answers to the "subjective" questions which is what I've always struggled with in interviews. It's never my technical knowledge that gets in the way, it's the behavioral BS.
    meh, I would forget about the real estate thing for now. Seems like the only people I know who got into it young were those with rich families who gave them tons of cash up front.

If I were you, I'd just go for the math teaching job. If you're willing to move, you'll find something pretty quickly. And don't just say you're bad at behavioral questions, figure out what the problem is and go from there. Tons of resources out there. Try to do a mock interview with somebody who won't just blow smoke up your buttcheeks.

Also, there's still plenty of stuff for IT, but you are right it's insanely compe ive. Any idea on what area you'd potentially want to jump into? Networking? Security? There's plenty of certs to be had. If you really want to get back into IT, I'd imagine you've made some kind of personal progress over the past year. Certs? New languages? I know it's compe ive as out there, and I'm not saying you "should be in ______ position by now", but I'm curious if you've managed to work towards anything in that area.

You can't work in IT or tech and just stop improving yourself.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    2017 was the best year of my life tbh... graduated law school, got engaged, took the bar, got married, passed the bar, landed a job right away

everybody do the scarn! Ghost_of_Gashir's Avatar
    Post Count

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    Post Count
    Jan 11: Lost my (good paying) IT developer job -- haven't gotten hired by another firm all year
    Jan 15: Cowboys get screwed over for the 2nd time in 3 years in the playoffs against the green goobers
    Feb 5: Cheatriots cheat to come back... ugh.
    Feb 9: lose around $6k on an investment
    Feb 20: I catch a bad cold and get sick
    Mar 1: Get so poor I have to sell my old car
    Mar 28: Spend my birthday alone as the lady is out with her cousin
    Apr 9: Lose $30,000 (most my life savings) on an investment due to a thieving contractor
    Apr: Draft Taco ....ing Charlton? WTF? That guy is molasses.
    May 1: get a North Texas toll bill even though I didn't drive on any toll roads... WTF?
    May: Guy moves out after living rent free in my house for 5 months... he always promised me he'd pay but never lived up... he still owes me $2,540
    May: fat Mexican idiot in a Camaro hit me on my bike into Carrollton. I landed on a train track, scraped my knee, injured my thumb bad. He sped off.
    June: I wasted $200 on trying to become a public school math teacher... got interviews, no job
    June: Sold that crappy investment house at a loss
    July: had to work doing ty dishes at a ty restaurant to make ends meet
    Aug: hot as
    Aug 11: Another guy moved out after living rent free in my house that month even though he promised to pay
    Sep: boring af... how do you lose to the ty Broncos?
    Oct: not the worst month, but still not great
    Nov 1: guy moved out after spilling red drink on the carpet in the bedroom, I had to emergency clean it all night
    Dec 3: divorced the lady
    Dec 13: officially put my house for sale, can't afford to live in a house anymore
    Dec 31: ty end to a ty football season and a tier year.

Get ed in the ass with no lube, 2017. I hope you get raped in with a ing icy-hot superpower chainsaw in all body orifices for all of eternity, 2017. . You.

Let's make it a better 2018. You can take me off ignorant list, Silver&Black , spurraider21 and benefactor. I promise to be different in 2018 and beyond.

Go 2018. As long as Brady doesn't ring.

Post Count
    It's not racism, it's realism. I'd say the same thing if the problem were coming from pale-white Finland, for instance. What are us college-graduating Americans, from US universities mind you, supposed to do about this mass usurpation of job opportunities that are making us less likely to succeed? Companies should be penalized for this practice, even if the older foreigners are more experienced and well... older. The strength of a country is in its citizens, not a corporation cheating and replacing our citizens with non-citizens who they feel may give them a compe ive advantage (which is unfair to our citizens). This is possibly the biggest reason why I voted for Trump, even though I'm not a fan of him as a person.
    Translation:. Damn foreigners are talking all our jobs. Not fair that they do better work for less money. Govt should do something about it and force private companies to hire Americans

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Translation:. Damn foreigners are talking all our jobs. Not fair that they do better work for less money. Govt should do something about it and force private companies to hire Americans
    How else do you expect Americans are going to get jobs and experience if foreigners come here and fill the spots? Just how is a young kid out of college supposed to compete with 35 year old Pajeet with 20 years experience who will work for peanuts because back home is a literal ? Not to mention brings over long eradicated diseases back to our shores. You libertarian cucks crack me the up.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    No company wants to pay Americans but then get upset when no one has cash to buy their overpriced . And libertarians autistically think this is ok because “muh free market” doctrine. The communists want a completely centralized economy and the libertarians want a complete free for all. Everyone is too caught up in dogma to use common sense.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    horse .

I literally work around pajeets frequently, and their work is always subpar, they are notorious for cheating on exams/lying on resumes, and they are hard as to understand. Of course, there's the exception, but in general nobody in our industry likes to work with them.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    horse .

I literally work around pajeets frequently, and their work is always subpar, they are notorious for cheating on exams/lying on resumes, and they are hard as to understand. Of course, there's the exception, but in general nobody in our industry likes to work with them.
    This. The notion that Patels do great IT work is bull . They don’t apply any critical thinking and need to be spoon fed step by step directions on how to do anything. They also do a lot of stuff to hide their laziness and inefficiencies, ie, demanding that a stupid ing ticket be submitted to complete a task that should take less than a minute. That way they can proclaim “ I service hundreds of JIRA tickets every month ” to make it seem like they’ve actually done a lot of work.

Post Count
    Whoever you work for disagrees with you. They are getting more value for their dollar. It may be better work or subpar work but its good enough for what they pay.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    meh, I would forget about the real estate thing for now. Seems like the only people I know who got into it young were those with rich families who gave them tons of cash up front.

If I were you, I'd just go for the math teaching job. If you're willing to move, you'll find something pretty quickly. And don't just say you're bad at behavioral questions, figure out what the problem is and go from there. Tons of resources out there. Try to do a mock interview with somebody who won't just blow smoke up your buttcheeks.

Also, there's still plenty of stuff for IT, but you are right it's insanely compe ive. Any idea on what area you'd potentially want to jump into? Networking? Security? There's plenty of certs to be had. If you really want to get back into IT, I'd imagine you've made some kind of personal progress over the past year. Certs? New languages? I know it's compe ive as out there, and I'm not saying you "should be in ______ position by now", but I'm curious if you've managed to work towards anything in that area.

You can't work in IT or tech and just stop improving yourself.
    RE is mostly a side thing, you don't have to have TONS of cash up front, but at least something in the 5 figures worth to take out a loan to get there... it definitely takes at least a year or two to realistically build up lots of equity from that, though.

Willing to move now that I sold my house, yes. I'd want to teach in a relatively decent-paying district (~50k or better is a good starting point for a teacher starting out) that isn't super ghetto... for those reasons, also because I don't want to move back into my parent's house, San Antonio is a no-go. Really either DFW or out of state. Unfortunately I don't really have anyone to do a mock interview for that with, lol. Don't really have any friends that are into HR stuff, I guess. Almost all of the friends I had in college and work were IT and business.

I didn't make any new friends at all in 2017, mainly because I was at home all year. A year further apart from my college friends with little or no texting contact, it was pretty much just me, my wife, and my mostly awful roommates that I met on craigslist.

Definitely applications development, database administration, analytics/data science, with some programming are my areas of IT that I've studied and worked with... NO experience with Networking, Support/Helpdesk or Security. Unfortunately, I made zero progress in 2017 because I didn't work and was looking and literally applying for jobs all year with only a limited success of obtaining actual final interviews. Wasn't in college of course, was just trying to tread water and look for a new position. No new education since I was laid off in January 2017 since I've been looking ardently, I'm not exactly unemployed by choice!

Like I said... the compe ion math is unfavorable, whenever a decent company is hiring a new little class of developers (I'll use my State Farm interview as an example) it's around 1000-1500 people in total who submit applications, around 100 interviews and around 5 new hires. Part of it is to blame on foreigners, but the other thing that is a problem is the pervasiveness of the online application being the primary way to apply for these types of jobs these days. A lot of these 1000-1500 people, such as me, are easily applying through third party sites like Indeed, Dice, Monster, even Linkedin. Those all make it super convenient to apply for 100+ jobs in a couple hours or less. Therefore a mass cesspool of applicants that essentially turn screening HR staff into robots.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Meh... she was 35, hispanic, VERY mexican and didn't really speak english. Nice body, medium sized, not really short or pe e, not overweight though. I had met her when she was with her friend at a bar by the Denton square in early 2016. Got her number, we only talked in Spanish and once a week or less, stopped talking around my time of graduation. This fall I texted her just for the heck of it and she texted back and we arranged a time to meet. Her name's Mayra. She has a 13 year old daughter named Amanda Maria. I thought Mayra would put out but we just ended up playing cards "naipes?" and spooning together half-naked (I did get to touch her breasts, that's the best I did) and her going to work the next morning and me heading over to Riprock's to see the Cowboys get their ass kicked in Atlanta (Adrian Clayborn... who dat?) and then going back to Plano that night.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No company wants to pay Americans but then get upset when no one has cash to buy their overpriced . And libertarians autistically think this is ok because “muh free market” doctrine. The communists want a completely centralized economy and the libertarians want a complete free for all. Everyone is too caught up in dogma to use common sense.
    agree, moderation is a lost art in today's society, you're either a radical socialist pansexual liberal or radical religious nutjob conservative or a radical libertarian, what happened to the middle ground that was a thing up until recently? is it dead?

Thread Information