Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Heart condition or no, he's good enough to be a first round pick. Figured he'd fall to the second round but definitely no further than the third, much less fifth round. Raiders just made up for most of the tiness that was this draft for them.
    We needed help at tackle but wildly reached for kolton Miller when there were really good players available. I like taking pj Hall in the second, but then we took another “upside” tackle in the third. What worries me is that we’re taking raw guys and banking on Tom cable to turn them into good players. He doesn’t really have the track record to convince me he can do it.

If arden key (character) and mo hurst (heart) stay on the field this draft will turn out to be great

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Ryan Switzer, the Cowboys’ fourth-round selection last year, is being traded to the Oakland Raiders, per a report from Ian Rapoport and Jane Slater. The Mothership’s Nick Eatman is reporting that the Cowboys will be receiving 2017 second-round selection Jihad Ward in the deal:

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    boys trade a 6th for Tavon Austin, who will play as a gadget back.
    I think I like this

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Ward is ass. How’s switzer

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's a fair trade

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He’s a pretty decent punt returner except for that fumble vs rams. Small, quick, started to come on a bit late in the year. I guess they’re more confident in Austin returning.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How long before my Niners are back in the SB mix? Love what they are doing.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think I like this
    Are you gonna draft him next time in our fantasy league Mr. Commish?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Are you gonna draft him next time in our fantasy league Mr. Commish?
    He'll be my pick between Deadtooth and Liverfish.
    so...I'm really supposed to do this thing?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    - Taking 2 tackles in the top 3 rounds tells me they’re not only preparing for Donald Penn’s decline, but also recognize giacomini is not a good solution at RT. Have no clue if they want Kolton Miller or Brandon Parker shift to the right. Miller, as the higher pick, makes sense to be groomed for the more premier position, but he has played RT quite a bit whereas i don’t think Parker ever has.

- Outside of Ellis as a run plugger we’ve hit the restart button on our interior DL. Banking on 2 rookies and a second year player coming off an acl to hold it down.

- They’re still confident enough in Gareon Conley to be the #1 cb

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I am quite pleased with the draft for Baltimore.

Hurst wasn't my favorite guy at 22. I would have taken Moore there. Even accounting for that second trade-down, I would have gone with Ridley. However, getting an already-developed TE is great for Baltimore no matter who takes snaps. A reliable pass-catcher over the middle is a QB's best friend, and getting one with break-away speed and legit size is all the better.

Jackson at 32 was pretty perfect. If he busts, he didn't cost much, but if he succeeds, they get a franchise QB for relative pennies for four years. Once Joe's contract comes off the books, they'll have the cap space to add vets around Jackson. He's at one of the best places in the league to succeed.

Like Jackson, Orlando Brown Jr is probably at the best place he could be. Dude has a ton of potential but seems to lack motivation. Playing for his childhood team and having to live up to his father's (overrated) legacy should keep him on track.

The rest of the draft seemed to be focused on getting tall "hands" receivers for the QBs and guys who can play in the third safety/dime LB role on D. They also picked up two more OL to develop and a DE who looks like an absolute monster in the seventh. Ozzie has a knack for finding rotation-caliber DL in late rounds or UDFA, so I believe that guy may end up making something of himself. The team actually had 12 picks, and I only went into talking about three of them. This would have been too long otherwise. I'm very excited for preseason, though, especially on offense. Good year to have five PS games.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He'll be my pick between Deadtooth and Liverfish.
    so...I'm really supposed to do this thing?
    Absolutely yes. The Sabine Pubnuggets are taking it this year.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You'd think the Browns with their history (recent) would want to play it safe and go with Darnold. Why gamble with a short cat*** who has had problems with the law, done some stupid ? If he fails it will look really bad because they did roll the dice, if Darnold failed, oh well they did what everyone else would have done.

I have this gut feeling eventually (maybe not at first) with some $$$$$$$/fame Mayfield blows it. We saw what the dude really is about, with no $$$$$$.

*** Brees/Wilson exceptions and rare.

Hate to see young guys like RGIII, Odell, doing commercials and hawking everything. Seems to be a curse.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    You'd think the Browns with their history (recent) would want to play it safe and go with Darnold. Why gamble with a short cat*** who has had problems with the law, done some stupid ? If he fails it will look really bad because they did roll the dice, if Darnold failed, oh well they did what everyone else would have done.

I have this gut feeling eventually (maybe not at first) with some $$$$$$$/fame Mayfield blows it. We saw what the dude really is about, with no $$$$$$.

*** Brees/Wilson exceptions and rare.

Hate to see young guys like RGIII, Odell, doing commercials and hawking everything. Seems to be a curse.
    And then the Browns took Nick Chubb in the 2nd round.

Another horrible draft for Cleveland

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Chubb is a good fit for cleveland since they have Duke Johnson handling passing game work.

Makes the Carlos Hyde signing look dumb, though.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    also, donald penn getting caught up as a suspect in a domestic abuse incident right after the raiders draft 2 tackles in the first 3 rounds

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Chubb is a good fit for cleveland since they have Duke Johnson handling passing game work.

Makes the Carlos Hyde signing look dumb, though.
    Yeah, you got Hyde, why even draft a RB in the 2nd round. They need a line.

Just stupid.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah, you got Hyde, why even draft a RB in the 2nd round. They need a line.

Just stupid.
    They picked an o-lineman literally 2 spots before Chubb.

They can cut hyde after year one and eat 2.3 mil in dead money. Or trade him after a year. I don’t see an issue with having a known commodity for a year on an offense with that much turnover. New qb, rookie qb... probably want some veterans around

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Chubb was an injury prone reach that took a 4 year beating in the sec.

Bad pick to take an RB here. Worse idea to take chubb.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

if they valued him that high, i'm not going to slam them for taking him. not gonna pretend to have studied chubb enough to know if his value was/wasn't quite that high.

but schematically it makes sense, and hyde isn't some otherworldly talent that would preclude you from seeking an upgrade

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Hyde is the same sort of tweener back as the departed Ike Crowell. I don't see how he gets many touches here. Duke Johnson is a Sproles and Chubb is a short but NFL sized bell cow.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    if they are unheard of, how do you know that they don't last long? Anyway, I'm happy with the trade, and he's hard to compare to anyone, because he's so tall. We didn't pay much for him, so worthy flier.
    there have been other names in the past 10 years or so, can't put my finger on them right now but, do recall them going down with some leg or foot injury pretty quickly and never having been heard from again.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    my top qbs

1.baker mayfield
    2.sam darnold
    3.josh rosen
    4.lamar jackson

not impressed with the other qb's and think all 4 should be taken in the 1st round. josh allen has bust written all over him. i hope the giants take him.
    Seems accurate at this juncture.

Thread Information